The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Sunny Sunday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Sunny Sunday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Sunny Sunday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Sunny Sunday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Sunny Sunday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Sunny Sunday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Sunny Sunday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sunny Sunday

+6
Jenny M
LoopyLou
Craftworker
lexiecraft
Andrea
cubbie66
10 posters

Go down

Sunny Sunday Empty Sunny Sunday

Post  cubbie66 Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 am

Good morning ladies Smile
Lovely day here by the looks of things so far Smile
Off out soon, not sure yet where or what we will be doing but going to have lunch out me thinks Smile
Hugs to all the poorlies and hope everyone is feeling better today Smile
Have a great day whatever your doing and take care and stay safe xXx
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867
Registration date : 2008-07-05

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Sunny Sunday Empty Re: Sunny Sunday

Post  Andrea Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:26 am

Good morning Jan and all who follow, glorious here too. We are having a BBQ today and i think im going to stay outdoors for a while longer to get a bit of sun. Hugs to the poorlies and enjoy yourself if you are off out Very Happy
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:38 am

Good Morning lovely forum friends , don't know what we are doing today , but sure is a beautiful day,might just potter around at home .Dulcie had a fantastic time at Hindleap Warren, really enjoed it, I gather they had one 'do' with her , they certainly kept those kids busy, bed at 9 and up at 8 and action packed the rest of the time , think Dulcie lost a little weight too she says she loved Canoeing ....the mind boggles ...She is'nt fat , she is well covered but only the last 3 and a bit years she used to be sooo thin it was awful .She is still sleeping , and I had better go shower ,love an hugs o the poorlies and evryone have a great day . lexie Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:47 am

Had agiggle to myself , I had to have the 12days of Christmas stamps , and guess what I never used them either !!!!! I had so many ideas and just no time ..... may be this year !!! glad you reminded me I had them now to find them ..... ha ha lexie Laughing
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:18 am

lexiecraft wrote:Had agiggle to myself , I had to have the 12days of Christmas stamps , and guess what I never used them either !!!!! I had so many ideas and just no time ..... may be this year !!! glad you reminded me I had them now to find them ..... ha ha lexie Laughing

I stamped them all out and coloured them in but then never got round to making cards with them - so will be able to use them this year Rolling Eyes Question if I can find them Laughing Laughing

Good morning Jan, Andrea, Lexie & all who follow - lovely morning here too Laughing Sally is coming home from Croatia today so will be picking them up from the Airport and they are coming back to our house for dinner so will find out all about her holiday Very Happy Last day of bunny sitting today Laughing Laughing

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing - and hugs to the poorlies out there Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Morning all,

Had a fab day yesterday, my mum and dad took me and the girls out for the day, it was the first time I had been out in 7 days! Am a bit worried about Ady, he is working 6 days a week, plus doing all the cooking, cleaning, and washing and he looks so worn out Sad

Am trying to do as much as I can to take the pressure off but then I suffer agony in the evening and he puts on his 'told you so' expression and gets angry with me.... but what can I do? I have to do something to lighten his load.

Good news though, the blue badge arrived and we used it for the first time yesterday which was very helpful. Also we took delivery of a mobility scooter yesterday just to help while I can't go far on the crutches, not to keep, a lady at the caravan site Adys works at has 2 and offered her spare to me to use so at least me and the girls can get out for the last 2 weeks of their holidays!

I came home yesterday to find that my uncle Dave had come round while I was out and built a special ramp so that I can go out thru the kitchen, over the decking, down the ranp, up the back garden, out the back gate and then wherever the heck I wanna go! Gonna have a proper go later, just needs the tyres pum,ping slightly, already have it fully charged. It will go 25 miles on one charge apparently!

Here are the piccies of what he did on the sly!

Sunny Sunday For_ka10

Sunny Sunday For_ka11

There was a bit of a dip on one side of the pavement which made the scooter feel unsteady so we put some decking boards there (my idea) to level it out.

Sunny Sunday For_ka12

This back walkway by the back of the garages was overgrown and about a foot high with weeds, he strimmed it and leveled it all, and then hubby helped him reverse the gate so that I can open it myself and get it shut.

