The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thursday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thursday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thursday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thursday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thursday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thursday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thursday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday

+3
poppytree
Craftworker
Marion
7 posters

Go down

Thursday Empty Thursday

Post  Marion Thu May 26, 2011 9:51 am

Morning all.

Well the sun is out at the moment, but we are promised showers later.
I have a pile of ironing to do this morning and a friend is calling in for a chat, but she has told me to carry on ironing as we can talk while I iron Smile
I think I am going to have to tell the charity shop no more working 9-5 for me. I like to help them out like I did yesterday but I am feeling shattered today. I never used to work 9-5 before I retired!

Hope you all have a good day
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Thursday Empty Re: Thursday

Post  Craftworker Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 am

Good morning Marion - forget the ironing and sit down and rest. It can wait until you are not so tired Laughing Laughing Just off to have my shower now that Martin has gone to work. No plans for today yet, got one more card to make for Martin's sister for Monday so think I will have a go at that. We are promised thunderstorms later so I wont get much done, will just be shaking in the corner What a Face

Enjoy your chat with your friend - hugs to those that need one. Hope the car wasn't too expensive Sue.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu May 26, 2011 10:27 am

All the washing's out and billowing away - hope to get it dry before the showers come. Slept well in spite of all the excitment yesterday - (request for the Visa final payment)

Handing over lots of dosh today - not nice, but it means we should have the Visas by the end of next month. Just need to sell the house now and who knows how long that will take.

Not much to do today so may make some class samples. No housework to do as did all that yesterday in readiness for viewing (which didn't happen - he was stuck in London as Jubilee line wasn't running) Just the bed to make up.

Collected my new glasses and had a hair cut yesterday so its a 'new me' staring back from the mirror. Have a good day all and hugs to the poorlies. Don't work too hard.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu May 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Good morning Marion, Jacky and Jane and all who follow....

Well its wet and very windy here today..... so I will be staying put and not venturing out unless I absolutely have to!

Had bad calf and thigh cramps last night so am walking like my legs and hips are made of concrete cos all the muscles are screamin! And sittting at pc with my heat pad on full blast under my thighs! May phone Sister Walsh to see if I can up my Quinine to try and ease it as I can't cope with little sleep... I tend to get awfully tetchy! lol! Ady had to half piggy back me down the stairs this morning cos I couldn't bend my legs properly cos the thighs hurt so much LOL!!! What a sight that was.....!

Got the NHS equipment service coming to pick up the bathing aids I had from before my bathroom was changed into a wetroom so will be getting some spare cupboard space so tha'll be nice!

Can I ask.. is Karen away and I've missed it? Noticed she hasn't posted so was a bit concerned....

Had a text off Juli (cosmic fairy) the other day and she asked me to pass on her love, she has started a new job and it is taking lots and lots of her time so she very rarely gets online.

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Morning All, a bit windy here going to stay in and play with all my bits and bobs Very Happy
Hope you have a nice chat and a relaxing day Marion

What a Face What a Face Oh Jacky THUNDER......nnoooooo.....

Your not surpose to part with your cash Jane Sad Sad
Oh Lou heres hoping things ease up a bit for you today warm hugs to you Very Happy Very Happy I see Karen was looking on the forum this morning but didnt post, perhaps she is a bit under the weather pale

lol! lol! lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu May 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Awww hope Karen is ok..... she has alot of things on her plate..... especially with her mum and Keith... lets hope she is just under the weather as you say and that nothing else is upsetting her.

I don't have her moby number as I would text her and aggravate her like I would Jacky, Andrea, Juli, Jane and Jan hehe!!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu May 26, 2011 1:08 pm

[quote="LoopyLou]

I don't have her moby number as I would text her and aggravate her like I would Jacky, Andrea, Juli, Jane and Jan hehe!!! [/quote]

lol! lol! lol! lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu May 26, 2011 1:11 pm

lady of kent wrote:Your not surpose to part with your cash Jane Sad Sad

lol! lol! lol!

Too late - just posted it off. Sadly they wouldn't let us in free of charge unless we were prepared to wait 25+ years (still have to pay a couple of thousand even then!)
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu May 26, 2011 1:13 pm

poppytree wrote:
lady of kent wrote:Your not surpose to part with your cash Jane Sad Sad

lol! lol! lol!

Too late - just posted it off. Sadly they wouldn't let us in free of charge unless we were prepared to wait 25+ years (still have to pay a couple of thousand even then!)

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Afternoon ladies. Just managed to redo the pot at the front door before it started raining! Now the sun's out! Hope your legs feel better soon Lou - cramp is horrible!

Gosh Jane it won't be long now - bet your getting excited.

Hope Karen is OK and had wondered where Juli was hiding.

And yes it was VERY EXPENSIVE Jacky - it was the ABS unit that had to be replaced but it had to wait till after we'd been to Jersey.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu May 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Can I please come in here to hide...... and maybe have a good SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu May 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Course you can - just let me get earplugs first Exclamation

What's up?
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu May 26, 2011 7:00 pm

You asked for it Sue.... here's my problem....

Right... when Georgia started up at 'big school' in September it was the first time she had really had to walk that sort of distance (about 1 and a half miles) on her own so it was arranged with two girl friends (Jessica and Sian) of hers that they would all walk together... she has known both these girls since they started school in Reception year so they have pretty much grown up together and are pretty close.

