The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Monday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Monday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Monday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Monday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Monday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Monday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Monday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday

+3
poppytree
Craftworker
Karen R
7 posters

Go down

Monday Empty Monday

Post  Karen R Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 am

and its a miserable one! Raining and not nice at all. would be like this when I have to go to the school (which is only next door, but as the gate closest to us will be closed, I have to go the long way round) The other day I received an envelope addressed to myself, but inside was another students results. Phoned the school and they asked if I could return them.
Then this afternoon Mum has an appointment with the Nurse.
Yesterday I found out the Snake light had gone out in the tank... phoned my friend up and she hasnt got a spare one.. so I have to try and get one, although she has said it wont matter.
And then ironing ... its almost as big as my holiday pile - this is only because I have had to wash all the airing cupboard stuff that got wet.
Well... better move, have a lovely day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Monday Empty Re: Monday

Post  Craftworker Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 am

Oh Karen, your dream has come true, a pile of ironing waiting for you to do lol! Can't believe you got another students results - did you get the ones you should have had too or have they gone to someone else. Rained overnight and expecting more later but stopped at the moment. No plans as yet, Martin is still in bed. Yesterday he got his plane stuck up in the tree in the morning and he spent all day trying to get it down - apart from coming home for his dinner. He finally got it down about 6.00. What a wasted day Laughing Laughing

Take care all, and enjoy your day. Look forward to seeing your hearts Lexie. Hugs for those who need one, and Jane hope you are relieved now silent
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Had an aweful 24 hours. pale Off to see the nurse to have my wound checked soon Crying or Very sad - hopefully get the 'other' sorted too - I'm in agony! Embarassed

Happy ironing Karen. Hope you're a bit better today Lexie. Hugs to those you need them
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Jane... sending you a very gentle hug, sounds as if you need one. Good luck with 'the other' not very nice for you at all.

Have just been past next door but one house... it has just become vacant after a Tenant has been in for a year. Before she moved in the house it was all done out really nice... now the owner is ripping everything out and re-doing it again! There are brand new kitchen units, broken into pieces on the front lawn - I think its such ashame... and a complete waste of money.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Morning Karen, Jacky and Jane,

Sorry I have been awol again for a couple of days... having big problems with Arthur in my hip...can't sit for any time...and now I have a massive blister on my hip and back from overuse of the hot water bottle Shocked .... OMG Its huge!!!!

Big hugs for Jane, Juli and Lexie as you are all recovering.

Hope Jen and Jan are ok, they have been way too quiet lately as has Andrea x

Have fun ironing Karen..... you should see the pile of washing I have... haven't been able to bend properly for nearly 4 days so it has built up rather drastically! Lucky me!!! Mind you my tumble drier dows most of my ironing for me!!! lol!

Thats it for a bit ladies, can't sit no more affraid
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Morning ladies. Had a lovely day yesterday in Telford at the grandsons christenings. Lovely service in the RAF church and masses of food afterwards. They were expecting about 30 but only 15 actually turned up. Very annoying when they don't cancel until the last minute. Shelley's dad, brother and girlfriend came to the service but wouldn't stay because her mum was there and her sister didn't come because her dad was there!! I think they are really selfish. I could have been like that as my ex was there with his "lady friend" but fortunately we seem to be more civilised and can be friendly!
Michael did all the driving - it would have taken a lot longer to get there if I'd been doing it! Got home about 9pm.

Had a tidy up today, changed the beds and done some washing which is on the line but I'm keeping a careful eye on the weather.

You snuck in there Lou - hope you feel a bit better soon!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh what a lot of poorly people on here today - hope you all get some relief soon Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hugs to you all. Hope you got on ok with the nurse Jane.

Sue, I have to agree that canceling at the last minute is really annoying, and for them to stay away just because someone they don't get on with is going is really childish Evil or Very Mad At Martin's brothers stepdaughters wedding there was - her Mother with her new husband (no.3), Martin's brother who was her mother's second husband, and her Father who was her mother's lst husband Laughing Laughing None of them would stay away as it meant so much to her for them to all be there apart from her Mothers new husband, but her Mother wanted him there.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Craftworker wrote:Oh what a lot of poorly people on here today - hope you all get some relief soon Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hugs to you all. Hope you got on ok with the nurse Jane.

Wound OK. doc gave me some sachets of stuff to get me moving but still no luck. Hope I get some sleep tonight and a result in the morning! Can't sit for long so juts a quick update
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Craftworker wrote:
At Martin's brothers stepdaughters wedding there was - her Mother with her new husband (no.3), Martin's brother who was her mother's second husband, and her Father who was her mother's lst husband Laughing Laughing None of them would stay away as it meant so much to her for them to all be there apart from her Mothers new husband, but her Mother wanted him there.

