The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wednesday again EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wednesday again EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wednesday again EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wednesday again EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wednesday again EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wednesday again EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday again EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wednesday again EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday again

+3
Craftworker
craftymumof3
poppytree
7 posters

Go down

Wednesday again Empty Wednesday again

Post  poppytree Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:57 am

Up at 4.00ish as i couldn't sleep. Did some crafting till about 7.00 then showered and dressed. Friday's viewer is coming back at 10.30 but we're her 2nd choice some I'm not too hopeful. Hate this waiting.... we just want to pack up and go now.

Looks like it may rain later but I'm off to work later so will be stuck indoors for the rest of the day.

Hope its a brighter and better day where you are!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wednesday again Empty Re: Wednesday again

Post  craftymumof3 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 am

Morning Jane and all who follow. The sun is out but there are dark clouds in the distance so it looks like rain is on the way. I went to see Josh and Kayleigh in their school concert last night. The the first half was all children who play musical instruments then the second half was the choir who sang all the songs from Oliver. They were all fantastic Smile

I hope the viewer decides to buy your house so that you can pack up and go Jane Smile

I've got a couple of cards to make this morning then I'm in school for the knitting club this afternoon Smile

(((HUGS))) to anyone who needs them

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Good morning Jane, Frances and all who follow - just a flying visit as we are off to Stourport via Cheltenham to see Mum. Good luck with the house Jane will keep my fingers crossed for you. Frances, glad you enjoyed the concert, I loved it when the children were doing things at school for us to watch. I used to go in and help out with reading and maths when mine were at school.

Enjoy your day - black looking here now too - hopefully it will have gone through up at Stourport Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Morning all,

Well its very blustery here and has been raining off and on...so looks set for the day.

My pre-op went fine, they didnt even check my urine or take blood which I thought was odd but hey ho. I then took a sample over to my usual GPs in the afternoon and they said there is nothing other than blood showing up so they have sent it off for further analysis. Gotta phone for results after 2pm today to see if I need more treatment. Still have some of the symptoms but the blood loss is not as bad now but still more than they'd like. Noe is what I'd LIKE!!!

Ady was off yesterday and also seeing as he has 5 days off after I have my proceedure he said did I want him to do any decorating? so I said I'd like our little entrance hall repainted as it was dark and horrid...navy blue walls....it worked well when we had our blue wooden door and looked nice at first but when that door split and water got in it ruined the decor job and has looked dreadful ever since. Well since having the new upvc front door and window in I have been wanting to get it done...so now we have rubbed it all down including all woodworl and have got first 2 coats on (looks like gonna need 3 cos of dark paint previously now being covered with light) of a light cappuccino (sp?) emulsion. We have a nice golden brown really good quality carpet to go down which was a piece left over from when my mum and dad carpeted their lounge 6 months ago and we have bought a gorgeous canvas pic of a beach scene but in a sepia sort of tone which has both the wall colours and the carpet colours in it!! Gonna look fab! Then during his 5 days off he is going to repaint the kitchen and hopefully lay new lino for the floor...

We had a disturbed night too.... we had a telephone call at 2am from his brother saying that his mum Daphne had woken up feeling dreadfully hot and wasn't able to move her legs...now I would have phoned 999 I must admit but cos I didnt answer the phone Ady told his Bro to call NHS Direct who got a doc out rapid...they thought she had a stroke and thats why they got the doc out quick...but I woulda thought if they thought that they shoulda said dial 999.... anyhow... not a stroke but weirdly the doc had just come from seeing to a 17yr old girl with the exact same symptoms as Daphne. The doc gave my MIL an injection and she has some tablets for a week but he didnt really explain to my MIL or BIL exactly what he thought it was...so maybe a virus of some sort. I have been phoning her every hour today to keep a close check on her as Gary and Ady are at work.

Gotta phone Sister Walsh today too as my leg cramps at night are back with a vengeance...really thought that in January they had cracked the problem after prescribing me quinine but just this last month they have been so bad I am having sleep troubles again which make me cranky!! So am gonna ask sister walsh what to do!

Am well chuffed as I have just founf out that Emily is gonna have the same teacher in Yr 5 as Georgia had in Yr 6 and he is absolutely brilliant! Mr Toy is my fave teacher at the school and the kids call him the Mad Professor!

Sorry you had a disturbed night too Jane, glad you got some crafting done tho. Saw on facebook that the viewer cancelled and am so sorry, I know how much you just wanna get over to the sunshine and your family out there x Big hugs x

Frances that was a fantastic amount raised. Great effort, I must admit I still go to all the school do's...love it! Miss it up at the secondary school with Georgia but at least I still have another few years of Emily at juniors!

