The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Sunny Saturday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Sunny Saturday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Sunny Saturday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Sunny Saturday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Sunny Saturday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Sunny Saturday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Sunny Saturday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sunny Saturday

+5
Karen R
CraftyPat
LoopyLou
Andrea
Craftworker
9 posters

Go down

Sunny Saturday Empty Sunny Saturday

Post  Craftworker Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:52 am

Good Morning all, just had brekkie, Martin in the shower now, so hopefully on schedule for an 8.30 start. Looking forward to seeing all the ladies from Kent, and Lexie Very Happy Have a good day whatever you are doing, hugs to the poorlies and hope Lou is now out for the weekend. Will let you know how we get on Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Sunny Saturday Empty Re: Sunny Saturday

Post  Andrea Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 am

Good morning Jacky and all who follow , enjoy your day out ladies hope you can grab some goodies. Gorgeous sunshine here again. Hugs to the poorlies. Posted my swap card yesterday too
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:32 am

Morning all,

Hope you are all OK and well, haven't a hope of fully catching up as just home a couple of days then back in next week.....

heres the latest for those that can be bothered to read it all.... I just copied and pasted from my blog as its a bit long winded LOL!!!!

Hi peeps,

No cards to show but for those that know me on a personal basis I thought I would let you know whats going on...... I am out of hossy for the weekend, gotta go back on Monday for another week, maybe another one after that but we'll see. Have had loads of physio and hydrotherapy, although not as much as last time. I think they were playing it safe with me till they got the MRI results......

Well I had the MRI on Wednesday morning.... as soon as it was over the scanner bloke said they had identified that SOMETHING had shown on the MRI and that they would compile their detailed report and get it to my Consultant. On Thursday morning I had my Consultant appt and he already had the results!!!

Good news turns out IT IS NOT THE ARTHRITIS STARING IN MY SPINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for that! I was sooo relieved I cannot tell you all!

BAD NEWS though too .... I have a BADLY (his words not mine!) slipped disc (not prolapsed or bulging but right out) and it is totally compressing the nerve running down the right leg which I why I have so much pain and have lost the feeling in the foot and part of the leg. Consultant has offered me another Epidural and also said that the Bed Rest prescribed by the A & E doctors was probably the worst thing to have done.... FFS!!!!!! I think I will keep the Epidural as a trump card in case anything else aggravates it and I need extra pain relief!

So now I have to hope like hell that I can get fit again, build up my core strength and that in time the disc will heal and move back off the nerve, if that doesn't happen within 6 - 9 months he said he will offer surgery.... if I want it (in two minds at the mo, scares the hell outta me) during this time I will just have to manage with a numb foot and a knackered knee (as I damaged and flared the arthritis in that when I fell)

So all in all, good news..... loads of work for me to do, but no-one else can do it for me, can they? So best get on with it.

Thanks to you all for your support and best wishes

Thanks to Jane (Poppytree) for the recent sends, will get some done and sent to you as soon as I am home xx Thanks hun x

Thanks to Jen for coming on and passing the message onto Jane and saying hello to all for me xx Hope you are OK hun x

Hope you have all kept out of mischief (fat chance I know)

I have gotta get on with the washing and online shopping now, so see ya later peeps xxxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:33 am

Oh I just realised why it soooooo scarily quiet, is there a SHOW on today?????? Laughing

Hope you all have a fab time x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Good Morning Ladies

Nice to see your post Lou, although it may not always be the best news it is always a relief to get an answer
to what is causing your problems isn't it! Lets hope that with all the therapy going on during the week the disc starts
working its way back into the correct spot.

Not having a great deal of fun at home at present, Andy was released from hospital on Tuesday morning but we ended
up back there Wednesday morning as he was wanting to go all the time but not exactly passing much, when they
scanned his bladder he had a litre of fluid backed up there, not good thing for a man with only 1 kidney, So much
to his disgust the Catheter is back in. Then during our question and answer time as they wanted to keep him overnight
we pointed out that he had not had a bowel movement for a week, no more need be said really. They have given him
suppositries he now is on a daily dose of laxative but he has been going for three days now and is not getting rid of anything significant and is shattered. i spend most of the time conversing through a toilet door. If it does not clear soon
it will be back to the hospital or the doctors as he can't go on like this.

It is my brothers 50th today so I am going out for a few hours to his BBQ, feel guilty leaving him but also need a break
from it too.

Hope everyone who is going to the Craft Barn demos etc., today has a fab time, sure wish I could have gone.

