The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Monday morning blues EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Monday morning blues EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Monday morning blues EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Monday morning blues EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Monday morning blues EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Monday morning blues EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday morning blues EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday morning blues EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Monday morning blues EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday morning blues

+6
muppet73
Andrea
cubbie66
lady of kent
Jenny M
poppytree
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Monday morning blues Empty Monday morning blues

Post  poppytree Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:03 am

All packed.....Sophie off to school....Emily OK now (but very hungry) and demanding stories
We leave for the airport in a couple of hours.

Much needed heavy rain last night and there's water in the creek for the first time. Still 16 degrees even though the sun hasn't appeared yet. (due to get up to 30 again on Wednesday and Thursday) We shall be in steamy Singapore this evening and looking forward to this short break.

Should be back on line on Friday - bye for now.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Monday morning blues Empty Re: Monday morning blues

Post  Jenny M Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:36 am

Bye Jane and have a great time in Singapore Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:01 am

Good morning Jane and Jen, and all who follow, Monday again...... Have a safe journey Jane, and a good day Jen. Just h-------K planned for today Sad Dolls house fair was very poor yesterday, wondered if it was the sign of the times, did managed to but a couple of bits and bobs. bounce It was lovely enough to mow the lawn when we got back, and start to sort he garden out, a really lovely spring day. Well what ever you do today have a good one and enjoy. lv Janetxx lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:18 am

Good morning all Smile
Start of another lovely day here so far, not much planned today just got to nip out this afternoon Rolling Eyes Was a glorious day yesterday, so much so the jackets got taken off and put in the back of the car and we were walking about in just t shirts felt so nice Smile Daft how 17.5 degrees feels so warm when it has been so cold, loads of people walking around in shirt sleeves and shorts, so typically British, we even saw people going down to the beach with picnics and buckets & spades lol!
You will be on your way now Jane but safe journey and speak to you on Friday Smile
Not good about the fair Janet, is it one you have been to before ?
Have a good day all and take care Smile
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:28 am

Good morning Jane , Jen, Janet, Jan and all who follow, looks like it could turn into a nice day today. Have a safe journey Jane not got anything planned for today, i'll see how i feel later. Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and hugs to those who need them Very Happy
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:41 am

Good morning Andrea sure is a lovely day out there Smile

Last edited by cubbie66 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:21 am

Good morning everyone.
Everyone should have another sunny day today, thats if you believe the forecast Rolling Eyes
Janet shame the dolls fair wasn't up to scratch, perhaps we'll have to seek out another card one to make up for it. I think Alexandra Palace is on next Very Happy
Oh well better get ready for work, have a good day everyone Very Happy
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:33 am

Alexandra Palace is 18/19th April isnt it, hmmmm one for the diary me thinks Laughing
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Morning!

Sorry havent been around much over the past few days. Went to the NEC on Saturday and had a good day there. Even came back with some £'s!!!! It wasnt as busy as it usually is - sign of the times???? But it was nice, cos you could get to see demo's and stuff. The really popular stands (Glitters Girls/JS etc) are usually 3/4 rows deep of people, but not on Saturday, not many at all.

Then yesterday we went to Lincoln to see Marley and Me at the cinema ... if you get the chance to see it - well worth it!!! But take a few tissues, the cinema dont supply them!!! Laughing Then we had a late lunch at a chinese buffet - very nice.

We have wall to wall sunshine today, and its really mild out as well.

Enjoy your day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Glorious here in the Midlands, again, it was beautiful yesterday too. Two poor days ahead, my GP just rang and I'm to go for an injection tomorrow (In my elbow I think, for suspected golfer's elbow, never heard of it and now it seems I possibly have it.) and my annual visit to the dreaded dentist Twisted Evil is on Wednesday. I break out in a cold sweat at the thought of the dentist, affraid and I know I need treatment thanks to a bit of Thornton's toffee removing part of a tooth a couple of weeks ago. (Nothing to do with me, it was entirely Thorntons' fault.) Chickened out of going then, I reasoned that I had to go this week anyway. (Not a very good excuse and now, of course, I wish I'd gone and got it over with.) Roll on Thursday, although I'll still have the filling/extraction hanging over me. (You know, I hear there are actually people who can contemplate a visit to the dentist with equanimity! Surely not!)
Enjoy whatever you're doing today., and keep away from the toffee.
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Good morning all x

Well I have had a bit of a crummy start to the day... on Friday I handed a letter in to my youngests school to resign as a Parent Governor... I have been one for nearly 2 years now but am finding the meetings a very big pain in the bottom! Sitting still on a rock hard chair for a 2 hour meeting gives me terrible backache and also they want us to start going on lots of courses and as I can't often hold a pen to write I don't want the school wasting its funds on a clapped out old nag like me lol! I had been thinking of resigning for a while but actually doing it was very sad. I had very little quality sleep last week so was a bit tearful and down so I decided to write a letter and then have a meet with the Headmistress when I wasn't feeling so 'precious' Embarassed I feel awful for letting them down, but as my hubby says I have to think of my health. So that's it now, they are going to put out a newsletter asking for new applicants so that I can stand down before the next full governors meeting in May. I have said I will still attend all the other meetings till they appoint a replacement. The headmistress was lovely, she even offered me a lift home LOL...I didn't take it but she could see I was struggling! I nearly fell headfirst down the stairs (from the top step) yesterday morning.... so being a bit wary on my knee at the moment!!

