The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thursday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thursday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thursday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thursday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thursday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thursday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thursday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday

+4
poppytree
Karen R
Craftworker
craftymumof3
8 posters

Go down

Thursday Empty Thursday

Post  craftymumof3 Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 am

Morning everyone. The kids are ready for school. Kayleigh is dressed as Gretel and Josh is dresses as Shere Khan ( they have to go as book characters that are from books before they were films)

I have to do some more of the girls room today.

(((HUGS))) to anyone who needs them

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Thursday Empty Re: Thursday

Post  Craftworker Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Good morning Frances and all who follow. Bit cold here this morning but at least it's dry. What a lovely idea for the children to dress up as storybook characters Very Happy Sally always loved dressing up - in fact she still does. She has been to many fancy dress parties Laughing Laughing

I am going to do crafting today as I have a lot of cards to do this month so going to get on with it and forget housework for the day - apart from washing as I have just put a load in.

Enjoy your day, hugs to those that need one Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Morning...

Dry but not very bright here today.
Been to Mum's and she is quite cheery this morning. Looks like she had a good nights sleep from the Sitters report.
Had to have a look at her hoover as it wasnt working properly... looks like the fan belt has gone. She laughs at me when I am sat on the floor with my trusty screwdriver in hand!!
Keith is still in bed, still not feeling too good.
Frances... Amy used to dress up for the Book Day event... she was Snow White, Cinderella ... all the princess characters! Would feel sorry for some of the kids, some of them had next to nothing on and they would be freezing - much better if they did it in the summer!
Off now to sort out some jobs for the day... hmmm... coffee time first though!
Enjoy your day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 pm

You should have seen all the kids in the playground. A lot of the girls had the very thin princess dresses on. Josh had loads of people commenting that he looked lovely and warm (I think he will be too warm and will want to take his costume off once they have been judged)

craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh poo!

Just phoned the travel company to see if the balance for our Easter holiday to Rome had gone through as it hadn't appeared on my statement. I was told it had been cancelled as there weren't enough people booked on it and a letter was sent to me over a week ago giving an alternative date (which we can't do). Post arrived just now but still nothing.

At least I'm a bit better off and the money which was transferred over to pay for it can go towards a few long weekends away in the UK instead.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Morning ladies. TYpical isn't it? I went out for less than an hour and the postman tried to deliver two parcels I've been waiting for. He left one next door but I've got to pick the other up as it needs to be signed for! It's going to have to wait till Monday though as I'm off to see grandchildren tomorrow. Not much room in my case for clothes - pressies we brought back from Canada for them plus some other bits! Declan the eldest (age 3) rang me on Monday night and asked if I'd got him a new car!! Good thing I have.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Morning all

Lovely and bright sunny here but so cold it would upset an eskimo!!! Shocked Thinking maybe I will go back to Sleep think HIBERNATION would be a good idea!

Headache is gone and am feeling a little better today

Sue sorry your postie is like every other postie in the UK.... bloomin hopeless!!!

Jane sorry your jaunt to Rome has been cancelled... serves you right tho for thinking about ANOTHER holiday so fast!! lol! Only kiddin hun!

Frances bet they all looked a treat. Glad at least one of them will be all warm and toasty!

Karen glad to hear mum is settled but shame that Keith is still poorly x Hugs x

Jacky have fun crafting... I am gonna go get on with my march swap card Very Happy

Have a good day all x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Phew, that was a busy hour. Had some lamb mince so made a bolognaise sauce and a lamb, aubergine and butternut squash bake with risoni and wilted spinach. The chicken bones from yesterday's roast made some nice soup and a pea and ham fritatta is in the oven. I've now got chicken Rogan Josh simmering away so that's the next few days meals sorted. Off to aqua later to cool down!

PS The trip to Rome was booked last September and should have been a birthday treat for Clive as he's always wanted to go there - have to think of something else now.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmicfairy Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Afternoon all,
CCold here and really gray and misrable, but my washing basket is fit to burst as always (well with 8 of us it always is) and so on the 4 load today seem to do that much most days and never see the end of the basket lol. Camron has now got to put full weight down on his knee and use one crutch which he is trying to get used to, but doing well with it. The school are being very good with giving he pain releif at lunch and ice packs when ever his knee is swollen and letting him have a chair to elevate his leg. as we really dont want him to miss anymore school although his consultant would rather he was still off. But as long as Cameron is coping want to stick with it but if he is in to much pain will have him at home at school will have to send work home for him again. Hubby has been away all week but should be home late tomorrow and can't wait we all hate him being away with work. Well everyone love and hugs and extra speecial ones to those who are poorlie.xxxxx
cosmicfairy
cosmicfairy
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 pm

How annoying Sue, I thought it didn't matter who signed for it as long as it had a signature so that they could prove it was delivered - my neighbour has signed for me before and I have signed for them.

Sorry to hear your holiday has been cancelled Jane, what a shame that you have had to wait so long before being disappointed Sad When it's been as long as that you think everything is ok. Hope ours doesn't get cancelled. Just had to pay out for both of us to get new passports What a Face Glad to hear Cameron is coping at the moment and things are progressing for him.

Lou I was really cold again this morning but seem to have warmed up now Very Happy I have managed to do a card Shocked just one more to go before I go away again and then another 5 left to do. Oh plus all the ATCs and swap card. Laughing

A busy hour Jane affraid that would have taken me at least 3 days to do Laughing Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

I trained as a home economist (cookery demonstrator) and have always loved cooking and experimenting. Luckily I don't have to think about it too much and, as in most things, I'm a fast worker! Smile bounce bounce
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 pm

poppytree wrote:I trained as a home economist (cookery demonstrator) and have always loved cooking and experimenting. Luckily I don't have to think about it too much and, as in most things, I'm a fast worker! Smile bounce bounce

That explains it all, I can only cook one thing at a time, never have been good at cooking Laughing but I get by.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi Ladies
Like you ladies don't like the cold and I am so not happy about having to scrap the windscreen first thing in the morning again.

What a crap week I am having! had to work late every day this week as the work is high and I have two
people off sick and then to top it al,l I had to take my old boy Jake (cat) who was 18 to be put down tonight.
He had heart and kidney problems but he was a character and he my boy. It was the right thing to do, but it doesn't make
it any easier.

Take care ladies.
Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Awwww Pat... so sorry to hear your sad news, poor Jake - but what a wonderful age for him to live to. As you say it isnt easy, but you wouldnt want him in pain.
More hugs xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Aww Pat, sorry to hear that- you know it's the right thing to do but it is so sad when you have had them so long Sad
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down