The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thursday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thursday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thursday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thursday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thursday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thursday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thursday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday

5 posters

Go down

Thursday Empty Thursday

Post  Craftworker Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:17 am

Good morning all Very Happy Pleased to report that they let Sally home last night after a ct scan and nebuliser and have diagnosed pleurisy. Martin picked her up and she had armfuls of drugs - steroids, antibiotics, inhaler, but she was already so much better. At 4.00 this morning she got on the internet and found out she had passed her last 3 exams too cheers cheers cheers Just got one thing left to do which is a thesis to be fully qualified. Every lot of exams she has come home saying, she didn't think she had passed one of them Laughing Laughing The only test she has ever failed in her life was her driving test - 3 times.

Hugs to those who need one today, not sure what is happening yet - whether Sally is staying or going home so not sure what I will be doing until she gets up.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Thursday Empty Re: Thursday

Post  Karen R Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 am

Morning Jacky and all who follow..

Congratulations to Sally, wondered what the FB comment was!! Good news that Sally was allowed home - hope she is soon feeling better and hope she takes it easy for the time being!!!

Its wet and miserable out - but have to go out... so will wrap up, although its not cold.
Mum is having her tootsies cut and trimmed today, will stay with her while she has that done and then I have to go up to the village. Pension to get, parcels to post - one that I posted on Tuesday was returned to me yesterday No idea why as I had clearly marked my address as sender... so will sort that out.
Also collect tablets, and then back home to mums until the sitter arrives. Then its ME time!
We had a lady come out last night to measure up for some new wardrobes for Amy's room. She has quite a good sized bedroom, but its taken up with a big corner robe, so she is going to have a fitted one on the chimney breast wall, which also has a cupboard (at the moment filled with all her old toys... guess I am going to have to have a clear out!) So they are going to use that space as well. On paper it looks good.
Have a good day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:33 pm

thanks Karen. I have passed your message on. She is a really hard worker and emailed her boss first thing this morning to ask if he minded her taking today off and told him the story and he has ordered her not to come in again until at least Monday as she has been working too hard Very Happy She has just been promoted at work and had a 2 day handover last week. The fellow who she is taking over from is leaving the company but he has given her his email address and told her to email any problems to him and he will help as they haven't given enough time. Besides which she still hadn't really got over this virus but felt she had to go in so no wonder she has been knocked down again Mad She has said that next year she will have the flu jab cheers She has been offered it every year but hasn't bothered.

Wardrobes sound nice Karen, and make sure you make the most of the ME time Very Happy Hope you get your parcel sorted out - idiots. That happened to us at work a few years ago and it was all printed out on labels very clearly scratch
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Glad to hear Sally feeling a bit better and congratulations to her on passing her exams. Karen enjoy your ME time!

I need to wait in for travel money and a new phone today so will get stuff ready for card club tonight. Not feeling very inspired though. We're going to have a go at the " mind the gap" cards.
I ought to make another start on sorting garage out. We had decided to have a session at it this weekend then my neighbour came round yesterday to say she is having cavity wall insulation done and they need to get in my garage as that is the adjoining wall so that means I really do need to sort it as at the moment he wouldn't be able to get anywhere near it.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Morning Karen, Jacky, Sue and all who follow.

Karen enjoy your ME time. It must be a time for idiotic posties. I posted a parcel in December and I had it returned this morning to me. Like Karen I had to on one side and from on the other in big letters but the post office worker had put the stamp on the from side. The package was also torn and they had put a sticker on saying unable to deliver. I told the postie who gave it to me and he has told me to keep the packaging and claim for it.

Jacky glad to hear Sally is feeling better and congratulations on her passing her exams Smile

Sue hope you manage to sort your garage out.

(((HUGS))) to anyone who needs them

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Got the parcel sorted out... they couldnt understand why it had been returned to me as it was plain to see where it should have gone. Anyway, it should be on its merry way now!
We have had some sunshine! But clouding over now... not cold out thank goodness.

Going now to check out the farm!!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Good afternoon ladies glad to hear Sally is on the mend and congratulations on her passing all 3 exams. Been to aerobics and did some more zumba which im beginning to really enjoy. Hubby has managed to find a job doing the same HGV DRIVING from some contacts where he delivered to before, just hope it will be permanant. Big hugs to the poorlies and Lou.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 am

So glad that your hubby has already found new work Andrea Very Happy Great news as it is such a worry in these times. Glad you got your parcel sorted Karen. Sue, hope the garage got sorted - we are having that done next month so Martin will have to sort out ours and check next door too.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:03 pm

No it didn't get sorted - didn't even start. felt very shaky and shivery all day. Just been up to surgery to collect a prescription and waiting for him to phone me with results of urine test. Think I've got an infection again. Hope that's all it is and goes in a hurry as we're off to Egypt a week on Monday.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh no, hope it is something easy to fix - but it is how Ian & Martin started with their virus, they were over it within a week. Mine started with a cough that came from nowhere and then just really tired and shaky.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Sue...

keeping my fingers crossed for you - plenty of rest!!!
Whereabouts in Egypt are you going? We went years ago (2 days after they had that bombing) really liked it, hotels are beautiful.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Taba Heights hotel looks quite posh! Roy's daughter was there - different hotel last year and enjoyed it. Last time we went was 2001 and went to Cairo and cruised down Nile- fantastic. Only downside is the gippy tummy!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down