The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Saturday and the weekend EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Saturday and the weekend EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Saturday and the weekend EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Saturday and the weekend EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Saturday and the weekend EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Saturday and the weekend EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Saturday and the weekend EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Saturday and the weekend EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Saturday and the weekend EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Saturday and the weekend

+6
Jenny M
Andrea
LoopyLou
muppet73
cubbie66
lady of kent
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saturday and the weekend Empty Saturday and the weekend

Post  lady of kent Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:07 am

A very good morning to you all, how is everyone today, hugs to those who feel under the weather, Anyone got much planed for the weekend. 1st March Sunday just where is the year going to. It is not so cold this morning, but we had better make the most of it as they say it is turning colder again next. I do hope you have a good day, and take care lol! Janetx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Saturday and the weekend Empty Re: Saturday and the weekend

Post  cubbie66 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 am

Good morning Janet and all who follow. Nothing planned this weekend except some food shopping getting like old mother hubbard here Laughing
This year is slipping by so fast, your right Janet, where has the time gone Rolling Eyes
Hopefully it wont get as cold as it has been but we at least can blame someone now, Sue turned her thermostat down Wink
Have a good weekend all and take care xXx
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:11 am

Good morning Janet and Jan (who just slipped in whilst I was typing Very Happy ) and everyone that follow.

Going to bead jewellery class today so get to have a good natter, pick up good ideas and learn a new technique. Then on the down side grocery shopping, I keep putting it off but Jake and the cats need feeding Smile
Then this afternoon if it doesn't rain going to tackle the garden its looking a bit sad with all the old plants still in the planters, I was going to buy some new plants but I think they give frost again next week so maybe wait till next weekend for that.

Hope everyone has a lovely day whether your busy or taking it easy......enjoy Very Happy
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:14 am

I wonder Laughing
Why is food shopping such a drudge?? Cant stand it and will avoid it where ever possible, I would rather do some ironing lol!
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:19 am

Oh hang on a minute compared to ironing its not that bad lol!
When I was pregnant I use to do food shopping at 2am in the morning because I couldn't sleep and I actually quite enjoyed it then. Its just because its Saturday and everyone is going to be in there, BUT if your going do you want me to email you my list lol!
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:31 am

I think not lol! Screaming children and irate mothers oh the joy lol!
Think a Mackie D brekkie is in order though, I have been good all week Smile will have to wake Mike up Laughing
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:41 am

Just think though by doing my shopping you'll have 1 less irate mum and 1 less screaming child lol!
I can see I'm not going to win this one so MIKE WAKE UP and enjoy you brekkie Smile
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:44 am

I will do and think St Margarets sounds a nice place to eat it Smile
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:27 am

Good morning Janet, Di and Jan x

Not much planned for today except washing and tumbling the school uniforms!

May pop to Tesco's later coz I really wanna use my Tesco's vouchers to buy Ady (my hubby) a bottle of Southern Comfort as he is 40 tomorrow.... he said not to buy him anything as the party cost a bomb but I have saved my vouchers specially Twisted Evil

Have fun with the food shopping, all who have to do it.... I hate food shopping, there are so many nice things I can't have anymore Crying or Very sad I tend to do it online and then I am not so tempted!

As for the ironing... forget it! My hands don't wanna play!! I used to love doing the ironing and I always used to shove Disneys Mary Poppins in the video player and belt out all the songs Embarassed

Di.... have a great time at your class this afternoon hun x

Jan... enjoy your Makkie D brekkie xx

Hope all the rest who follow have a super Saturday xxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Good mornig ladies we have just done the dreaded food shop glad thats over for another week. Weather is a bit drizzly here, got the washer on for school clothes and more Very Happy but looks like it will have to go in the dryer. Hope to talk hubby into taking me to The Range today has i need a scalloped circle paper punch 2" cannot find one online and i need to browse there has its an alladins cave Very Happy Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing and hugs to those who need them.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Hope you find what u need Andrea, and lots more besides LOL!!!! Laughing lol!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Mornin All
Overcast here this mornin, but as yet no rain cheers
Hope you all have a great weekend

Jayne flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Morning all Smile A lovely relaxing weekend planned here, even if my body is forcing me into it hehe. Joanna Sheen on Sunday for 2hrs launching Messy Rabbit CD and some more new Messies, I'll be watching anyway but may pick up some ideas for the March swap. Just in case rabbits wins the polls he he Smile

Addy is going to love the voucher surprise hun Smile He will be even more chuffed knowing you have saved the vouchers for him, once he has finished telling you off that and that you should have spent it on you he he Smile I think we are both scheduled to be in hospital at the same time Lou and we are both kinda looking forward to it too he he Smile I've just remembered one of the treatments I used to have for my hands, they pour hot/warm candle type wax all over my hands until they have a beautiful thick layer on. Then they wrapped my hands in cling film and then warm fluffy towels and I had to lie down for 30 mins to let them take effect before they took the wax off. It was complete and utter heaven and my hands were so smooth and soft after and the tendons didn't hurt for a couple of days Smile I no longer qualify for that as I don't work, they did it so that I could continue to work as a PA - shows how far back it was he he.

Hope you all enjoy your relaxing weekends and that the dreaded food shop doesn't tire you out too much Smile

Hugs
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:57 pm

Morning all, you are an early lot on here. Very Happy Hope you all enjoy what you are doing today, I am off to the Crafty Cow to get my Art Impressions leaflet - I've got the stamps and to see if there is anything else I need. Then going to the new craft shop which has opened where Craft Central used to be to have a browse Laughing Laughing
Weather here is very overcast this morning, we were one of the hottest places yesterday so probably feels cold out there today. Martin has taken the dog for a walk so I am waiting for him to return. Enjoy your day Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:44 pm

I think I may well enjoy the candle wax treatment Jen!!!!

