The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
What a grey day EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
What a grey day EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
What a grey day EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
What a grey day EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
What a grey day EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
What a grey day EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
What a grey day EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
What a grey day EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
What a grey day EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What a grey day

+3
lady of kent
Karen R
poppytree
7 posters

Go down

What a grey day Empty What a grey day

Post  poppytree Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:52 am

Woken up early by the bin men just after 6.30 so decided to get up and get the chores out of the way before having a real crafting day and yet another tidy up in the craft room -I don't know how it gets so messy so quickly. I just get carried away with enthusiasm and can't seem to put things away before I start onthe next project.

Yesterday I made some necklaces from a kit and yarns I bought at Sandown on Saturday (these are the product I might be demonstrating at future craft shows). May have to escape later to avoid the noise next door while they dig out the foundations.

Hope everyone is fighting fit and over all the coughs, colds etc. Have a great day today. Talk to you later.
What a grey day Uniquenecklaces for larger version click 'bead' section in my photbucket
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What a grey day Empty Re: What a grey day

Post  Karen R Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:22 am

Morning... wont say Good as its awful here! Typical autumnal day Sad
But on saying that hubby is going to a Garden Centre today, which just happens to have a Craft Central just right next door to the GC!!! Have told him to take his mobile phone, some £'s and ring me if they have any bargains - he said he would get me a cake from this GC they have a lovely little cafe that does cake out of this world.... I can live without cake Laughing
No children for me until later on today... so hopefully the weather will have picked up by the time I have to go to school.
Amy made a lovely Chicken Tikka Masala yesterday - said she can make another one soon - I like these days when I dont have to cook!
Well better go and see what has to be done, have a lovely day

Jane... lovely necklaces... off now to have a look in your 'Bead section!!

Karen
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:49 am

Morning Jane, Karen, and the ladies that follow, have a good day Karen, Jane where are the shows you go to, I love the necklaces. The weather here is very grey, and it is a wee bit chilly here. We went out with a group of friends last night to an Indian, I have never had one before, I am not that fond of strong tasting food, but it was great. I do hope you all have a really good day. lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Morning ladies - not too bad a day here, looks like it's trying to brighten up a little. Didnt do lot yesterday apart from cutting out decoupage Laughing Recovering from walk, Sandown and Barn Dance Laughing Laughing Although I did play 1 game of badminton last night as they were 1 short at the beginning. Lucky for me someone else turned up Laughing Lovely necklaces Jane - you have been busy. Enjoy your days. I have nothing planned at the moment but a lot of cards to do for October so will have a go at beginning those Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Good mornin Ladies
I feel much the same as yesterday Crying or Very sad gonna
just potter about today, i just feel so tired Sleep
the doctor gave me 2 lots of antibiotics What a Face
Zepholin, Amoxycillin then I have Alupent which
helps open the airways and my usual inhaler Rolling Eyes
Hope you all have a great day

Jayne flower

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 pm

lady of kent wrote:Morning Jane, Karen, and the ladies that follow, have a good day Karen, Jane where are the shows you go to, I love the necklaces. The weather here is very grey, and it is a wee bit chilly here. We went out with a group of friends last night to an Indian, I have never had one before, I am not that fond of strong tasting food, but it was great. I do hope you all have a really good day. lol!

Nothing definate yet but could be Ally Pally (stitchcraft not the stamping one) Olympia, Birmingham, Telford, Sandown, Shepton Mallet. I have friends near Birmingham/Telford and Shepton so could do these weekend+ ones if needed

and here's one I made earlier! What a grey day Picture38
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:48 pm

It's getting very noisy now so may pop out to Charlwood for a quick shop. I'm after a snowflake embossing folder.
What a grey day Picture41 Here's another beaded necklace I made. The pinks and purples go well with this top!

Last edited by poppytree on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:49 pm

There seems quite a lot of chest infections around at the moment - hope you feel better soon Jayne - just try and sleep a lot Very Happy to let your body recover. My daughter had one a few weeks ago but she is allergic to penicillin. The doctor didnt know her and gave her some antibiotics which she has had before and she told her they wouldn't work on her chest infections and she was right silent . Her own doctor gave her something she only had to take once a day and it cleared up virtually immediately Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Morning all, damp dreary start here too but it looks like it is starting to try and brighten up a bit Smile
I managed to find a snowflake folder at Craft Central Jane they had a few of the Christmas ones in stock a while back.

Made a couple of cards this morning for my daughter to give to a couple of people; one for her friends son who is mad on the Simpsons and one for her cousin who drools over Amy Lee from Evanessence, hopefully they wil;l like them

Well off to get dinner done going to be a quick throw in the oven today lol

Take care all
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Very autumnal day here as well.
Not in the happiest of moods just now as my daughter and her boyfriend have just left to go back to Scotland
No matter how often they visit I can never get used to them leaving
The tears still flow and to add to it Jimmy went around the house then the garden crying his wee heart out because he couldn't find them
Ah well just have to get on with it
Though I have to admit it has taken a LOT out of me having them here
RIGHT! Enough of my worries and woes!

Jayne I am not surprised you are feeling tired with all those pills inside you affraid
It must be a right corker for the doc to prescribe all that!
Welcome to the twilight zone girl Wink
You take care and rest woman!

