The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Sunday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Sunday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Sunday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Sunday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Sunday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Sunday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Sunday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sunday

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Empty Sunday

Post  Marion Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Good morning girls.
Had a lovely day here yesterday for Matty's party, and today I have to remember how to roast the beef! it will be the third time I have actually cooked in the last year. When I am by myself, cooking is having beans on toast, cheese on toast, egg on toast or a microwaved jacket potato!!
They are going home today and then the quiet time comes when I miss them.
But now I have to start counting the days to my holiday with my email friend in Austria.
Hope you all have a good day
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Sunday Empty Re: Sunday

Post  Craftworker Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Good morning Marion Very Happy You are like me, if I am on my own I don't cook - very naughty really but I'm not bothered about food that much. We are going to Sally's today as she wants us to pick up her rabbit hutch from her old place and take it to the new place, not that she is allowed pets there (although with the chickens, alpacas and cats around I don't think they would notice). My dad and brother both made her the hutch when she was having her bone marrow transplant, and it is very solid although now 14 years old. Both my dad & brother have passed on now and she treasures it. When she buys a place of her own Richard (her boyfriend) has said he will build her a big run to put it in and make sure it's fox proof after her nightmare losing her other rabbits. Anyway, she said she would feed us. I wish Martin had let me speak to her as I would have suggested they come back here as I don't really want to leave Molly. Yesterday she frightened the life out of me, her back legs gave way in the kitchen and I could hear scrabbling noises. She was lying there not able to get up. I had to pull the mat over to her and get her on the mat in the hope she could get some grip but in the end I had to carry her to her bed and she finally got up again. Luckily she isn't too heavy but with my shoulder yesterday I couldn't life anything. No-one else was around or I would have got her to the vet but I couldn't drive, I did get in the car but didnt feel safe as I couldn't turn my head properly. Anyway, by the time Martin had got home the vets were closed and she had perked up again. I will have to take her Monday but am worried that if she falls while we are out, she will be lying there until we get back Neutral
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Afternoon...

Sorry havent been around, just been so busy down at Mum's house. Living room and kitchen now done, the Utility room is only having a lick of paint, but it needs clearing out first. Everywhere is looking so clean and fresh. Just wish Mum was in there getting the benefit from it rather than the person who will. Not once has she commented on how nice everywhere is looking.
Having a day off today, tomorrow will be tidying up.
Its been a bit of a drizzly day, but is trying to clear up and the sun is making an appearance.
Jacky... sorry to hear Molly hasnt been too good, sending you some hugs
Marion...sounds as if you have had a hectic time... but I am sure you love it!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Karen, don't worry, we know how busy you must be.
You said "Just wish Mum was in there getting the benefit from it rather than the person who will. Not once has she commented on how nice everywhere is looking." do you mean your Mum has been back there and seen it? How did she react? did she realise she wasn't going back there?

Jacky, gosh, I bet Molly did frighten you. Maybe the Vet will be able to tell you what it is in the morning.

Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Marion... sorry I didnt explain myself very well... no Mum hasnt been to her house since going in the home. When she has come up to our house, we have to go past hers and she hasnt recognised it. But the person I was referring to was the possible tenant (depending on credit checks) she is a 19 year old single mother, not working, getting the house paid for etc etc etc... need I say more. She pops in regularly, and never makes any comment on anything. We have bought a beautiful ceiling rose to go in the house, but after the Mother said she will have to paint it red and green (no way!!) I have said I dont want it going down there... we will hang on to it for the time being - it is so pretty with little rose buds and trailing leaves on it. Obviously if she does have the house... there will be Terms and Conditions and no way can she do any alterations without permission. She is getting £1,500 to get stuff for the house (a Government grant) (we are carpeting and curtaining (if that is a word!!) and yet she is still claiming for those items Rolling Eyes Mad
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:45 am

Karen R wrote: She is getting £1,500 to get stuff for the house (a Government grant) (we are carpeting and curtaining (if that is a word!!) and yet she is still claiming for those items Rolling Eyes Mad

That's what's wrong with the system, no wonder there is so much paperwork to fill in when claiming benefit and it's genuine people who suffer.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:00 am

very true Jacky... and what's more the girl is doing gardening for folk around the village... wonder whether she is declaring that money! very much doubt it.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down