They have since told me that they may want me to go for 2 x 5 day sessions (two weeks on the trot) .... I don't know about that as I am worried it will upset Emily and she has her SATS (Yr 2) in May and I don't want her work to be affected. I had a quick word with her teacher yesterday and she doesn't seem to think it will be a problem... but I will talk to her more about it at her parents evening next week I think x I also had a letter from my doctors saying they are a bit worried about my blood results from Tuesday and they want me to have weekly blood tests for now... affraid my arm is gonna be like a pin cushion as they can only get it out of one LOL
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 pm

The good news Lou is that they are on top of it all now and monitoring you as they should have been a while back. It may seem a chore at the moment but at least they are trying to help control the RA enough for you to develop coping strategies rather than allow it to continue in a flared up state. Children are a lot tougher than you think and I think your daughter would be happier knowing that her mum was getting help rather than worrying about you being in pain at home Smile We as parents think that they are oblivious to such things but they pick up a lot more than we give them credit for at times. Smile Hugs and positive vibes to help you through all this.
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Back from brekkie and it was loverly Laughing
I like shopping online as well Lou, makes life much simpler and you then dont have to walk up the cream cake and chocie aisles dribbling lol!
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:56 pm

I like shopping online as well Lou, makes life much simpler and you then dont have to walk up the cream cake and chocie aisles dribbling

he he I have these visions of cartoon like characters with tongues dragging on the floor and eyes popping out whilst they salivate he he Smile

You'll have to provide us with full feedback of CC purchases and info on the new craft shop when you get back Jacky he he. Ours was taken over by the garden centre for 3 weeks then taken over again by Carol's Crafts. When I last popped in there it did seem to be an improvement under new management and looks as if they might at last have some decent card and items in there at reasonable prices Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Very true Jen.... I must admit it is good to know they are treating it properly now!

Jan... us diabetics gotta manage somehow! LOL
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:44 pm

Good morning ladies. A disappointing day for me. We were supposed to be going to the theatre at Woking to see Calendar Girls - had the tickets since before Christmas - but I have been up all night with upset tummy/food poisoning? and feel dreadful so tickets have gone to some friends. Did manage to get up and take Michael to work then straight back to bed. Only just got up. Jacky you must tell about the new craft shop - whether it is worth a visit. I looked on line a couple of days ago at the Country Market site to see if anyone had taken Craft Central over but it didn't say.

Was naughty yesterday and succumbed to ordering stamps and book from Ann but did it online as it was free P&P that way I don't get tempted into buying other things.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Morning all you are a chatty lot this morning, hubby had to go to work today hate it when he has to do saturdays, and i am baby sitting all day tomorrow 3 lovely children (not) well sometimes they can be 1 dog and 1 cat. am staying over night then me and sarah thats my daughter are going out on monday i think she wants to go looking at wedding dresses.

I have a problem girls i was looking forward to going to the nec next month to the craft show, and what have they put on the same time a wedding fair at the same place, has sarah was coming with me she dosnt sound to keen now.

That wax treatment sounds like heaven i have tendionitis in my right wrist and that sounds just right for that.

well off to pop more pills and have another cuppa have a couple of inserts to do for today its my daughters birthday today 32 she is dosnt seem five mins and now the grandchildren are growing up so quick as well where does time go to.

Back later take care all

Sue sorry to hear your not well what a shame about not been able to see calender girls hope you feel better soon.
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Was very good this morning. Got my leaflet and 4 Marvy pens from the Crafty Cow, was really going to give Anne her birthday card (have added it to my Gallery) that's why I didnt order online with the free P & P Laughing The new shop is Carole's Crafts too Jen. They have been open 5 weeks - I bumped into Celie there too Laughing Laughing They have some lovely decoupage sheets - looked like a lot of things there but when you really look it is mainly paper spread around and that, at the moment, is the last thing I need Very Happy They have got a workshop on Monday £10 with Debbi Moore, apparently they have 25 people booked in already and it is 10.30 - 3.30 but you have to book. The lady said they are getting more things in all the time. I just got 2 packs of the decoupage sheets, 2 sheets in a pack. How good am I Saturday and the weekend 10

Last edited by Craftworker on Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Lou, forgot to say Sats at for testing the teachers not the children, that's why they put pressure on the children to do well. It is to the teachers advantage and has no effect on the children so don't worry about whether your children may not do as well as they can. The same goes for Ofsted visits when they came to our playschool everything was planned to the last detail and it is soooo false Mad It's not as though we weren't doing the job properly in the first place but everything had to run smoothly Neutral
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Afternoon everyone. Hugs to everyone that needs them today.

Lou I wouldn't worry about your daughters SATS too much I was dreading them with Josh last year because I had been unwell and his Dad had been mucking about promising to take him and his sisters out and then not turning up etc but he got all level 3s. This year our school is not doing them at all as they are piloting a new scheme for the Government.

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile Smile Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks Jacky and Frances.... but I know the school very well as I am a Governor there.... that is the thing that is special about Emily's school..... they are so not contrived or false....

They just recently had an OFSTED report and they got an OUTSTANDING for the children's behaviour....... and for the Headteacher, every other mark was good....because they really do look after the kids like their own. I will be devastated when Emily leaves there in July Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I am hoping to remain as a Governor even after she leaves.... that is how much I love the school!!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down