The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Tuesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Tuesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Tuesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Tuesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Tuesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Tuesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tuesday

+8
Durham Lass
LoopyLou
cally
Craftworker
muppet73
cubbie66
Andrea
Karen R
12 posters

Go down

Tuesday Empty Tuesday

Post  Karen R Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 am

Morning

looks a bit dull out at the moment, but it is still early so got chance to brighten up.
Keith wasnt too good when we went last night. He was waiting for the anaethetist to come and see him. The spinal tap (think thats what they call it) which the nurses put the morphine in, looks to be coming out as it is leaking. Not going tonight... his mother is going !!! But will speak to him at some point throughout the day... he can have his mobile on in the ward.
Well... have a lovely day, will pop back later.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Tuesday Empty Re: Tuesday

Post  Andrea Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:15 am

Good morning Karen and all who follow , its a bit murky here today but the sun is trying to get out. Im off out to my mates today for a cuppa and chat, then home to finish off putting my craft stuff back in the craft room Embarassed i have fetch quite a bit in over the winter months . Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and hugs to the poorlies.Hope Keith is comfortable today and they sort his spinal tap out.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:48 am

Good morning Karen, Andrea and all who follow Smile
Had some real heavy rain overnight but seems to have cleared up now and the sun has come out this morning Smile
Got to have a look round today for some things for us to do on Saturday, Janet, Di and Ellen will hopefully be at mine for some crafty fun and got to sort us something good to do Smile
Suggestions on a postcard please lol!
Blimey Karen keith has done a good job on those ribs to stil be in hospital Sad Hope he is feeling better soon Smile
Andrea enjoy your cuppa with your mate Smile
Hope everyone has a great day, stay safe xXx
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867
Registration date : 2008-07-05

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:54 am

Good morning Karen, Andrea, Jan and all those that follow.
Bit dull here today as well, think they give rain for most of the week. Don't mind as long as we get glorious weather for the weekend.

Poor Keith sorry to hear things aren't improving yet but he's in the right place and hopefully will be home with you soon. Hope Cookie is still on the the right track and also hope your looking after yourself too Very Happy
Have a good cuppa and chat Andrea with your mate, hope she treats you to some nice biccies or cakes to go with it Very Happy
Jan completely forgot about Sat, what time do you want me round? Do you want anything bringing?

Hope everyone has a good day whatever their plans.
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:57 am

Jan forgot to say yes I did follow you whilst my sat nat was trying to get a signal. Next time I'll wait lol! I ended up coming out by St Dunstans (the bottom end of Canterbury). lol!
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Di... thankfully Cookie is hopping around happily again. Eating anything and everything... such a relief especially now.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 am

Good morning all, rain overnight here but not as bad as Kent. Sorry I think we brought the better weather back to here with us. Took us 4 hours to get home, 2 hours to do 8 miles where they closed a junction on the motorway Mad Have got to catch up with all the posts so don't know what is happening. Hope your husband is improving Karen - how did he hurt his ribs - I will probably find out when I have caught up with everything Laughing

Had a lovely time in Kent and will put some photos on later hopefully, I have just realised we are away again next Wed so got a week to get all the cards I need to do this month finished Shocked Hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Morning all karen have already spoken to you, but hope your ok, well i had to have an assesment at work yesterday from the access to work people, because some one took my chair that i had specially made for me, so now i am having a new chair with heat pads for my back, and a new lamp for my desk and a heater because its so cold in my office when the sun isnt out sat with my coat on all day yesterday, dont now if the boss will buy all those things for me might just say its cheaper to make me redundant one can only hope cant one, i really hate this job sat here all day yesterday and took 8 calls from 9 till 4.30.

Lou hope your back is feeling a bit better today and your not in so much pain and good news about your shower, and hand rails i couldnt cope with out my handrails.

Jacky glad you had a nice time away seems like ages since i had my hols and have got to wait till november now for the next ones.

Has anyone heard from mikki havent seen her for ages hope shes ok.

well better go and wait for a phone call you never now some one might ring me.

hugs to everyone

Janette
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Haha am I a jammy beast or what!!!!!

Tried to turn the telly on this morning and the turn on button wouldn't work!

I have always had a warranty out on the telly which is a manky old Beko, bought way back when, and was only worth £199 when we got it!

So I phones up the maintenance part of my service company (thru LXDirect) and told them the problem and she says the telly is kaput and they will put me thru to replacements!! Yay I thinks, bout blooming time!!!

So I gets put thru and she tells me that as long as I order thru the LXDirect (Littlewoods) catalogue we can choose a similar spec telly.... now heres the hitch... to the same value as our old one £200.... haha.... blooming impossible!!!

So I says to her that there is nothing available unless we downgrade to a 19" (no chance) so can we have the £200 to spend at another retailer where we should be able to pick up a decent TV on sale somewhere....

She said NO YOU CAN'T... we MUST choose out of their catalogue... if we want cash then she would only give us the market value of our telly which they reckoned was £100

So I had a hissy fit at her..... telling her that the wording on my insurance agreement stated that the insurance company would repair or replace with a product of similar specification.... I said it was NOT MY PROBLEM that TV's had all this new jiggery pokery stuff (LCD< HD Ready, In built Freeview etc) and that I refused to go down in size to a 19" just to accommodate them being jobsworths!!!

