The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on

3 posters

Go down

Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on Empty Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on

Post  Craftworker Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:57 pm

An email I received :-

In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday.. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older.
And, there on television, she said it was 'exciting...'
Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day.....like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist, first.

The audience laughed so hard they cried. She is such a simple and honest woman, with so much wisdom in her words!

Maya Angelou said this:
'I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.'

'I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.'

'I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.'

'I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life.'

'I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.'

'I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back....'

'I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.'

'I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one..'

'I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.'

'I've learned that I still have a lot to learn..'

'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on Empty Re: Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on

Post  lady of kent Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Thats lovely Jacky Smile

Last edited by lady of kent on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on Empty Re: Not a joke but thought it nice to pass on

Post  poppytree Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 am

Great sentiments

How's this for an 'old gal'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21fNWz0mYl0&feature=related
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down