The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday

3 posters

Go down

Wednesday Empty Wednesday

Post  Karen R Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Morning...

Cold and frosty morning...

Didnt sleep at all well, sciatica playing up, which normally I dont have a problem at night. Took a couple of painkillers, put the heat pad on and dropped off to sleep.
Today... no idea what I am doing! Hoping to go and see Mum later.

Sue.... I made some mincemeat the other day from the recipe you put on here... oh.... does it smell good! Shop bought mincemeat??? pah!!! no comparison!

Enjoy your day, take care xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Empty Re: Wednesday

Post  LoopyLou Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Good morning ladies.

Have just had a phone call from Ady at the hospital..... pretty upset he is..... they have told him that they found nothing on the scan, his heart has checked out ok so they are discharging him today.. They say their only other option is to do exploratory surgery with a camera to see if there are any ulcers present anywhere. So we are no closer to the answer.... why get him all worked up over surgery...? His pain levels are still dreadful and now they are letting him come home. It just doesn't make sense. Ady says he now feels they are looking at him like he put it all on.... but we know different.

Don't know what to do.... I just wanna go over there and shout at them. I know I should be relieved that they can't find anything but I worry in case they have missed something.....and why is he still in so much pain and how do they think we can cope with that at home with me the way I am? Am scared.... Sad
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Have just upset Ady by phoning the ward to find out EXACTLY what is going on..... spoke to the Sister in charge of his care.

She says there is definately something going on and although they plan to discharge him because of a BED CRISIS (surprise surprise) he is to rest and will be given pain relief to see if it settles. She said it could be that he has an ulcer but they cannot fit in exploratory surgery on an emergency basis so he is to come home, see if it settles, if it doesn't he has to see his GP and be referred for an OGD which is a camera down into his stomach to see if there is an ulcer/ulcers. She said otherwise it could be just something like a gastritis that is causing the chest pain. His heart is absolutely fine, she assures me of that and there is no inflammation on the gall bladder at all. He had a PROP test to see if a Heart Attack was indicated and that was clear.

Anyway I feel a bit better now all has been explained...and I have phoned Ady and he told me off for phoning so I told him TOUGH TITS.....

He wont be discharged till later this afternoon though so need to get a few things sorted soon x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Well are ya ready for the latest installment?

Got a text from Ady a while back saying that there had been A DEVELOPMENT....

seems after my call to the Ward Sister she went back to the Consultants and asked them to review Ady's ECG from 2 days ago..... just as well she did, cos upon closer inspection they have found what they think is the problem.

Apparently at times Ady's heart is not getting enough oxygen.....and is therefore going into spasm and causing the gripping chest pain he has been experiencing for 3 days They are still going to discharge him and are giving him one of those Angina sprays and some pain relief. If it does not improve with rest and medication then he has to return to GP and they will refer him for exploratory camera surgery down into the heart to see what can be done surgically to make it better. He is freaked out that his heart has been involved all along but also relieved they have at last found something.

So..... there ya go...... he has just phoned and said they are sending him down to the Goodwood Lounge with his stuff as they urgently need his bed. The pharmacist and the doc are gonna meet him down there to give him medical advice and properly discharge him!

My sis is on standby to go get him with me! He is not a happy bunny....he had cauliflower soup for lunch and he said it was rank! lol!

OMG My head hurts xxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Oh Lou... its one thing after another for you. I suppose its a good thing they have found out what is wrong, but still a worry for you.
Take care and sorry to hear about the cauliflower soup No
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Lou... you have had me in fits of laughter - just had a look at your blog! The cake is beautiful btw. But it was your comments that made me laugh... smurfette and 'doings' I was horrified when that happened here the first time I used Fondant icing! I was all set to go to the Drs.... where was you all those years ago!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Spent most of the day preparing the stable ready for Sally's horse after Christmas. All washed down and the rubber matting in place, rug rack fixed to the wall and the chain in place across the doorway. Then we went back to Sallys house for lunch and have just got home and she has gone riding - shame it's started to rain as its not been too bad all day. The sun was out but a cold wind blowing. I have text Lou but sending hugs too Smile I made some cauliflower soup when I first had my soup maker - served half and put half in the freezer. Threw it away yesterday, you're right it was rank too.

Hope Ady is soon pain free Lou.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:17 pm

lol! just read Lou's blog. Similar thing happened on Ian's 18th. I made him a Heiniken can cake with green icing. Then he went out drinking - when I heard him first thing in the morning being sick I was quite frightened when I saw the colour at first. Thought it was something he had drunk the night before as I forgot about the cake Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Been to see Mum this afternoon... she was good. Then the Activities organiser came round with cards that Mum had made for us... I was in tears after reading them - they are lovely, and certainly made my christmas. Little things like that mean the world to me.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh how lovely Karen - bet it's one you will treasure.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down