The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Sunday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Sunday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Sunday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Sunday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Sunday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Sunday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Sunday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sunday

+6
LoopyLou
lady of kent
craftymumof3
muppet73
Craftworker
Karen R
10 posters

Go down

Sunday Empty Sunday

Post  Karen R Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:32 am

Morning!

Nice and quiet here, have just put C & C on, but will catch up on SCD as I didnt watch last nights show.
Do you know I felt really lucky last night before the Lottery show, I found a penny in the street yesterday, so I picked it up - thinking 'all the day I would have good luck'. Then I took a parcel around to our neighbour that Postie had left as they were out. As I was talking I felt this 'thud' on my shoulder - a bird/elephant had done his business on me So I really thought my luck could be in... no such luck... got one number and that was the bonus ball.

Looking forward to Sunday lunch - yesterday I got some purple sprouting broccoli from the Farmers Market, I think it looks so colourful on the plate!!!! So we are having Roast Chicken etc and the last of my christmas puds. Wont be long before I make my next lot!!!
Have a lovely day
xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Sunday Empty Re: Sunday

Post  Craftworker Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:23 am

Good morning Karen, purple sprouting - yum. It always makes me think of my Dad and brings back good memories of Sunday dinner when I was young. Dad grew all our veg and also home bred chicken - we ate very healthy then Laughing organic all of it. But I really loved purple sprouting but couldnt stand broccoli then Laughing Laughing I am having dinner at Sally's tonight when she gets home from college Very Happy

Planning to do an anniversary card for Martin today as he is away today and tomorrow to don't have to hide it away Laughing Hope you and Keith are having better nights sleep now. Hugs to all the poorlies and have a good day whatever you are doing today Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Good morning Karen, Jacky and all that follow.

Sorry your lucky streak didn't last too long Karen, I didn't even manage to get 1 number Rolling Eyes
Hope you manage to get your anniversary card done Jacky and you have a lovelly dinner at Sally's Very Happy

Weather is not too good down here today so we're off to the cinema shortly to see Aliens in the attic.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Morning everyone. The sun is out and I have washing in the machine.

Karen purple sprouting brocolli sounds yummy, We're having chicken and normal broccoli for dinner today but alas no Christmas pudding Sad

Jacky I hope you manage to get the card made. Have a good evening at Sallys Smile

Di enjoy the cinema Smile

We're off out shopping in a minute then back to do some more tidying and ironing.

have a nice day whatever you are doing Smile Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:41 pm

Morning Karen Jacky Di Francis, and girls, wet here today, No of to babysit soon and dinner later, even done h------K today bounce
Karen enjoy your roast, sorry to here you had no luck No
Jacky I do hope you have a good dinner with Sally, it always tastes better when you dont have to cook it Rolling Eyes
Enjoy the cinema with Jake Di, best place to be today. undercover.
Francis enjoy your shopping.

Its lovely to see you back with us Lou I do hope you had a good night.
Hugs to all ladies.
love Janetxx

Is Jan ok, havent seen her since Thursday, No
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Janet Shocked Housework on a Sunday affraid confused affraid

Have you had a bump to the head!!!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Morning/afternoon all...... i started typing in the morning but it may well post in the afternoon LOL

Nice and sunny here... so going out for a short walk soon, have done all my exercises the hossy gave me so feeling a bit tired and achy but the fresh air will liven me up!!

Sorry to hear your 'lucky' streak did not last long enough to make it to the lottery hun!
I love purple sprouting too......

Jacky.... have a nice day making your card.... my dad used to grow his own too... these days he just does his runner beans! Half the garden is taken up by his wigwams when they are growing!!

Oh Janet.... sunday is the day of REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a great nights sleep in my own bed thanks hun x

Have a nice time at the cinema Di, we have just had to fight the closure of our local one.... I have been going there since I was a kid..... its a listed building and they wanna turn it into 3 flats... how dare they!

Hope you find something nice to buy whilst you are shopping Frances x

I am doing Roast Pork today with all the trimmings.... honey roast carrots, brocolli, runners and Savoy cabbage (done in steamer) , yorkies, sausage & bacon rolls, apple sauce, roasties YUM YUM .... ooooh I can't wait LOL

Have a great sunday guys

Hope Jan is OK and that any poorlies are on the mend xxxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Tis sad, h-------k on a Sunday I agree ladies, I use to do a BIG tidy and clean on Mondays, but now hubby is home 24/7 I cant get `stuck in` and he went of to the park pond this morning to play with his `friends` and their boats so took the chance.... he came home with a wet soggy dog half hour later and after he had done two circuits of the kitchen with muddy feet, [the dog that is] you think, JUSY WHY DO I BOTHER Mad lol! lol! lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Oh gawd, I know that feeling hun!!!!! Hope the rest of your sunday is peaceful and less muddy!!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:15 pm

Thank you Lou lol! lol! lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Oh Lou, my tummy is rumbling after hearing what you are having for dinner Very Happy Better have a bit of lunch soon Very Happy Have almost made a silver wedding anniversary for a couple whose party we are going to next weekend and then will tackle Martins Shocked Been practicing with my Foil wizard to try and get the writing neat enough to go on the card Very Happy Good excuse Laughing Laughing Jan is fine, she has just got a problem with internet but should be back here soon Very Happy

Janet, I know the feeling - men and dogs Laughing Laughing Martin is worse than the dog, I clean the kitchen surface and then Martin makes a cuppa and its like a bomb has gone off. Laughing Laughing lol!
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Well Jacky, you would be welcome but it might be a bit cold by the time you get here LOL!!!

