The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thursday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thursday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thursday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thursday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thursday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thursday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thursday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday

+8
cally
Andrea
lexiecraft
LoopyLou
Craftworker
muppet73
cubbie66
Karen R
12 posters

Go down

Thursday Empty Thursday

Post  Karen R Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:59 am

another early start for me. Woke at 3.00 and havent been able to get back to sleep. My throat is so sore and nothing seems to be helping. So I am taking this opportunity to catch up on stuff I have taped.
Got the children coming 'later' hopefully they will be picked up early.
Havent planned anything ... got a couple of new stamps yesterday, so might have a play with them.
Have a lovely day, I am off to the Drs at 9.30 so will phone hospital when I get back and let you know how Keith is.
Have a good day
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Thursday Empty Re: Thursday

Post  cubbie66 Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 am

Morning Karen and all who follow Smile
Just had that sore throat thing Karen and has lasted a few days, have sounded like Barry White through it Rolling Eyes
Hopefully Keith wont be in too much pain Smile
Work again today as I didnt go in Monday or Tuesday so doing today instead Shocked
Hope everyone has a great day Smile
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867
Registration date : 2008-07-05

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:12 am

Hi Karen, Jan and everyone else that follow.
Hope Keith had a good night and you manage to get your antibotics for your throat today Karen.
Lou how you doing? Hope you not in too much pain after your fall yesterday.

Take care and have a lovely day Smile
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:15 am

Good morning Karen, Jan, Di and all who follow Very Happy Hope the doctor sorts you out today Karen, and make sure you get plenty of rest, even if its sitting watching tv.
Hope you both have a good day at work today Jan & Di. My aim today is getting to the last level of Farm Town, then I wont have to play any more Laughing Laughing Trying to beat my brother in law Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Didnt get much done yesterday as I was determined to catch him up and overtake him as I started before he did Laughing Laughing and he is so pompous Twisted Evil

Hugs to those who need them, Lou hope your knee isnt suffering, and hope Keith isnt in too much pain Karen. Take care all Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 am

Good morning all,

Not too bad this morning...... as I slept from about 4pm yesterday afternoon, till 7pm when dinner was ready, then back to sleep till 6.30am this morning Shocked Think my body had just had enough yesterday..... but I had to get up for an early morning fasting blood test, so I had to be at the hossy for 8am this morning, thats done now and I must admit, although I am hurting, I am much more awake LOL

Jen... thanks for the lowdown on your niece, just read it this morning, and it gave me a bit of hope again. Sure hope thats the way things go for me..... keeping my fingers crossed! Glad your niece is doing so well, so nice to hear.

Juli, thanks for the email hun, really cheered me up this morning xxx

Thanks for all your support and concerns ladies, I will try and be less clumsy in future. Stupid thing is when I spoke to them at the hossy yesterday the lady said Sister Walsh is not allowed to inject into the hand, it had to be Consultant or the Chief Physio chappy called Will, but Will is on his jollies and Consultant didn't have any spare time, so I have to wait.

Hand is not so bad this morning, kept it in a glove and splint last night so knuckles have gone down a bit, but have started using my other stick in the other hand, same side as my gammy knee, just to give it a bit of a rest from the pressure. I looked a bit daft at the hossy this morning but never mind, better that than flat on my face again LOL!!!

Jan... sounds like you must be feeling a bit better if you are back to work, hope that it is totally gone now and that you are fit again!

Karen.... hope there is nowt wrong with the PC hun, I know sometimes POP UPS can warn of viruses even when your Virus scan thing is working fine, its just an advert to try and get you to get another cleaner. Check with Keith. Hope he isn't too bad when you speak to him, hugs for you both x Good luck at the doctors hun, xx

Jacky.... good luck on Farm Town, someone has made a bid on the dolls house now so at least I am hoping I will get my reserve price. It is a good size one x Best you keep an eye on it LOL

Di... if you are off to work hun, have a good day xxx

I have another difficult card to do, same lady who asked for the last one with all the photos on... this time she wants and African theme card with a sunset in the same layout as the other A4 one I did for her, so thats another £5'er coming my way LOL!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:41 am

Morning ladies , hope everyone is ok , glad your feeling better Jan , and Karen glad your off to drs , Lou you seem a bit more cheerful , its bright and sunny here but flippin cold , my hand is really throbbing today so on with spiker I've been wearing it more than not wearing it ......got to go as I 've a few jobs do to , Have a great day everyone .Karen hope Keith is doing ok . Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Morning... again!!!

Just got back from school and the doctors! Unfortunately Dr cant give me anything, she said it was viral, so in the meantime I have to be quiet and not swallow! In myself I dont feel too bad. The Dr has made a prescription out if by Monday I am still no better.
Phoned the hospital and all they said was that Keith was comfortable, wouldnt give me any details of how the op went. Obviously I cant go tonight to see him, but hope to go on Saturday - if I am still feeling 'ruff' will take Amy to the Ward and I will wait in the cafe.
Lou... sorry missed your post yesterday somehow... hope things go well for you big hugs for you Smile
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:13 pm

You sound a lot better today Lou Very Happy Glad you managed to have a good sleep, now Karen - take heed, REST and get rid of that virus Very Happy Infuriating when they just say comfortable isnt it Mad Hope Amy gets to see Keith tonight and can give you a more accurate position Very Happy Take care all Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:45 pm