Jacky hope you have a good visit with your mum and hope the weather is kind for the road trip xx

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Afternoon all just a quickie asa Iam off to hair dressers ..... flippin pouring down totally fed up ! speak later x
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Chucking it down here too Lexie! A crafting afternoon I think! Did manage a bit of pruning in the garden first thing though. It's a very mature garden so all the shrubs and trees are quite big and the pruning takes me all summer if I manage to do it all. Some got left last year as I cut through the hedge trimmer lead affraid
Glad your preop went Ok Lou - when are you due to go in?

Hope you have a good break Jacky and that the weather improves for you.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Morning (for me!)

Thank you all for the lovely birthday messages yesterday. I had a lovely day... we went into Epcot, and its very true what the letters stand for...Every Person Comes Out Tired !!!
It was so hot, and actually not as busy as we thought it would be. It was very tiring walking around in the heat (sorry to go on about the weather!) We had hoped to eat at the Garden Grill,, but it was fully booked, so we decided to go Chinese.
Whilst we was in Epcot we visited England, Norway, Mexico, oh and also called at Mars!! (as you do!!) I have decided even though we carried out our space mission successfully, I wont be an astronaut any time soon! We went on a simulator that took us to Mars. First of all we went on the 'less intense' ride, then decided to go on the intense... and there was a big difference! Pitch black, spinning, flashing lights, nausea... pleased when that ride ended!
Next week is Amy's birthday and we are going into the Magic Kingdom for her day, have booked a meal in the Crystal Palace for her special day.
Off now for a shower, and then relax for the rest of the day - got my book, Farmville and a pool to dip into when it gets a little too hot!
Enjoy your day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Epcot is great as you say very tiring ! Glad Karen is having a great time and enjoyed her birthday.Wish something would grow in our front garden I've been battling for 5 years and Micky has been battling for about 30 years !onlt thing that grows in abuntance is a awful plant that looks like a weed but is'nt ! I have planted a couple things but they are exstreamly slow growing but at least they are alive ! Hope Jacky has a safe trip and a good one !
We're not going away this weekend Micky it'nt right at all and must be feeling rough as he is'nt moaning ! Laughing he looks rough and feels rough and is going back to the drs tomorrow !Carol is also not well after her chemo each treatment is taking her longer to recover from poor thing so we shall rescheduel later in the summer !Dulcie won't be happy but I did warn hern this might happan this morning ....
Differant girl did my hair and she is only newly qualified and £20 cheaper than my usual girl and I really like it , so we know who I'll be going to next time ! Still like a wet windy October day here .... seriously fed up with it ! Take care everyone and hugs to all !
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Craftworker wrote:Good morning Jane, Frances and all who follow - just a flying visit as we are off to Stourport via Cheltenham to see Mum. Good luck with the house Jane will keep my fingers crossed for you. Frances, glad you enjoyed the concert, I loved it when the children were doing things at school for us to watch. I used to go in and help out with reading and maths when mine were at school.

Enjoy your day - black looking here now too - hopefully it will have gone through up at Stourport Very Happy

Yuk day for me - person didn't turn up to view and didn't let us know till after i had rearranged work etc.....(put an offer on their 1st choice and we were their 2nd!)

P*****g with rain most of the day. The roses I bought yesterday flopped and I took them back for a refund - got soaked in a down our. Brightening up now but I'm p****d off instead!

Sandwiches for tea - can't be bothered to cook. At least i have 2 nice samples for next weeks class (they're in my gallery) https://thecraftycow.darkbb.com/t1352-poppytree-s-picture-gallery
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:34 am

Your sounding a tad fed up Jane , it will sell very soon ..... sending hugs .... Iam also fed up with this weather .... sunny please and soon !
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:39 am

Always like this after a bad night! awake at 4.00, dozed off on the sofa a couple of times and now can't sleep. Hate this rain but perked up for a while when the sun came out this evening.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:52 am

Evening!

Jane... sorry to hear things are going to plan at the moment, hopefully wont be too long before things start going your way.
I have just got up from half an hours snooze! Not sure whether the aircon isnt working at night or what, but I wake up at 2.00 and take ages to get back to sleep. I left Amy watching tv and asked her to wake me after 30 minutes... she did... to the minute! But I feel better for it. Keith is still in bed, he will have a couple of hours! We have had a look at the aircon display and fiddled with it, so hopefully tonight we will all have a better night! Amy on the other hand sleeps like a baby... even has the 'quilt' up around her Shocked

Just about to put some chicken on for tea, with sweetcorn - bought a Red Velvet cake yesterday for my birthday, but was too full to cut into it... so going to have a large piece later on.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down