The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Bank Holiday Monday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Bank Holiday Monday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Bank Holiday Monday

5 posters

Go down

Bank Holiday Monday Empty Bank Holiday Monday

Post  Karen R Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 am

Morning....

A lovely Bank Holiday for a change!
Its a bit breezy this morning, just been down to mum's and its a bit cool out as well.
Not doing much today.
Managed to get my washing done yesterday, so will do that bit of ironing.
Also got to make a card for the little boy I used to childmind... I say little, he will be 10 on Wednesday.
Have a lovely day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Bank Holiday Monday Empty Re: Bank Holiday Monday

Post  Craftworker Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Good morning Karen and all who follow. Beautiful morning here too sunny cheers Martin is going to cut down a bush and mow the lawn today - hopefully. He was going to do it yesterday morning but then we got the phone call from Ian that Callie was racing around so could they bring her to see us in the morning instead of later in the day when we thought they were coming, and then they stayed until 4.00 when I had to get the dinner on Laughing We did have a great day though Very Happy I am hopefully going to try to get a birthday card done for my nephews girlfriend. Pink and handbags I think Laughing Will have to sort something out.

Hugs to those who need one today and enjoy your day whatever you are doing Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Morning everyone. The sun is out but it's very windy here today. We didn't get much done yesterday as a friends daughter called to ask if we would go round as her dad was kicking off and the police were on the way and mum needed some support. We were there until nearly 7.30 then I came home cooked the kids some dinner and then Joshua decided he was going to make some jam and lemon curd tarts so he was baking until just gone 10.30.

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Oh Frances, how awful for all concerned Crying or Very sad Hope it all settled down, but baking at 10.30 Shocked I would be up all night eating them Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Morning all,

Hope you all have lovely weather for the BHW... it's lovely here...just a tad breezy but with a bright blue sky.

Having a late start this morning as we had a late night... it was the Bognor Illuminations Gala last night and we went into town to watch the parade and the fireworks..they didn't finish till half ten so consequently we didn't wake up till gone 10 this morning!!

Have put my daughters mischief behind us now... she was on a very short leash yesterday I can tell ya! Laughing and she is being VERY well behaved I must say!

Had a nice bit of news yesterday, my hubby Ady got pulled into the office yesterday lunchtime by the big boss and was asked to take on the Managers job of the Maintenance side of things.... quite a show of faith in him seeing as he was the last one in of all the maintenance men! He is a bit worried it will put a few noses out of joint...but his big boss sais he has got till tomorrow to think about it... he said he is off on holiday in September and wants to know his caravan park is in safe hands.... wasn't that nice. I have told Ady to do what he feels is right... he has worked very hard....and has earned this promotion and the decent pay rise that goes with it, but can also understand that he may not want to cause any friction at work too...so have left him to make the decision and have told him I will support him either way.

Lemon curd tarts at half ten!!!!! My my Frances, sounds like you had a bit of a stressful day, hope everything calmed down hun x

Pink and handbags will be a winner I am sure Jacky! I always keep a stash of similar stuff made up and they always go well! Have fun in the garden Martin! God my lawn needs mowing... don't think it's been done for about 4 weeks.... each time Ady has had time off (Tuesdays) its been awful weather!) and I can't push the mower...maybe I'll get him to get it out lunchtime and offer Georgia some extra pocket money (she's saving at the moment) to do it for us!

Oh surprise surprise Karen is doing the ironing today! lol! Enjoy hun!!

Hugs for any poorlies x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Just back from my afternoon walk round the block. Felt very wicked going out knickerless but had a shower this morning and had to remove the soggy dressings. Have to spend time letting the air get to the wounds - very elegant!

Lemon curd tarts - mmmmmmmmmmm my favourite. My washings blowing nicely today. clive got it on early but has escaped for the afternoon to watch football in Horsham.

Glad you had a nice evening Lou and that the girls are behaving and congrats to Ady on his promotion. Pink handbags sound fun Jacky.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Oh Well done Ady on being offered the Managers job. cheers Even if he doesn't take it it is good to know that they think a lot of him. I wouldn't worry about the other people if he feels he has earned it - take it. They would probably not think twice about accepting it if it was offered to any of them. Good luck.

Jane - knickerless affraid Laughing Laughing It has to be done. Haven't even started the card yet. Had a tidy round and made a cottage pie for dinner, now just waiting for Martin to finish tidying up so that we can eat it. I am starving. Found some handbag stamps towards making the card though Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh dear Ady went into work this morning.... feeling certain he had made his mind up to go for the job.... cheers

He came home at lunchtime after being given earache by the lads at work feeling that if he accepts it he is more or less gonna be sent to Coventry Evil or Very Mad Why can people be so horrid? Why can't they just be happy for him and know what a boost this would be to him and his family No They are all just sour grapes that they didn't get offered it..... it is making the decision impossible for him Rolling Eyes ..... he didn't even eat at lunchtime...he was so upset Evil or Very Mad Why do peeps have to spoil things? Sad
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Oooooh Jane... so ya did a Britney Spears did ya and went out without your keks on!!!!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Why are some blokes so cruel? - Ady was offered the job because he was the right man - doesn't seem fair that he's getting all this agro. Hope you get it sorted - I'm sure you would tear them off a strip Lou, perhaps he should send you round.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Poor Ady - some people just make you sick Evil or Very Mad Can't believe the mentality of some people - as I said before, they would probably all take the job if they were offered it and can you imagine how they would treat the people they are managing if that is how they are Mad
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down