What a dirty b***h Iam , last night something cught my eye in Dollies bedroom , a huge cobweb , right so I am out with the Vax , my goddness what a cowwebby house I 've been living in ......Pleased to say did'nt take long to get rid of 'em ..... and I hoovered all around , still can't tackle the ironng but once I've done this one hour and one hour only for ironing.Then I am going to play with my BRAND NEW I TOPPER ( brad maker !!!!) let you know how it goes..... Iam telling myself I 've got it for research purposses....... Laughing
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Good afternoon everyone sending very ((((big hugs to all you poorlies with sore throats)))) hope the hands are better Lou. A gentle hug for Keith hope he is okay and on the road to a better recovery. Ive got to stop playing on these games i cannot get anything done especialy cafetown Shocked . Just made about 100 Christmas cards just decoupage to add on and inserts put in Very Happy Going to play with my new stamps now i got yesterday from the crafty cow the ollyfant ones and new papers to go with them. Enjoy your day if you are off out . Right off to farmville Very Happy
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Lou , just had a cuckle to myself , guess who are comming to see me tomorrow DLA people , as DULCIE nearly 16 she can either have a representative for her finacial matters ( me ) or she can handle them herself .....yeah right, like I AM GOING TO ALLOW THAT , BEARING in mind she has No concept of money....so now I have to prove WHY , WHAT A WASTE OF EVERYONES TIME , and this bloke is getting paid to come and see me..... its a joke really it is .In fact its a insult Mad Evil or Very Mad Shocked affraid What is this country comming tooo.
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:19 pm

OMG How strange Lexie! After what we were just gabbing about too! LOL...... what a joke..... blooming DLA should try living like us for one week....... then they'd have far more understanding!

Hope it goes OK hun x

Karen... must be so frustrating to only know 'he's comfortable' I would be going spare!

Andrea... well done on the cards hun. Not a bad morning !!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Guess what.... Keith has just phoned ;D they have got him up and out of bed ;D he sounded pretty good. He has an epidural in - when he told me that the other day, thought we were going to have another addition to the family! But all in all, he is comfortable.... didnt sleep too good, but seems to be keeping topside of the pain and they are pleased at how things are progressing. He was in the HDU but they are moving him back to the ward later today. Keith reckons he could be home middle of next week... would be nice, but dont want to build my hopes up.
His mother is going to see him tomorrow... sure he will enjoy that!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Great news aren, hope his recovery continues in the same vein..... poor
bloke tho having his mum visit LOL
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:18 pm

hi all funny you should say that about the dla. i used to get industrial injuries for my rsi, and when i went for my medical in june they stopped it, so i appealed about it, well i have had a letter today, saying they still stand by there decision, so now i have to wait for my appeal to go to tribunal, what makes me laugh is that the job that caused it i am still doing, i was 15% disabled now they say i am only 8% dont know how that works, i also get low rate dla care allowances becasue i cant open bottles or tins, and make myself a meal if derek isnt here, so i am ready for a fight.

Lou hope your feeling a bit better, and lexie as well

Karen good news about keith.

and hugs to all the other poorlies.

back later and going to a garden centre that is opening there xmas department today, and there is free food between 5.30 and 7.30 not much but hubby is coming as well without any arguments.

take care
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmicfairy Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Afternoon all just a flying visit at the min, got loads to do.#
Lou glad the email cheered you up hun and take care hope you get somepain releif soon.
Lexie, cob webs affraid affraid They are good for the home they keep the flies away Wink Very Happy so wouldn't worry lol.
Karen Hope the doctor has given you something and did you get the throat lozenges i mentioned?? Glad that Keith spoke to you bless him sending him a speedy pain free recovery and one fotr you to take care.
Hope you all have a good day what ever you are doing and all poorlies get well soon big hugs to all that want and meed them.
Got to go and try and phone my son he is in disney land florida, he went with his Half brothers and family. They flew out on sunday have spoken to him once and texted quite a lot, missing him loads. But know he will be having the time of his life, 2 weeks all the parks swimming with dolphins, first class and a top hotel. Offered to go and carry the cases but they said no lol. so going to off to phone bye for now.xxxxxxxxxx
cosmicfairy
cosmicfairy
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:27 pm

I have had many a frustrating time with DLA should be fun tomorrow , just ashame Dollie is at school .....tthen they'd have a good time Ha ha !! LOVE the i top think I 'll be having some fun with that.Karen brill that Keith is doing well , but I know you want him home etc but don't take on too much Very Happy Did the ironing only took 40 min! Laughing
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Evening ladies just a quick visit, thinking of you all. and sending warm hugs out have a great evening lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Karen R wrote:Guess what.... Keith has just phoned ;D they have got him up and out of bed ;D he sounded pretty good. He has an epidural in - when he told me that the other day, thought we were going to have another addition to the family! But all in all, he is comfortable.... didnt sleep too good, but seems to be keeping topside of the pain and they are pleased at how things are progressing. He was in the HDU but they are moving him back to the ward later today. Keith reckons he could be home middle of next week... would be nice, but dont want to build my hopes up.
His mother is going to see him tomorrow... sure he will enjoy that!

That really is good news Karen and so pleased for you both lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Good evening ladies

Karen, really glad to hear that Keith is through his op okay, be prepared that he may have an off day when they
take out the epidural and put him on to mainstream tablets and keep an eye on whether he is having bowel movements
especially if they give him tramodol. Any sign, highlight it to the nurses and make them deal with it immediately as I wouldn't want him to suffer like Andy did.

Lou glad to hear you are having a better day and not throwing yourself around again.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Great news Karen, hope you are getting plenty of rest now though Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:14 am

Great news Karen - So glad its over and hopefully things will calm down a bit for you too.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:45 am

Great news Karen Very Happy
Andrea