The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Saturday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Saturday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Saturday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Saturday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Saturday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Saturday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Saturday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Saturday

+4
topgran
CraftyPat
Andrea
Karen R
8 posters

Go down

Saturday Empty Saturday

Post  Karen R Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 am

Morning....

Well I have good news and not so good news.
As you know things seem to have been changing all the time for Keith every half hour it seemed. Well he was due to go for a CT scan on Thursday, they didnt know whether it could be done at Worksop or whether he would have to go to Doncaster Anyway... that never materialised on Thursday. Yesterday morning Keith phoned and it was arranged for 11.30 at Worksop (the hospital he is in)
We were more or less waiting on the results of them, and then it would be a case of sending him to Sheffield to go ahead with the wiring of the ribs - which would be a major operation - we had both 'geared' ourselves up for this. So I figured that he would probably be in early next week. I organised my lift to take me in last night, and just before we were going the phone rang.. Keith... all change again. Apparently what has happened now, (I assume from the scan) is that part of his lung has collapsed... they are sending him home today - he has to go and see a Thoracic Surgeon next Thursday at Doncaster, but they feel its too late now to do anything The CT scan should have been done when he was first admitted to hospital back in June. The Surgeon that Keith saw yesterday was so mad, and he advised Keith to complain. He has been told to write everything down, times, dates and names of what people have told him... also to say about the times he has had to wait for his pain killers.
After seeing him last night he looked really good, but he is so angry. He asked for his tablets (the surgeon said he had every right to insist on them) when the nurse said 'in a minute' he did say politely ... no, I want them now, I have been told to have them regularly and on time. She wasnt happy, but did get them. I know they are busy... and Keith isnt the only patient in that hospital, there are others... elderly gentlemen and a couple of them have Dimentia...but when you are in pain, you need that relief.
One minute he is told not to move... at any time the ribs that are displaced could puncture his lung/heart... and they are sending him home Obviously I am pleased he is coming home... but now I am beside myself with what might happen. Roll on Thursday when he goes for this appointment. He requested Hospital Transport for coming home today, and also for Thursday.
So we will wait and see what happens today... could change again!
Amy and myself are coping - we do get snappy, but I have explained to her that it is just because that we are so worried and it is normal. She really is such a tower of strength and even going on the ward itself is upsetting, but she has coped really well.

Thank you so much for you messages, as I have said before - they mean so much.
His mother???? I havent heard from her since Wednesday morning.... and she is so worried about her son, and she was so sorry she couldnt get to see him on the Tuesday evening when K's Dad took me in - she had awful diarrhea ( my opinion... its coming from her mouth ... and I do apologise if you are having your morning toast and coffee!!)
Weather is lovely at the moment... thought the forecasters predicted rain

Love
Karen and Amy xxx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Saturday Empty Re: Saturday

Post  Andrea Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:40 am

At last Karen a result big hugs to you all you all need , as for the dr's well they dont derserve jobs, hope all goes well for Thursday it should be priority now. Good morning ladies nice and sunny here today washer on and we are going to the tip again to take the last of the rubbish. Enjoy your day if you are off out and hugs to the poorlies
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:32 am

Good morning ladies,

Well Karen, what can I say I am amazed that they didn't give him a full scan when he first went in. That is diabolical.
He must complain, although it does not necessary help his immediate situation it at least highlights flaws in the system
to hopefully stop the same thing happening to others.
Lets hope Thursday gets him on the right road to a full recovery.

My OH received a date for his CT scan this morning, he has to go next Friday. So hopefully the result is a Cystic kidney
and we can get some treatment/op sorted for him. OHs certainly seem to be in the wars this year. Good job us ladies
are made of stronger stuff!! or we are perhaps just more tolerant to pain!!

I am off to a flower punch class in a wee bit, we are making orchids today. Could be comical one feels.

Have a good day whatever you are doing and I will catch up with you all later.

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Morning ladies - grey and damp here today. At least you know now what is wrong Karen hopefully it will get sorted next week. Hope he will get lots of compensation through the insurance as it was a car accident. Don't forget to claim!! My son got over £800 a few years ago and he only had a broken finger and my ex got about £4000 when he was knocked off his bike and had broken ribs and a punctured lung - and that was without knowing who had done it.
Pat glad you have got a date for your husband - hope it goes well - and enjoy your class today.

I'm cooking as Roy is off helping one of his friends move some furniture. He usually does all the cooking at weekends.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Karen, glad you have a date for Keith and yes make sure he claims on the insurance. That is really bad that they didnt give him a scan when he first went in and they knew it was broken ribs. Pat glad your OH has a date too. Lets get these men back in working order - any excuse for a lie down Laughing Laughing Hugs to you all including Amy Very Happy

Enjoy your day - Martin is off on his motor bike to a model plane display/competition ? to watch and I am going down to the local shop to watch the craft demonstration Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Good morning everyone. It's dull but warm here at the moment. The kids are now on their summer holidays so no more early mornings until September Smile

Glad to hear Keith is finally being sorted and that CraftyPats OH has his appointment through Smile

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Feel a little bit fed up... just had a phone call from Keith and he isnt coming home today after all. Just wish they wouldnt say that he could, when they know that he wont be coming home. I know he is in the best place and I would rather he stay in there until Thursday when he goes to Doncaster... but Keith is feeling down now and I have gone and done the hoovering... wouldnt have bothered if I had known that!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Oh Karen, so sorry to hear that. As you say he is in the best place but when they keep changing their mind it is really upsetting Mad Big hugs for you, Amy & Keith Very Happy Stay positive and do some crafting Smile
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Karen, so sorry to hear that Keith isn't coming out today but he is in the best place even if they keep changing their minds It must be so upsetting and unsettling for you all. Big hugs, hang in there and, as Jacky said do some crafting to keep your mind off the problems. I've just made all the birthday cards andswaps for this month so am feeling good!

We are moving into the new bedroom tonight!
Saturday Th_DSCF5120
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Looks really good Jane Very Happy You will think you are in some posh hotel if you wake up in the middle of the night Laughing Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:05 am

Just off for an early night!
Hope I don't need to get up in the night -may end up in the wrong room!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:52 am

Karen I was so sorry to read your posts, and I do hope Keith will soon be on the mend, when they make up their minds just what they will do, sending out some warm hugs. Janetx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down