Glad to hear Jan is OK, thanks for the update x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Good afternoon Ladies

Glad to have you back on the forum Lou and that your hossy trip was beneficial. Keep up the good work now
you are home, No overdoing it though.

Made some lovely pointsettas at a flower punch class yesterday, am currently making up some hyacinths with one
of the tutors new craft punches that will be on sell in November, the plan is that I do it and determine for her
whether it is a level 1,2 or 3 as she is going to me making DVDs relating to flowers within each level.

Andy is heaps better but he will be a lot happier once they take the catheter out. They have sent him an appt
for Friday morning which is great being as he only has enough night bags to last until Thursday morning and if I
am going up the hospital it will be to get it taken out not once to get a bag and then again to have it taken out.
So needless to say I will be on the phone first thing Monday.

Back to work full time tomorrow as well and there are some tensions between the admin team that look like coming
to a head during a meeting on Tuesday so just can't wait - really could do without it just now.

Have a good day ladies, got to get back to my hyacinths!!

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Pat.....

So glad Andy is heaps better...... drives ya mad tho the NHS doesn't it? Hope ya get the supplies sorted out to last you thru till the appt.

There was a lady in when I was in who had been there for 2 weeks before I arrived, they were being quite forceful with her trying to get her to walk even though she was finding it extremely difficult as her leg was so swollen and painful. Anyways they sent her for a Deep Vein Thrombosis check up and when that showed nothing the Sister in charge of the ward took her straight to xray... they xrayed her leg and found she had a tibia and fibula fracture..... they think it was missed as a hairline fracture on her original admission and because they had been forcing her to walk it had opened up the fracture. Poor love was starting to think she was insane No and I think even her hubby was doubting her..... he seemed really contrite when they found the fracture and was is tears. Sue (the lady) just seemed so relieved that she was proved there was a problem and was not making it up (as this was what she had felt the nursing staff thought)

I cannot fault the care I received at the unit I attended and I think this was something missed at Chichester not Bognor...... whether she will sue is anyones guess, but the pain must have been unimaginable, poor woman x

Hope everything at work sorts itself out soon hun x

Maybe a crafty day in the near future with me and Vilms is what you need to de-stress, you wont need to bring your BUG this time as I have one now LOL and I promise to provide lunch!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Really pleased you had such good care Lou, it makes a big difference

I think that is what Andy finds so frustrating that all the Emergency doctor stuff and the catheter going back
in were all things that could have been avoided if some basic care in the hospital had been maintained. I had a chat with Cadge from 'The Dark Side' as she is an intensive care nurse and she was disgusted with how they had gone on.

We will definitely have to get together Lou, I have passed by the turn off to Bognor about 3 times this summer and
it always made me think of the fun day we had and how much hassle you have had since then. Anyway lets hope
the end of 2009 is far better than the rest of it has been.

You take care of yourself

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Pat those punched flowers sound good. I would have loved to have gone to the class in Bordon but it's on the same day as my school reunion in Cheltenham Crying or Very sad Will keep an eye out for any more she does as I get an email telling me whats on there Very Happy Glad to here your husband is making progress - hope the hospital sorts you out on Monday. Lou, I am going to Sally's for dinner tonight as Martin is playing golf in Bere Regis today so won't be home for dinner Very Happy otherwise I would have taken you up on the offer and microwaved it lol! Don't go doing too much now Sunday 8 Sunday 9
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 pm

hello my lovely ladies , my goodness you lot have done a lot of chatting , was at work demonstrating yesturday , shop was'nt busy guess everyone was at Sandown , might try and go to Ally Pally but have to see how the Pennies are !!!! Horrible day here overcast and chilly , started off nice , done loads of ironing and 2 lots of washing and made a couple of cards . I 'll speak later when Dollie back at her dads won't feel so rushed then ....whose is this Computer ??? I really hought it was mine how silly to hink whats mine stays mine ..... Smile ps lovely to have lou back in our mist .Hugs tgo poorlies and there other halfs ! lexie Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:51 am

Pat who takes you for floral punch ? is it Jane Gill ? she is brillient and a lovely person a rel lady .? lexie Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:39 am

lady of kent wrote:...now hubby is home 24/7 I cant get `stuck in` and he went of to the park pond this morning to play with his `friends` and their boats so took the chance....:

Love it when other people feel the same! cheers I look on it as an opportunity to get some work done when my husband is out too, I haven't heard anyone else say it and thought I was the only one. Very Happy I don't know why his being at home should make any difference, but it definitely does, perhaps I've got used to being 'on call' when he's at home, (I'm not as pathetic as that makes me sound, but he used to work very long hours, so when he did get the chance to do the DIY I couldn't do, I would drop everything to fit in and help.) but I love being able to just get on with my work uninterrupted - and he has to be out for that! Very Happy
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:44 am

Christine, I am exactly the same. If Martin is home and I start to do a job he calls out to me that he has made me a cuppa. If I don't drink it he complains that I have let it get cold. If I mop the floor he needs to go out to the shed for something and If he is sitting around then I tend to too Neutral I don't want to get rid of him but it is the only way I get anything done around the house lol!
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:52 am

It really must be a Man thing to be awkward when us women are doing housework!!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:33 pm

I think it stems back to the time when they were working. Their time at home in the evening or weekend was for relaxing, doing the odd DIY job etc and we as wives used to make the most of their time at home and spend it with / around them. When they retire they are there all day but our behaviour does not change he he
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Could be that they're the ones who set the standard, and we would have got back to our normal routine! Bless their little cotton socks, they expect to get the attention, they're used to it Wink .
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Thank you Jacky for letting us know about Jan. Look forward to seeing her back Razz
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down