Jane what lovely necklaces
I have jewellery equipment in my craftroom and keep telling myself that it has not to be touched until I have the card-making equipment organised
Guess what?!!!
I think I am going to have to give in and just go for it and your beautiful necklaces have inspired me Very Happy
We are waiting to see how I feel at the weekend to see whether I am fit enough to go to Ally Pally
Alan has been on the web looking at the details Basketball
Unforunately we didn't make Sandown so hopefully Ally Pally is on the agenda
I have a visit to the Physio tomorrow afternoon and my second session of acupuncture on Thursday so that should keep me from fretting
And of course there is always this Forum to keep me smiling Very Happy
Scotty
Scotty
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 1797

https://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/Scotty_57/Cards/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:57 pm

I was just about to ask how your weekend went Sadie. It is sad to say goodbye though Sad Do you communicate with them on regularly, it's not the same as them being there though. I am going to visit my Mum next Saturday for the day and we will be taking her out for a meal Very Happy She really appreciates my visits because I am the only one who has left Cheltenham, the others get no appreciation although they do more for her Surprised I do feel guilty Rolling Eyes Hope you are having a good rest now, give Jimmy a big hug Laughing Molly knows how he feels as when my daughter leaves she goes round the house looking for her Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:31 pm

I am very lucky Jacky as they all do keep in touch on a regular basis
We have always been a very close family
Even my nieces and nephews are in regular contact as they were all brought up together and are the same ages
It used to be manic and a good laugh during the summer holidays when all 9 of them got together and that was a regular occurence as they stayed 5 doors along from us..........happy days Very Happy
They all get on so well together even as adults although it does confuse my Great Nieces and Nephews as they are not too sure who are their 'real' Aunts and Uncles Very Happy
I wouldn't feel guilty about being given the special welcome from your Mum I am sure the rest of your family understand
I get something of the same from the G Neices and Nephews...........'My Aunt and Uncle from England are coming up'
As if we lived somewhere exotic, God bless them Laughing
Jimmy is now cuddling my feet and I have said that Molly is sending her his best wishes Laughing
Scotty
Scotty
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Good afternoon ladies. It's been very grey here too and we have had some rain. I've only just turned computer on. Went to Pilates this morning then did weekly shop at Tesco's. Don't know what was going on there as half the shelves were empty. Shocked This afternoon I put all the furniture and stuff back after carpet cleaning yesterday, then watched Dawn Bibby on QVC. Normally I feel guilty if I just sit and watch for 2 hours but today I knitted the sleeve of a jumper I'm making for my grandson, so don't.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm

You don't need to feel guilty, I think you have done enough with all the furniture moving Very Happy I forgot Dawn Bibby was on and I was downstairs cutting out decoupage while Martin was in my craft room putting a new hard disc in my laptop to give me more space. I was a bit worried when it wouldn't reboot. He had a couple of problems but it's fine now and so much quicker cheers I have been using his little laptop but it is so small - I think it's 8ins but it makes it difficult to type lol! Happy now though What a grey day 16355
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:53 am

Good morning ladies, just got on early to see how you all were before I start the day and then find it is time for bed again, How are you this morning Jayne I do hope you are feeling better, the necklaces are lovely Jane, let me know where you are when you do some shows in case I am lucky enough to be in the area, hope the physio goes well Sadie, and I hope you all have a really good day, we had a lot of rain last night I am hoping it will be stopped before I have to do my weekly hike up to my brothers, Shocked have a wonderful day all lol! lol! Janet xx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:03 am

Another grey day here
My appointment with the Physio was at 2 o'clock and you have to be ready 2 hours before
So there I was at 12 all ready
Guess what time it came Question
I had decided to make myself a coffee and it turned up
So off we went to Heatherwood and a very pleasant young Physiotherapist sat for about an hour and asked me questions
All the answers were in my file which I presume she didn't have
Not the girl's fault I suppose
I did mention that I was worried about the fact that using elbow crutches was damaging my neck further and the reply was that she wasn't allowed to talk about the neck as I had been referred only for my spine What a Face
Seemingly I have to get the consultant to refer me for that too before they can advise me on it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The one good thing was that there were no appointments available there with a spine therapist and they have referred me to my local clinic round the corner and I can get there on my Duckmobile cheers
Suits me even better as on the way back I had a tour of Berkshire dropping off other patients

Now just my acupuncture to go for tomorrow
The apppointment is for 8.45 so in reality I have to be ready for 6.45 scratch scratch
I doubt if they even have the transport running at that time scratch scratch
Oh the joys lol! lol!
Scotty
Scotty
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:49 am

What a day you have had Shocked Isn't your neck part of your spine Question Hope tomorrow is a better day for you Sadie Rolling Eyes
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:59 am

Well I would have thought so too Jacky but who am I to argue Laughing
I think she was just qualified
I am due to see my GP soon so I will test his knowledge of anatomy Laughing Laughing
It is all go on my social calendar just now Laughing Laughing
Scotty
Scotty
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:05 am

I've got a filling and hygenist at the dentist tomorrow . Have been waiting since my check up about 6 weeks as she was going on holiday and then I was away. This was the earliest I could get both together. They are usually pretty good Neutral
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down