The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday

4 posters

Go down

Wednesday Empty Wednesday

Post  Marion Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:36 am

Morning Girls.
I have just looked outside and it looks like a winters day, so it looks as if I shall have to get my trousers and jumpers out of the mothballs! I am working in the charity shop this morning and don't want getting frost bite. Talk about looking as if winter has come.
Its my grandsons birthday today he is 4, and to think he starts school in a couple of weeks!! Its a good job we make the most of them when they are young.
Hope you all have a good day
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Empty Re: Wednesday

Post  Craftworker Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 am

Good morning Marion and all who follow Very Happy I was so cold and aching yesterday Marion so I changed my thin cardigan to a thick polo neck jumper. I put the fire on last night too, just for a couple of minutes. It doesn't help that I have to keep the back door open for Molly as she isn't asking to go out - and even when it's open she doesn't always realise that it is Crying or Very sad Children do grow up so quickly, I feel sorry for the working mums as they miss out on so much and you can't get it back. I was fortunate that I didn't need to work - we were in Woomera when Ian was born and living was great out there and I never got back to work until Sally was in full time school, and then it was working at pre-school so was always there to take and fetch them from school. Enjoy your day at the shop, Martin has gone to help a friend with some work so I have the day to myself.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:23 pm

Central heating kicked in this morning and I regret going to work in a tea shirt and flipflops! Off to find my fleecy trackies and a warm top!

Hope everyone is fairing better today - hugs to the poorlies. May try a bit of crafting this afternoon as not much else to do at the moment. saving my energy for the next few weeks when the pace hots up.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Hello everyone , hope your all ok aprt from being cold .Iam ok its not too bad ewe have noticed a differance since having the cavity walls done .went to my GP this morning , we have known each other for years and he was pretty upset about my diagnosis but gave me a few do's and don'ts and somehow feel happier now I 've spoken to him .Thank goodness miick is workinf this afternoon and tomorrow so thats good .Iam going to my Aunties for a couple of days , just to get away from it all , as iam a bit hacked off with Mick and his family ....
speak soon , take care x
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Afternoon girls.

Jacky, yes working mum do miss such a lot. My eldest daughter was in the RAF, but they so wanted a baby so they went ahead, and I got my grandson Jeke who is now 9. But he had to go into nursery every day. I used to pick him up in the afernoon so that John and I could spend time with him, and if he ever did something new I never used to tell my daughter. I didn't want her to think we had been the first one to see him do it. Then just before she left the RAF when she was 40 she decided she wanted another baby as she had missed out a lot with her first one. The outcome of this was my grandaughter Hannah who is now 3. But then a year ago she said she couldn't stand being a stay at home Mum, so she now works part time, still for the RAF but a a civilian. And yes, Hannah goes to nursery. But I think my daughter was just so used to working, after spending 25 years in the RAF, she just couldn't stand being at home all day.
Now my youngest daughter, she had Matthew, who is 4 today actually, and she said no way would she go to work! and she hasn't, but she is fortunate in having a husband in such a good job she doesn't have to. Mind you, I think once he is settled in at school she might think differently, if only to give her something to do.

Jane, what do you mean about saving your energy before the pace hots up?

Lexi, good to hear your got to talk to your own doctor. We used to be like that at our surgery but these days its a case of you have who you get! Make the most of your few days away. We had cavity wall put in two years ago and have really noticed the difference.

I was rushed off my feet at the charity shop this morning.
Honest, it was like the first day of the sale at Harrods !!!!
All our clothes were going for £1 each! We are trying to get rid of the summer stuff. I was puffed out!! honest, you have never seen anything like it!
So I went out to lunch by myself, and am now back home and hoping I can catch 40 winks Smile

Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 am

Glad you got to see your Dr. Lexie. I am seeing the Dr tomorrow but when I phoned for an appointment I was told my Dr. was on maternity leave Shocked I didn't even know she was pregnant and its not that long ago I saw her.

Your customers got some bargains there Marion, no wonder you were rushed off your feet.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 am

No wonder you were busy Marion hahaha Hope you sleep well tonight .... scan for me tomorrow ... then the long wait until 9th sept for results and plan etc then from Worthing going to see aunties in Gosport , speak soon
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down