Sunny Sunday For_ka14

This is the scooter I have been leant..... Sunny Sunday Te888n10
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Afternoon all Smile What a brilliant thing for them to do Lou, the freedom you must be feeling has to be brilliant Smile With respect to you worrying about Ady, do you not qualify for some home help ? I know you have an occupational therapist that comes to the home, but do you have a social worker too who could fight for these things on your behalf? It was such a long time ago that I worked in the medical field that arranging to have a social worker is most probably very different no. Try asking the nurse at your GPs or at the hosp or your Occupational Therapist - or all of them he he. It would help you immensely if you had someone, even if it was 2 or 3 times a week for 2 hours or something like that.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and Jacky will you be pleased to be released from your bunny minding or have you gotten very attached to him/her ? he he

Hugs for all from a shattered Jen as I've had a hectic few days visiting my daughter and grandchildren and then a few of my gaming friends, including one from Finland Smile Create & Craft and QVC have kindly laid on craft days for until midnight on Tuesday to help with my enforced rest he he.
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Funny you saying that Jen, my Occupational Therapist last time she came round last week, handed me the number for Social Services and told them to give them a call x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Maybe it's time I did!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:29 pm

You've got nothing to lose Lou. My friend suffers from back trouble she has a carer come in 3 times a week to do odd jobs like hoovering getting the dinner ready and shopping bits so I don't see why you couldn't get some help.
Good luck with the call Very Happy

Hope the barbie goes ok Andrea.
Jan have a lovely lunch out with Mike and his parents.
Hope Sally arrives come safely and no delays at the airport for you Jacky.
Sounds like you need to chill a bit Jen, have fun watching C&C and QVC. I treated myself to the day off work on Tuesday to watch QVC, I know what a bunch of mad crafters we are Very Happy
Hope Dulcie has returned from her trip in good spirits Lexie.

I hope I haven't missed anyone out and have a lovely afternoon.
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:58 pm

How lovely for you Lou Very Happy I am so pleased that you have managed to get out for a while and now you have the help of a mobility scooter. What a nice suprise to have the ramp etc. done for you too. Very Happy

Jenny M wrote:
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and Jacky will you be pleased to be released from your bunny minding or have you gotten very attached to him/her ? he he

We bought them a holiday home (Hutch above a run) but the silly things wouldn't go down the ramp so yesterday Martin modified it so the run is in front of the hutch now. Just got it sorted and they are going home Laughing Laughing They are such nosey things we didnt think the ramp would be a problem but wouldn't try going up or down it. They go through tubes and into boxes etc. just being awkward I think Laughing Laughing They are both girls, Jessica and Chloe Very Happy We got the hutch as Sally's landlady has gone away for 2 years working so she has the house to herself so there is no-one to feed them if Sal goes off for a weekend etc. Thought it was easier for her to have to just bring the rabbits and not the hutch and run etc. as it would mean us going to get it in the van or going to her house twice a day to feed them. Besides they need letting out in the garden too Very Happy I think I will miss them now Laughing Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Brillient for you Lou , thats great.a Just want to say good luck with social services , they will fill you full of hope and then let you down thats what they have done for us for the last 10years !! So I WISH YOU WELL .
Dulcie LOVED ACTIVENTURE .She has come back cheerful and happy....well at the moment .We've just been slopping about today something we don't do very often.Hugs to all Lexie Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:57 pm

hi all lou you give them a ring and if that dosnt do any good go and see your doctor or get onto the hospital.

have done my bric a brac to day done ok, then came home just intime to see england win the ashes so we opened a bottle of champas to celebrate poor flintoff his last test match had a little lump in my throat when he was on the telly.

Hope all the other poorlies are feeling better and glad dulcie had a good time at camp.

well am off to bed with my champas

take care
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-07-04

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 am

Evening everyone. Well we're finally home so I can now get on here every day. I have the kids booked into an activity morning for the next 3 days so that will keep them occupied for a bit.

Speak to you all tomorrow. I'm off to catch up on everything I've missed Smile Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:29 pm

I am so glad for you Lou, family are wonderful, enjoy your scooter Razz
lady of kent
lady of kent