The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wednesday - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday

+8
cubbie66
LoopyLou
poppytree
Andrea
lexiecraft
topgran
Craftworker
Karen R
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Wednesday

Post  lexiecraft Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Stopped snowing this arvy , and even thawed a bit but now its really cold again so ice again .....totally sick of it now ! Evil or Very Mad
Lou my lovely home they get you sorted soon sending you a big hug xxxx
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:02 pm

So sorry to be saying this ladies but, "I've got some snow, got some snow" and been out walking in it today and taking photos - it was brilliant Smile We walked to the local Asda and got some bits and bobs in case it gets worse overnight, doubt it though. More people were walking about and all appeared friendlier - what do they call it "Bunker mentality" ? something like that. I love it when it happens as it reminds me of when I was growing up in a tiny village. We all used to walk around the older people's homes and take them the basics, tea, milk, bread etc and make sure they were ok. Then the next day to it all again he he. Tea from the shop, milk from the farm and bread from our oven. Smile Memories Smile

Sorry I'll shut up about snow now and hope that yours all goes, but mine stays he he Smile

Hugs to all poorlies, I'm back on the sofa resting the poor bod after today's walk Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm pleased Jen's happy, someone has to be! I hope they soon get you sorted Lou, you're having a rough time.

It's been terrible here today, snowing of course, and settling beautifully over layers of black ice! Twisted Evil My hubby finally got our car out as he had a physio appointment at 10.10, he was the only patient, everyone else had cancelled, except for one after lunch. My hubby said he wouldn't have gone if he had realized how bad it was. Being high up we usually get it worse than surrounding areas, and once away from here it picks up, but it's so bad now that even surrounding areas are treacherous! He heaved a huge sigh of relief when he made it home, and he went in the 4x4. I'm not venturing far, although I'm going crazy stuck in!

It's my hubby's birthday tomorrow, and what a dull day it will be. No post today, and probably not tomorrow, so no cards. I haven't been able to get out to buy him a gift, we usually say we won't as our birthdays are both close to Christmas, but buy anyway and I can't imagine not having a gift for him to open. Sad Our dinner plans, for a lovely restaurant about fifteen miles away, look pretty hopeless too, horrid snow and ice.

It's been really hazy as well today, (probably freezing fog next, Grrrr!) we all had our lights on from about 2 o'clock.

I haven't got the lights on in this room now, the curtains are open and I like to see the garden (I can in the snow, normally it's a complete blackout) and the horrible snow looks wonderful. Where the ice is peeping out (can something so malevolent peep?) the lights from the kitchen window are catching it and it's winking and blinking in the snow like diamonds, - darned thing. Smile I know it isn't nice, I'm not fooled, it isn't taking me in and I still want it to go.

Are the chatterers going to be online tonight? If you go in to whatever the chat part is called would you put instructions on about how to get there? My box says I'm disconnected (It doesn't know the half of it! Smile )

Have fun, especially Jen, because if it stays you're soon going to hate it!
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:52 pm

going to check it out now Christine...

just had a look, and it seems that you have to log in and thats it - you are connected!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks Karen, I'm in the box!
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  melchache/ellen Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 pm

lexiecraft wrote:Morning girls , here we go again loads more snow ....really am sick of it now.I was going to venture out today but once I saw the weather, we've had loads of white stuff , and as usual our road is tterrible , Mick just going out for supplies and I've got to have a move round in my craftroom cos of mouldy /damp patch !which has improved grately since mick sprayed it last night.He's painting it later,its an outside wall righ on the corner of the house .
We are sooo p'd of with the weather tha we have defnetly exstended our stay in Souh Africa , only by a week , we get back on 29th March ,can't wait ....... speak late3r as washing has stopped and wan to sort it out Smile x
what did he spray the mould with?
melchache/ellen
melchache/ellen
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Some mould killing spray , he painted it and I 've moved the room about so nothing big is touching that corner , think it was flash mould spray or Mr Muscle ! Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 pm

What is the chat hing , don't get too techi I've limited brain space at moment !! Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:34 pm

Lexie... if you go to the home page ... right at the bottom is a 'chat room' if you log in right hand side, you should see yourself connected and if there is someone else there ,.. you can type in the bottom bit and you have a conversation - better than typing posts on a thread
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Oh that sounds clever !!!!....... x Laughing
lexiecraft
lexiecraft