The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday

5 posters

Go down

Wednesday Empty Wednesday

Post  Marion Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 am

Good morning ladies.

Well it looks like our nice weather has gone !
We are off to Bury St Edmunds today, I have to take my car in to get a few scratches done that were on it when I bought it, and no, I haven't added any more since then Smile
When I have dropped the car off, we are going into the town. Its a smahing town, not like the little one we have.
There is also a lovely cathederal with gorgeous gardens, and they have somewhere there where the children can play.
So I am hoping that even if we don't have sun that it doesn't rain.

Hope you all have a good day
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Empty Re: Wednesday

Post  Craftworker Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:55 am

Good morning Marion and all who follow Very Happy Not so bright here this morning and colder too. Not sure what I am going to do today apart from having a go at the front garden now the skip has been removed. May take a trip to the garden centre again to look at plants. It is hopeless trying to look at plants when Martin is with me as he knows nothing about them and just keep walking so I dont get a chance to see what is there. Still can't decide what to put in the two raised beds, bedding, small shrubs, or perennial?? Maybe a mixture of all three Laughing The one bed will hardly get any sun and the other will get the afternoon and evening sun.

Enjoy your day at Bury St. Edmunds Marion. I think we went through there years ago but not sure where we were heading at the time. I don't think the sun will reach you until later today so hopefully you will be in the dry Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Morning ladies.....

Someone has pinched my sunshine!
It is up there... just taking its time to peep through the clouds.
Had a busy morning, hoovering, dusting and polishing down at Mum's. Got back and Keith is still in bed... dont think he had a very good night.
Got Connie coming today (Social Worker) still going to try for an extra night sit, but will see what she has to say.
Have a lovely day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Good luck Karen - sending you hugs.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Sun keeps peeping through but not for any length of time. Got a tuna fish loaf in the oven - haven't made one for years - used to do it quite a lot when the children were small - happened to mention it at the weekend so Roy said he would like to try it - so that's dinner tonight!
I know what you mean about the plants Jacky - Roy doesn't know anything about them either and looks at everything that is totally unsuitable for my garden!

Karen hope you manage to get another night sit sorted.

Must dash - oven has just bleeped!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi all it's me......

Well we had a lovely day yesterday... we went to Blackberry Farm near Lewes.... loads of animals and great play areas for the kids...they slept like logs last night.....

Whilst we were there we we taking a tractor ride around the farm and I saw one of the farms workers go rushing over to the big paddock where the big Jersey cow was..... then the tractor and trailer came to an abrupt stop and the bloke jumped off saying I'm gonna have to cut it short cos we have a cow in calf....!!!

So we all followed him and we got there in time to see the whole thing... just the back hooves of this little moo moo were sticking out the cows bum when we got there but she soon had the baby moo (a girl) out and was licking her clean..... we stayed there about half hour watching and the baby made lots of attempts to stand but kept ending up smacking her nose on the ground!!! We then had to go for a bit cos the girls had a pony ride booked and then we went back after that the baby was plodding about although rather unsteady ..... am hoping some pics I took on mine and Adys phones (he forgot the camera Rolling Eyes ) will come up with a good shot or too....

But I figured my fellow Crafty Cow's here would like to know!!! All Moo Moo's together!!

The owner of the park and her hubby (tractor driver/farmer) were there but they didn't have a camera ready cos she wasn't supposed to calf for at least a week and she caught them by surprise so we have all promised to email any good shots thru to the farm..... Very Happy

The rash has started to calm down on my face and the hands are starting to clea but it is now on my feet and ankles..... gonna ask the chemist later to see what it is.... my hands are now more scaly and dry than bumpy... and they only itch when the blister is full not when it has been pierced... which I was naughty and lanced a load of them with a clean craft knife blade the night before last Shocked and now they are clearing up it seems....

He he craft knives come in handy don't they???? Razz

Not sunny here today, in fact rather chilly compared with the last few days.....

Jacky...... tread roughly on Martins foot at the next garden centre then he wont be able to walk so fast and you can have a good look!!

