The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
I'm home EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
I'm home EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
I'm home EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
I'm home EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
I'm home EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
I'm home EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
I'm home EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
I'm home EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
I'm home EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I'm home

4 posters

Go down

I'm home Empty I'm home

Post  poppytree Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:13 pm

It was nice to go away but lovely to be back home again. Had a great time in Cornwall and although the weather was not brilliant, the rain kept away and we had sunny spells most afternoons (as you can see in the pictures) All the rain that fell happened overnight luckily. There were times when I was quite glad it was a bit cooler, especially walking/climbing some of those coastal paths! It was probably the best week weatherwise in that part of the world for the whole of August.

Haven't got on the scales yet but the only naughty things I had were - 1 large freshly baked Cornish pasty, a cream tea and a couple of Cornish ice creams so hopefully not too much damage done - that's what holidays are for aren't they? - A few treats. Walked miles most days and saw so many wonderful sights. Do check out my photobucket under 'Cornwall 2008' if you want to see the pictures (about 60 in all!)

Saw a lot of Cornwall in such a short time - from moors to fishing villages, cliff tops to wooded valleys with a few stately homes and gardens thrown in as well. Our main aim was to see the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan both of which we thoroughly enjoyed. Mixtow was a tiny hamlet of 5 houses and a couple of farms and we stayed at Mixtow Pill -down a very narrow track with just 2 other houses on the water's edge. Being a llittle off the beaten track we found the quickest route out was generally by the Bodinnick Ferry to Fowey just over a mile away. Daphe du Maurier's house is situated right next to the slipway and many of her books were inspired by that part of the world.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I'm home Empty Re: I'm home

Post  Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:17 pm

Wb Jane, the photos look loverly although I havent looked at them all,
If you cant treat yourself when your on holiday when can you, and
I'm sure the walking burnt what you ate.
I would love to go see the Eden Project myself, oneday Rolling Eyes

Jayne flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:00 am

Lovely photos
They sure brought back some precious memories, thankyou for sharing Very Happy
Alan and I stayed in Fowey for our Anniversary last year
The flat we rented was right on the water front and we used to have our breakfast on the balcony which overhung the water and watch the ferry go back and forward
The Eden project is WOW! Jayne........well worth a visit and the Lost Gardens of Heligan must not be missed either!
Scotty
Scotty
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/Scotty_57/Cards/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:57 am

Welcome back Jane, your photos are lovely Smile Cornwall is a beautiful part of the country and so restful, I've always loved it each time I've been there, though I am ashamed to say that I haven't been down there now for 14 years Sad I might have to rectify that soon as I love Cornwall in the winter time too, it has fewer people but everything else is still there hehe:)
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:29 pm

lovely photos Jane. You obviously had brighter weather than we did last week but we weren't complaining as we didn't have any rain or wind like we usually do when we go off in the van. We went to a site in Southbourne, Nr. Chichester. Lovely site, clean and small. Pub next door which did lovely food, farm shop across the road, and a co-op a couple of doors down from that. The bus stop was right outside so had a trip to Chichester and another to Selsey - free bus passes make it so much better Laughing Took some crafting things with me but had no free time as the weather was good Smile
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down