Take care, catch up with you all later.
Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Afternoon....

was wondering why it was so quiet!!! I forgot you are all out enjoying yourselves!!! Hope you all have fun.
Lovely and sunny here today, in fact all the windows are open and I am enjoying a bit of peace and quiet. Amy has gone into town with her friend for a couple of hours.
Might do a spot of ironing... should be dry by now. Have a good day
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Awww Pat, send my best wishes to Andy, hope you are OK, I know it's just as stressful for the other half. My hubby takes a hell of a lot of the strain.....

Have a nice time at the BBQ, you sound like you need a break hun x

Oh Karen...... Ironing...????? Step away from the IRON.... things can't be THAT bad hun Shocked
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Evening everyone. We've had a really busy and tiring day. First of all we took Michaela to the bus stop for orchestra then went into town parked the car and met up with Kayleighs class for a parade in town, it was the Miners gala at the old town coal mine. We stayed there for a couple of hours as there was so much to do then we went and got Michaela and went back so that she could have a look around too. We finally left at 4pm and Kayleigh is now resting a very sore and swollen ankle (at least she can rest all day tomorrow too)

Hope everyone had a lovely day today Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:22 pm

Nice to see you released for the weekend Lou, good news in one way to hear that its not arthritis and hopefully they can start on the right treatment to build your strength up Smile
Pat don't feel guilty about having a bit of time to yourself. I expect you'll worry whilst your at the barbie but I'm sure Andy will be ok for a couple of hours:)
You've had a very busy day Frances, hope Kayleigh's not in too much discomfort.

Had such a lovely day, the weather was great and the company was fantastic. Went with Jan and met up with Janet and Jacky, we all had a good shop, watched the demos and had a good old natter and a laugh.
Chatted to Lexie who's very lovely and had us all giggling, hope the class went well and tomorrow's is even better for you. You most be exhausted, I know I am and I only did the driving, the shopping just took it out of me Very Happy

Going to play with all my goodies tomorrow just going to veg out tonight Smile
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi lovely ladies , I will have a serious problem next saturday evening , WHAT DO I WATCH ????? STRICTLY OR XFACTOR ...omg how sad AM i , I know really sad ....LOU well lovely to have you back with us even if it is a short while , as you say hun its all up to you ! I wish you really well.The show was hectic , demos were great and i was lovely to put faces to the Crafty cow mob , what lovely ladies , I also spent more than I earned !!!!!! nothing new there ! I ve been fully cnverted to Copic markers , I know I was'nt going to go down that route but........ easy day
tomorrow nice projects in the afternoon , and demo in morning ,the Hyde Park for the concert of loads of people singing Abba songs .....TOLD YOU i AM ASADO .lovely to meet you girls , enjoy your goodies , I got the snowflake ans holly embossing folders ..... lexie Laughing
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Had a fantastic day, lovely to see Di, Jan and Janet again and great to meet Lexie Very Happy and not a husband in sight Laughing Laughing Spent far too much but you can't take it with you so they say Rolling Eyes Stopped off at the local chippy when we got home and had fish and chips so the day ended well Laughing Laughing Glad to see you out for the weekend Lou (you must have been a good girl Laughing ) and nice to see that its good news about your back. My brothers partner has just had 2 discs removed and says she feels soooo much better, she was only in hospital for a couple of days and now has to do a lot of walking - but there again she hasnt got arthritis to put up with at the same time Neutral Hope things improve quickly for you Very Happy Pat don't feel guilty about leaving Andy for a short while - you do need a break from the tension too. I know when Sally was in hospital I stayed with her constantly apart from taking myself off to the loo and having a good cry to myself, picked myself up and carried on. She only knew that recently Laughing Laughing You have to have a way of relieving the tension. Very Happy Hope he gets things sorted out quickly Very Happy
Glad you had a good day Frances - and I'm sure Kayleigh thought it was worth it to get out Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:24 am

Sounds as if you all had a lovely day ladies.. so pleased for you all.
Not listening about the Copics... la la lah, dont need them!!! (or do I, heard lots of good reports about them.... eeeekkkk.... more on my wish list as well now!)
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:28 am

Hate to tell you this Karen 'cos I know your not listening any way lol! lol! I was NOT going down that road BUT they are flippin brillient , surely its nearly Christmas , birthday , easter or mothers day !!! lol! I am the pround but guilty owner of each of the 4 sets ........... lol! lexie
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked 4 sets Lexie - you lucky thing Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:47 am

Not lucky , skint .....but Happy ! Very Happy lexie
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:19 pm

I brought some and brought some more Rolling Eyes bounce bounce going to give them a go today
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:17 pm

I love them Very Happy
Andrea