Now the week before last Ady went up to the school on a Tuesday afternoon to pick the three of them up after school (as he does always on his day off) and Jessica was nowhere to be found. Ady was still waiting at the school twenty minutes later till they eventually managed to track Jessica down and she told them she had walked home with someone else...she said she had sent them text messages but neither girl received them. Georgia and Sian were a bit annoyed but didn't think any more of it until the next morning when I received a text message from Jessica saying 'I am not walking with you today' now Jessica gets confused and sends texts for Georgia to me all the time so usually I just pass the phone to Georgia to reply .... anyhow Georgia was brushing her teeth so I fired off a text to Jessica saying 'Hope you are ok, have we done something wrong?' Jessica replied.... 'Bye'.... meanwhile Sian had received the same message from Jessica and had replied 'OK Jess, hugs, see you tomorrow morning' and was most upset to receive another message back from Jessica saying 'No, not tomorrow, not ever' .... both Georgia and Sian had no idea what they had done to start Jess off like this so they both tried to talk to her at school and each time Jess would just tut, roll her eyes and turn in the other direction...

As you can imagine this upset the girls alot as they have always been close and Jess would not even tell them if they had done something wrong. I spoke to Jess's mum about it and she said she had told Jess not to treat her friends like this but Jess was not listening she said. The girls decided to leave Jess alone and let her work out what she wanted ... and it all went quiet! Georgia and Sian continued to walk together and Jess made her own way home, still ignoring them at school. When Georgia and Jess happened to be at a computer class at the same time the only pc free was one next to Jess so Georgia sat there and then Jess immediately stomped off muttering under her breath...

Anyway.......... all of a sudden.... when we were up meeting with Shell at the weekend I gets a text message from Jessica saying 'Hi, i'm on a train'........ thats all... nothing else... I didn't bother to reply and Georgia said she didn't want me to anyhow... Sian also received the text. Next morning we got a text from Sian saying that Jessica had text her and was going to be walking with them the next day. She had offered no explanation why but Sian didn't push for one either.

So on the Monday morning Sian and Jessica arrive, Jessica pretends like nothing has happened... waltzes into my lounge, makes a fuss over the dog, honestly like she has no cares in the world.... so off they go to school.... when Georgia got home I asked her what had been said and she said she asked Jess if she was ever going to tell them why she had acted so nastily to them and Jessica had replied 'I'll think about it!'...... anyway after that it all seemed to settle down for a few days... until now...

Sian, Jess and Georgia set off for school today as usual, taken in by Jessica's dad as it was raining.... Jessica and Georgia are doing a special army training activity day today as they have been chosen as possible House Leaders for their year because of the behaviour, attendance and points scored for their school houses. Georgia and Jess were the two highest in their House (everest)... so Jess and Georgia are together today doing activities with about 20 other kids...

Georgia text me at lunchtime upset because Jessica has turned on her again...it all started because a girl had told Jess that Georgia had punched her (something Georgia would NEVER do, and no i aint wearing rose tinted specs, I mean it, she just wouldn't) and Georgia was upset that Jessica believed a girl that Jess has only know since September over a nearly 10 yr friendship....

So now it all looks like its flaring up again, poor Sian wont know anything about this by the time they see her this afternoon so god knows whats gonna happen about them getting home from school....
I text Claire (Sians mum) and have told her whats going on so that if Sian texts her mum she knows exactly whats happening....

I also text Jessica and said that she wasn't being fair to Georgia after all the aggravation last week.... but apparently Jess turned her phone off cos she saw Georgia texting me....

I then had another text from Georgia saying that she didn't want to get a lift home after school with Jess and her dad so I arranged for Ady to pick her up....

Well when the girls got here (Sian came home with Georgia and Jess left alone) they have said they have had enough of her...... think she may have blown it this time.....

But as always, anything could change!!

What's a mum to do?
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu May 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Welll you asked!!!! lol!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Fri May 27, 2011 11:12 am

Don't know what to say really!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Fri May 27, 2011 11:39 am

Lou my heart goes out to you, we have been through this sort of thing with our first granddaughter, now 12, it was awful for a number of years, the mothers involved did keep in touch with one another and the school was great over it all, I dont know what gets into some of the children or why the behave in such a fashion, once upon a time growing up for most of us was fun and I still have friends who dateing back 50 years or more. But it is so hard for us as parents trying to guide our children threw the minefield of being children and growing up. Most of the time these things can be traced back to unbalance in the family, and it happens to all of us over the years, and it can be hard on your daughter and friend, as I was reading your post I dreaded that you were going to say she had split your daughter and friend up, but it looks as if they have a strong relationship and you are a lovely mum so they will make their minds up over what they will do about this, but I always think it is a shame when long friendship hit a rocky road, Warm hugs to you love Janetxxx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Fri May 27, 2011 11:54 am

Lou I think you have to let them sort their own differences out and just be there for Georgis when she needs to talk. It's probably all down to hormones! Big hugs to you both!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 pm

topgran wrote:Lou I think you have to let them sort their own differences out and just be there for Georgis when she needs to talk. It's probably all down to hormones! Big hugs to you both!

I was about to say the same, Sally went through it too the first year of senior school but she soon found out who her true friends were - you just have to be there for them and try not to get involved - it is so difficult. Didn't have any problem with Ian and his friends - he carried on walking to school with the same boy until they left and has no contact with him now Laughing but still has friends which he met at senior school which he still sees.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sat May 28, 2011 5:43 am

AWWW shame Lou , can't really help Iam afraid , like Ian never had any hassle with Rupe and his mates he has loads of mates and still sees many of them and goes alover the place to see mates at uni .Iam lucky when he goes to Manchester in Sept he already knows a load of people ! Sounds like your daughter is being very Mature, bless her heart , you know what they say Lou 3's a crowd .Big hugs to you .xxx
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down