Dont know about anyone else... but I was lost at brothers stepdaughter mothers husband Laughing
ahhhh... get the gist of it now - the Bride had a good day with all of her new and extended family Smile

Jane.... shall be thinking of you in the morning!! and hope that things start moving SOON!!!!

Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:27 am

Shame Jane , you need some Prune juice ( yuck ! ) kiwi fruit does it for me or liquid paraffin another yuck but gently effective ...... as for the wind you need a cocktail of peppermint water , hotwater and soluble paracetamol that will do the trick, its very common after abdo surgery , get Clive tto ge you a small bottle of peppermint essance from the chemist and after one or two burbs and whatever you'll feel as right as rain , oh and when you've been ! shame horrible stae to be in !
now you miss Lou, naughty girl burning yourself , better get it checked out, as the blister needs to pop and skin cut away so new skinn can heal quickly !
Had a right carry on here tonight , I got home just after 5.30 and it seems Dulcie had been on 'puter all day , then the naghty girl was on my mobile ( which had been in my bag !) , I was cross she'd been in my bag then when I called her for dinner she brings the pc down stairs , I asked her to turn itt off and told her I'd want it later ...... well later came and a huge row occurs resulting in Micky getting cross , her swearing and me situation norm al in the middle ..... she has stormed off , Micks gone to bed , and all I want is a peaceful life ! sent her a text saying be back home by 10.30 ..... so I've got tto wait up .... ahhhhhhggggggh Very Happy Evil or Very Mad affraid
Glad my family is not the only complicated one ,,,,,,always a good laugh at weddings etc with who is turning up with who ..... my nan would of loved her funeral as all he ex's turned up not hers but her childrens exs and a few skeletons came out the box !
Hope Jen is feeling better now , and Juli continues to do well , Speak tomorrow .... nite everyone
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:30 am

She's back !
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:06 am

Thank goodness for that Lexie Shocked They are a worry. Had a scare tonight on the way to badminton, just got to a roundabout, slowing down for it and a motorbike came round the roundabout, fell over, and skidded straight for our car. Martin was shouting back, back - but there was no way I could have stopped, found reverse and moved off again so quickly. Probably would have put it in first gear and ran him over. He ended up in a heap right in front of the car. There were no cars behind us when it happened but when they did appear they all stopped to see if they could help as they thought we had hit him off his bike. Luckily he wasn't injured, just shaken up so we waited with him for a while and Martin checked out his bike. He said he only lived up the road and he was ok so left.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:31 am

Awful , he'll be sore tomorrow ! Sad
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 am

Hi ladies, doesn't seem to be a healthy one amongst us he he So huge hugs for all in the hope that we start getting better. Mine hasn't improved so am back to the hosp on Weds, they will decide then what to do next ... I just hope they do something quickly as I'm doing the photographs for my friends wedding on the 3rd with her partner's dad doing some and me doing others, so hope to be well enough to do that. Plus Celie and Ted are down soon and then I'm off on holiday when they return. I really NEED to be well again - like yesterday he he. At least I've finished the 3 cards and they are in the gallery if you fancy a peek, along with one or two others that I did imbetween for light relief. Do you girls feel like that when doing special cards ? I just feel like making a quickie card to freshen my mojo up mid way he he

I went into town to get some clothes to wear to the wedding, not sure if I will like them when I'm not aching and swollen I was just hurting so much earlier that I just grabbed anything for the sake of it. Wish me luck with them he he Smile

I'm so glad that Dulcie came back on time, its horrible when you are just waiting there for them to return after a disagreement. You feel the worse mum in the world, even though you know deep down that you are not he he.

Doh Lou how on earth did you manage to burn yourself that badly girl? make sure you get it seen to to avoid complications ... yup I know I'm a nag Smile

Hope you have recovered from your shock Jacky, its horrible when something like that happens, even though you know it wasn't your fault you feel all shook up. Huge hugs for you too hun Smile Warm bath and then bed to avoid any whiplash aches in the morning Smile

I make a good nag don't I he he Smile

Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:59 am

Crikey Jen, you don't half go through it - good luck on Wednesday, hope they sort you out quickly. I didn't have to brake quickly, I was just slowing down to stop at the roundabout and it all happened ahead of us, just that he skidded so far round the roundabout with his bike following him and came to rest about a foot in front of us Shocked Just glad he avoided hitting anything on his way round as I think he would have hurt himself then. Martin wondered if there was some diesel on the roundabout as he didn't think he was riding in any way recklessly Neutral He wishes he had checked for him as it might of helped him claiming for the damaged bike.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down