Sue Tuna fish loaf?????? OOOOH sounds weird... sorry hun!!!

Karen hope you get that other night sit sorted, sending positive vibes xxx

Nice to meet you Marion, welcome to our happy Moo-tastic home..... nice to have a new member who like a chat... alot keep too quiet!! We likes gassing don't we girls..... Very Happy

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:49 pm

LoopyLou wrote:
and they only itch when the blister is full not when it has been pierced... which I was naughty and lanced a load of them with a clean craft knife blade the night before last Shocked and now they are clearing up it seems....

affraid No pale

Naughty Lou!!!!

What a lovely Moo Day out you had Very Happy
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Karen R wrote:
LoopyLou wrote:
and they only itch when the blister is full not when it has been pierced... which I was naughty and lanced a load of them with a clean craft knife blade the night before last Shocked and now they are clearing up it seems....

affraid No pale

Naughty Lou!!!!

I have to agree with you there Karen - she will be put on the naughty step again

What a lovely Moo Day out you had Very Happy
Rolling Eyes

Sounds like you had a really fun day out Lou, glad you managed to get out and about Smile
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Jacky, I wish I was like you and knew all about plants and flowers. My husband was the gardener, he used to say I kept the house clean and tidy so it was his job to do the garden and keep the car clean! I have a double wall about 2 foot high seperating the patio from the lawn, all around the lawn are bushes, we thought these would be easier to manage as we got older, but as for what to put in the wall this year I haven't the faintest idea.

Karen, did the social worker come? was she able to help at all? I do hope so. You have a lot on your hands looking after your family and your mother as well. You probably play it down a lot as well, as I know from when I used to look after my mother. I used to fall into bed at night.

Topgran, never heard of tunafish loaf. Do you have it by itself or with veg etc.?

Loopylou, how lovely it was to read about you seeing a little moo moo born, its certainly something to remember from your day out. I am pleased to hear some of the rash has got better, but don't know about your piercing the blisters, I tend to think this can sometimes make things spread, but I hope not for your sake, as you seem to be going through the mill enough with them.

We had a nice day in Bury St. Edmunds, but would you believe, we got to the play area in the gardens, and guess what? there was a notice there "this play area will be shut for the next six weeks" !!! now I ask you, school holidays and they shut it for maintenance! I wonder whose bright idea that was! But we didn't let it spoil the day. It wasn't warm, we needed a jacket but I still enjoyed it.

Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Marion wrote:
there was a notice there "this play area will be shut for the next six weeks" !!! now I ask you, school holidays and they shut it for maintenance! I wonder whose bright idea that was!

Bet I know.... the COUNCIL!!!

Yes the Social worker came... her first words were (apart from hello!!) 'I assume you have
heard all about the cuts that the government have made' I knew things didnt bode well from the start - but, she is 'going to fight my corner' the best she can and will put it before the panel. If we are unsuccessful, there is another route we can go down.
Sounds as if you have had a nice day Marion!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Yes Karen, re the council, think you have guessed right there. Its a bit like when they start to mend roads in the middle of summer!

Oh I can just imagine the social worker. Yes they do try and help, but like one said to me, they go in with the suggestions and fight for you, but once again its the powers that be that have the last say, and if they are hell bent on saving money "for this years pay rise" then the social workers are most times banging their heads against a brick wall.
But will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Thank you Marion... we had the story that the staff dont even know if their jobs are safe.. they should find out by Christmas!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:39 am

Karen R wrote:Thank you Marion... we had the story that the staff dont even know if their jobs are safe.. they should find out by Christmas!

by Christmas affraid affraid the councils don't seem to get rid of the right people, they get rid of the ones that are doing work as that makes more impact on the people who then are upset about the government cuts.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:57 pm

You serve tuna fish(or salmon) loaf cold or just slightly warm with salad. We had warm new potatoes with it as well and was scrummy! I'll put the recipe in the recipe section.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks Sue, I have just seen the receipe, sounds good.
I might make one and take it to my daughters as it would be too big for just me.
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down