So she went off to talk to her manager with a flea in her ear and when she came back she offered us one that was worth £299 for free! 26" LCD HD ready with freeview!!! Hahahahahaha

Who says it don't pay to make a fuss!!!???

Needless to say she is now my bestest friend!!! (Cept Shell and you lot of course!)
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Durham Lass Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Well it is now afternoon here in County Durham so I have 60 minute makeover on. Smile Normal weather, dry warm but cloudy.
Lou, you rock. That is exactly the same thing as I would have done to. I hate jobsworths. So now you will have a shiny new tv. Very Happy
I thought it was about time i got some posts on here so you all get to know me a bit better (God help you Laughing ).

Hugs
Shirley

Last edited by Durham Lass on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Durham Lass
Durham Lass
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Good afternoon ladies. Nice to see you back Jacky - glad you enjoyed Kent!
Karen hope Keith's ribs start to improve a bit soon.
Well done Lou!!
Andrea hope you enjoyed your cuppa
Went to pilates this morning - still finding it hard going after a 2 month break - hope I loosen up a bit soon! Got vacuum back from Vacuum hospital this morning as well so lounge carpet looks more respectable again but must get it shampooed soon. I can't believe how much hair that cat sheds - I'm sure Mum's cat didn't lose as much or she would have had a nervous breakdown!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Good afternoon ladies, had a nice time at friends but no cream cakes Mad but got a cuddle off her neigbours cat that comes in for food and a cat nap Very Happy then fell to sleep when i got back has i had beed up half the night with cronic stomach ache Sad Weather has cheered up here too its warm. Way to go Lou when will get the TV? hope its soon. Welcome back Jacky sounds like you had a great time my card is on its way to you i posted it today. Hope everyone else has had a good day.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Afternoon everyone I've been at the hospital with a friend most of the morning. All she needed was an appointment for her daughter to have an operation on her eye but it took 3 hours to get it. I've not dropped the kids off at afterschool club popped home for a quick cuppa then back out to fetch them, quick return home feed them and get them back to school for 6.30 for the school concert Smile Smile

Hope Keith it getting better, welcome back Jacky Smile

Have a good evening Smile Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Afternoon all, spent the day with my daughter in law, going around the shops, and lunch out. Weather was awful overnight but had cleared now. Hope the poorlies will soon be on the up, well done Lou on the tv, and lovely to see you back Jacky. Have a good evening all and take care
Janetx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Yay I am back. Have had such a nice day today, it was the first time I have got out of the house since Friday Shocked and I had a bit of cabin fever!

So we hired a car for the day (Ady's day off) and went all over the place! We went to the cemetary and sorted my nephews' graves and my FIL's, we went to Tescos, then after school we took the kids, the dog and my mum up to Goodwood for a walk in the woods.... well a pootle in the woods..... as I can't walk very fast at the moment but I did alot better than I thought I would! Probably coz I took a hot water bottle with me in the car!!

Shirley lovely to see you on here! I have never been told I rock before!!!

Janet... I hope you had a nice shopping trip and lunch out x

Andrea... the only draw back is that we have to wait 5 days for the TV, but we have a spare smaller one upstairs that we can bring down x

Sue... I have always wanted to try PILATES but I don't know if I could with the arthritis, my doc recommended Wii Yoga, but we can't afford a wii fit board.
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Good for you Lou, hope the tv comes soon for you Very Happy I have spent the day washing and catching up on the forum, putting inserts in a couple of cards to post - one was for my brother who has his Silver anniversary today - oops. Luckily for me they are away at the moment so he will never know Laughing Laughing Also popped to the Crafty Cow as Martin wanted some silicone glue and there was a note on the door saying they were closed due to illness Shocked so turned round and went off to Tescos to get some food in Neutral
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:49 pm

Hello everyone. I've just got in from ther kids school summer concert. It was fantastic. Joshua sang in the choir, Kayleigh played her flute and sang in the choir and Michaela played a Viola solo, played in the school orchestra, danced and sang a solo and also sang in the choir and chamber choir. Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:10 am

craftymumof3 wrote:Hello everyone. I've just got in from ther kids school summer concert. It was fantastic. Joshua sang in the choir, Kayleigh played her flute and sang in the choir and Michaela played a Viola solo, played in the school orchestra, danced and sang a solo and also sang in the choir and chamber choir. Smile

Wow - what a talented bunch they are - how proud you must be when you watch them Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Awwww wow, you must have been so proud Frances. My eldest is going to be dancing in the carnival on Saturday (she has been doing 2 hour dances classes every week for ages)

Last edited by LoopyLou on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz is spelt a word wrong and it was, as usual, pointed out by Jen!!!)
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

I bet it was lovely Frances i really miss going to see the children in the school concerts and plays especially at xmas it always bought a tear to my eye.

Well done to them all
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:31 pm

You must be so proud Frances - well done little uns Smile

Lou hun you have to enlighten me
My eldest is going to be dancing in the carnical on Saturday
what's a carnical he he Smile It's because you are so excited about the TV - well done hun on fighting for your rights Smile

Quick update on the shop, Crafty Cow of course he he. I rang Celie, who is on holiday on the Isle of Wight, lucky thing he he; she told me that Anne has hurt her back which is the reason the shop was closed. Rosemary and Anne will open the shop today so business as usual ladies.
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! Tuesday 916514
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks for the update Jen, cos it didnt say on the notice how long the shop was going to be closed for Very Happy Poor Anne. I knew Celie was on hols though Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down