The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Sunny Monday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Sunny Monday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Sunny Monday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Sunny Monday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Sunny Monday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Sunny Monday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Sunny Monday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sunny Monday

4 posters

Go down

Sunny Monday Empty Sunny Monday

Post  Marion Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 am

Good morning ladies.

I am off to the charity shop this morning, our manager has been in France for the last ten days so am wondering what she has in store for me today:)

Its now 7.30am, the sun is shining and it looks like the start of a lovely day.

Do hope you are having the same weather as me Smile

Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Sunny Monday Empty Re: Sunny Monday

Post  Karen R Mon May 09, 2011 10:37 am

Morning Marion!

I am !!! (having good weather that is!)
Lovely and sunny.
Got the grass to cut sometime today, but its Craft Day on QVC and its a case of fitting it in as and when I can!
Also got to look for an old pair of glasses for Mum... she has lost hers, so hopefully an old pair will do until the Home find them.
Have a good day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon May 09, 2011 11:00 am

Good morning Marion, Karen and all who follow Very Happy I am too Very Happy sunny

Just watched a bit of QVC but think I will stick to my Promarkers for colouring in Very Happy Got a card to make today so will have to get on with it. Otherwise no plans today. Martin has just gone to take the Bongo for it's service and MOT and he says he will come back on the bus - so I may get a phone call that there is no buses from there to here Laughing Laughing Hope you find the glasses Karen. Have a good day at the shop Marion.

Hugs to those who need one today Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon May 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Morning all,

Well been to hossy and have found out the following.....

I have 3 bulging (prolapsed) discs... also all 3 are suffering bone degeneration as is the left hip (only know that cos it was mri'd with the back as I had complained it was very painful to my rheumatologist)

This doc says the latest mri shows that no improvement has been made in the last two years and indeed when he showed me the mri from 2 years ago (pre surgery) and the recent one and the scans confirmed you couldn't see any difference! Not that I doubted at all cos I knew there was no improvement!!

The three discs are all together and lowest one is the one that has trapped the nerve and the disc up from that is very close to the nerve too. Doc says he would never have advised surgery in the first place as it often does more damage in the long run! Which it has in this instance he says.

He says the only surgery I should consider in the future should be as a result of my arthur (eg hip and knee replacements) but that I should live with the back problem as its pretty certain to be staying like it! I told him I appreciated his honesty and he said he appreciated the fact that I wasn't sitting there all depressed saying 'Why Me?' as some of his patients do!!!

So that's it.... no more back surgery for me... at least I don't have to feel guilty now for not 'giving it another go' as I must admit I did wonder if I was being selfish to Ady and the girls by not wanting to go thru all that again. Rolling Eyes

Anyway......... on to business.....

Marion I hope you have a nice day at the shop hun, glad the sun is shining for you. Its lovely here too x

Karen enjoy the QVC hun, gonna get itchy fingers are we? Keith better watch his credit card me thinks!! Hope you find mom some specs!

Jacky hope you get your card made hun x I must make a few.... supplies are getting low and June/July are busy months for me even tho May is quiet!!

Hope you are all languishing in the sunshine wherever you are..... hugs to anyone who's poorly.

Has Lexie been on since she arrived back in the UK....?

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 pm

LoopyLou wrote:
Hope you are all languishing

oooh..... love that word! Have you been eating the dictionary Lou?!

Found an old pair of glasses, had to search for them!!

Pleased that you dont have to go through anymore surgery Lou... still not nice for you though.
Keith has 2 vertebrae in his neck that are not good, still waiting to find out what they are going to do about them.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon May 09, 2011 3:13 pm

No Karen, I is well educated thank you very muchly!!! Glad you found mom's specs!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Evening all.

Karen did you get the grass cut? its been a lovely day for doing it.

Jacky, what was on QVC that was similar to Promarkers? I can't see myself using anything else either as I think they are great for colouring. Did Bongo get through its MOT? Did you get the card made?

Lou glad they have been honest with you, at least now you know. I think if I had had an operation for something and it hadn't worked I would be very dubious of having it again.

hmm, I like the word languishing as well, does sound rather poshe dosn't it Smile
Not too busy at the shop this morning, and I am in again in the morning, as someone has left and we are a bit short handed at the moment, but shall be back to my usual three mornings next week.
I was going to do so many things when I got home today, then I looked at the lounge and thought no, its looks fine! Bedrooms are all clean, and so is the kitchen now. I could have made a card but couldn't seem to settle to do it. My parcel from Stampin Up came today, all I have to do now is find the list that my four friends made their orders on and I shall be fine!

Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Marion... unfortunately the grass didnt get cut!
I think what threw me ... was that word Lou came out with, she does sound posh, wonder if she went to the Royal Wedding!!
Took the old glasses down to Mum, still no sign of her latest ones though.
We have had a thunderstorm here this afternoon, but the sun is shining now.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Mon May 09, 2011 11:03 pm

lol Karen, did I ever tell you about the private school I used to go to ? only went for a year though from when I was four till I was five, don't know if it did me any good though or not Smile
Thats the trouble, things do go missing in Homes. John had his razor taken a few years ago when he was in hospital. It was a man who didn't know what he was doing, and he used to go round when everyone was asleep and just move things around! He did get his razor back though, it was in another ward!
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue May 10, 2011 1:46 am

QVC TSV was Marvy alcohol pens Marion. Soft brushes, more like the copics but I love my Promarkers too. The Bongo did pass it's test with nothing needing doing and Martin also got the lawn cut again. We did have a shower though this morning so thought he might not be able to do it but the sun came out and dried it all up again. Lou, glad they have decided you shouldn't have any more ops, particularly after your last one didn't give you any improvement, but you shouldn't feel guilty anyway, it's not your fault and you do so much with your girls too. I am absolutely sure you give them more time than a lot of people who are more able bodied than you. Big hugs coming your way Very Happy Glad you found the glasses Karen, did you find time to watch QVC.

Oh and I did get the card done and posted, just hope it reaches her in time Neutral
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue May 10, 2011 1:51 am

LoopyLou wrote:
Has Lexie been on since she arrived back in the UK....?

March 13th was the last time Lexie was on here, probably still busy catching up with everything after such a long holiday Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed May 11, 2011 12:28 pm

May send her a text xx Will let u know if i hear anything xxx
LoopyLou