The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section

+2
mikki
poppytree
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section Empty WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:40 am

If anyone want to join me I plan to continue the weekly weight loss post. It was so helpful when a few of us did this. I found it really keeps me on the straight and narrow and helps the mooooooooootivation no end.

Starting weight (1st Jan -17:4.5)

June 16:4
5th loss 4lbs!!!!! (first week with SW)
12th loss 2lbs
19th loss .5lb
26th loss 1.5lbs

July 15:10.5
3rd loss 3lbs!!!!!!!!!
11th

Last edited by poppytree on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section Empty Re: WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section

Post  mikki Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 am

Hi Jane,

You are doing really well and to lose 3lb I bet that was hard work, what kind of diet are you on?

Well done and keep it up.
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section Empty Re: WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:46 am

Congratualations Jane,
You are a star

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 am

Slimming World - I choose mainly vegetarian options but 2 days a week I eat meat and/fish - so basically very low fat, vitually no bread, unrefined cards where possible, lots of fruit and veg and EXERCISE (gentle aerobics and swimming in my case 3 to 4 times a week)
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 am

poppytree wrote:Slimming World - I choose mainly vegetarian options but 2 days a week I eat meat and/fish - so basically very low fat, vitually no bread, unrefined cards where possible, lots of fruit and veg and EXERCISE (gentle aerobics and swimming in my case 3 to 4 times a week)
What are unrifined CARDS Jane? Razz Razz Razz Razz You've got crafting on the brain. You did give me a chuckle

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 am

Oh, another Pepi-ism or was it a Freudian slip? That should have been carbs as you rightly spotted!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankaroo Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 am

Well done Jane for keeping up the moootivation and the weight loss! Are there enough people dieting to set up a new category on here?
Ankaroo
Ankaroo
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.TheCraftyCow.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:18 am

I'll join in. Just off to get weighed now at SW. I know it works but only when I stick to it and I've not been very good this week, so have probably gained all I lost last week. Will let you know later.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankaroo Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:21 am

I've set one up. Very Happy
Ankaroo
Ankaroo
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.TheCraftyCow.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks Anne! It started as new year resolutions for lots but gradually most of them fell by the wayside. We were down to 3 but I think there are more new folk who would join.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:06 pm

topgran wrote:I'll join in. Just off to get weighed now at SW. I know it works but only when I stick to it and I've not been very good this week, so have probably gained all I lost last week. Will let you know later.

Hope it went well. Anne has started a new section for those of us trying to lose weight so I'll be moving slimming info to that one now
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 pm

That's great
Is there a forum for peoiple who are like me and are putting weight on instead of loosing it he he

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 pm

not yet but you can join ours and we can compete to see who loses/gains the most each week! I suppose all this weight I'm getting rid of has to go somewhere!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:20 pm

poppytree wrote:not yet but you can join ours and we can compete to see who loses/gains the most each week! I suppose all this weight I'm getting rid of has to go somewhere!
Thanks Jane, I think Wink Very Happy

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

WEEKLY WEIGH-IN is moving to a new section Empty oosing Weight

Post  Dizzy Daz Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:05 pm

I lost 2lbs this week making a total of 10.5. Started 8 weeks ago at WW.

I find it hard as I do not loose weight fast, but I loose size as I convert to muscle. When a friend and I took up bike riding she lost loads of weight I just gained muscles everywhere even on the side of my elbows!!! Mad

My friend who started with me has lost a stone already and even this week she lost 2.5lbs
Hubby says it's because in my young days I used to swim a lot (swim for zoos around the world actually!) and that I am programmed that way. \wish it would show on the scales though as it does take longer Sad

Well done to you Poppytree

Last edited by Dizzy Daz on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake!!!!)
Dizzy Daz
Dizzy Daz
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Dizzy Daz you are doing really well.
Do not worry about building up muscle. You will be toning your body up which is good. Muscles weighs more than fat. I wouldn't mind turning all my fat to mucle. I would need to excercise though. I am finding it hard to get started on loosing weight and excercising. I know I need to as my health is begining to get effected. I eat vast volumes of food and don't excercise. No wonder my weight is increasing so much.
I'm sure that once I start excercising I will like it again. I used to be so fit and that is one thing that is upsetting me now because I am the complete oposite.
I'm sure I will get there one day, just hope it wont be too late Rolling Eyes
You should be really proud of yourself. I am Very Happy

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:38 pm

slow is best anyway - I usually manage half - 1.5lb per week but have been losing a little more as I've increased the exercise. The inches are coming off and the flab is toning up esapecially on weeks with a little loss.

Did WW a couple of years ago and it took me ages to lose 1 stone. SW works better for me but all these clubs are helpful as staying to the meeting gives added motivation and encouragement.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Perhaps that is what I should do is join a club. Maybe I would feel more motivated then. I will have to see what is around here and how much they are. I hope they aren't too expensive as funds are limited at the moment.

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Find one that has a special offer on joining. Rosemary Conley classes include exercise too. Most of them are between £4 and £5 per week and that makes you less likely to cheat and 'waste' you fee. Even if you only do it for a month you'll get books and advice and we'll provide the support.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Thanks for the advice, I shall do some looking around for what around my area

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:22 pm

we'll hold you to that Pepi -no excuses this time.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:23 pm

If I forget will you remind me?

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Oh yes! - there's no escape now.
Sorry, I'm a bit of a bossy cow today but I feel so much better for losing a few pounds and I want you to feel good about yourself too. bounce bounce bounce
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepi Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:28 pm

poppytree wrote:Oh yes! - there's no escape now.
Sorry, I'm a bit of a bossy cow today but I feel so much better for losing a few pounds and I want you to feel good about yourself too. bounce bounce bounce

No,that is fine Jane, I really need a hoof up the backside. I'm getting quite low about how much weight I've put on so thank you.
I really want to get to a place where I can like myself (well body anyway) I do quite like me as a person, just wish I was a smalller person Razz Razz Razz

Pepi
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Liking yourself is a good start, loosing a few pounds will make you feel even better I'm sure lol!
byeeeeee
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next