My hands are very achy today after that mammoth card making session yesterday but as that's self inflicted I am not complaining!!!!!

Have a safe trip to Singapore Jane and then the rest of your trip home .... if you get to swim at midnight again, wish upon a star for me!!!!

Christine... my dad has had those injections in his elbow and he has said they are not too bad hun, so try not to worry.... as for the dentists... I used to hate them too.... once bit my dentists finger when I was about 7 and got called a spoilt brat!! Mind you as soon as I had kids I seem to have been able to overcome it as I didn't want them to pick up my fear!

Karen... sounds like you have had a busy time of it lately hun!

Have a great day ladies xxxxxxxxx Big hugs for anyone who needs one xxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Morning all had a bit of a lie in this morning after all that walking yesterday round the nec, but i did take a antiinflamatry (SP) before i went, i tend to find if i do a lot of walking that is when my gout used to flare up, so was prepared for it. Back a bit sore today but thats what i expected.

Lou my doctor keeps telling me off because i dont always hold the bannister coming down stairs and my ankles give way sometimes, i think we should both move into bungalows that would be better wouldnt it. ha ha.

Not surprised your hands are a bit sore today after all that card making.

Christine where abouts do you live in the midlands i dont think there are many people who live in the west midlands on this forum you all seem to be round dover and kent way.

Right off for a cuppa and start popping pills ha ha.

Jane safe journey cant belive how quick your hols has gone.

take care all
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi Janette, sorry to hear you are suffering a bit this morning hun, keep taking those painkillers...

My problem with the bannisters is that mine are fastened to the wall...not on a small pole holding them away from the wall... so I can't get my hand round... just is there to grasp... need to change them but can't afford it at the moment and hubby is working so much so I guess it'll have to wait!! Rolling Eyes
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Glad you had a good time at the NEC ladies Smile
Christine there's only myself and Di who are in Dover, Janet in Herne Bay and Ellen in Deal (who we haven't met YET!) not sure who else is this way, we do seem to have met up a lot recently but thats because of Make It and common interests by other halves and son, plus we enjoy each others company and have a good natter Laughing We are actually going to have a craft day on 23rd or 24th May at mine so the boys are being packed off to see the trains and we along with Ellen are going to have a day of crafting just for us, bliss Very Happy
Lou I am sure the school realise what you go through to attend meetings and although will miss you do understand why Smile
As for the bannister problem maybe try and see if there is a local Freecycle on the web for your area, you can offer stuff that may do other people a turn or ask for things that you might need, as the name suggests it is free and it's surprising what people give away and ask for Neutral
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:20 pm

May be a good idea hun, was gonna wait and see what Occupational Health suggested as she said they would sort it... but if I have to wait till May I may have to just get it done x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Worth looking into just takes your time that's all and then pick it up if someone has one and then Ady will have another job to do Laughing
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Good afternoon ladies
Went to get cast off my son's arm today,
not to bad only 2 hours in hospital.
Then went to Tesco's seems ages since
I was there, havent really been anywhere
since I got sick, so I must be feeling better,
was nice to go out an spend some money Laughing
Hope you all have a great day

Jayne flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi ladies Smile Lou hun they will provide you with a rail, but you will have to ring them and say that you can't wait until May as its dangerous for you to go up and down as is. Sounds dramatic but they will come and do it quicker that way. If you wait until May for a decision it will be another month or two before they install it making it July or so - why should you wait for something that you are entitled to! Soap box time - if you don't contact them Aunty Jen will come and smack your batty again he he Smile

Bet your little un is so relieved to get the plaster off Jayne, and I'm really pleased that you felt good enough to get some shopping done and wander about Smile

Glad those of you that went to the NEC had a good time, even if you are suffering a touch now - its worth it though after doing something you want he he

If the injections are the steroid ones like I used to have in my knees, they are not painful but make sure you rest your arm for 24 hrs at least as they work more effectively if the joint is rested after injection.

You lot made me feel so lazy yesterday that I have got my summer clothes out of storage today and am part of the way sorting through what still fits, what I might want to take on holiday and packing away my winter clothes and those that no longer fit. I'm going through one of my ballooning out phases as I've been stressed lately and not eating, so time to get myself in order, eat daily and sleep longer each night he he. Seriously though with weather like this it makes it so much easier to have positive mental attitude Smile Hope it stays like this for the first week of April when I will be in Cornwall Smile

Hugs to all, back to the grindstone I go he he Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:16 pm

cally wrote:Christine where abouts do you live in the midlands i dont think there are many people who live in the west midlands on this forum you all seem to be round dover and kent way.

I don't know whether there are more forum members in Dover and Kent, but I think we have the Midlands covered anyway, Jan. Wink You're West, I'm East, and I think Karen is East Mids too. Perhaps the others just talk more? Smile
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Will ring Lorraine (OT) tomorrow Jen, I promise xxxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 pm

cubbie66 wrote:
Christine there's only myself and Di who are in Dover, Janet in Herne Bay and Ellen in Deal .... Neutral
Think you may have meant 'Jan'? Very Happy
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Christine wrote:
cubbie66 wrote:
Christine there's only myself and Di who are in Dover, Janet in Herne Bay and Ellen in Deal .... Neutral
Think you may have meant 'Jan'? Very Happy

Yes I did Christine sorry, why is it always you lol!
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:36 pm

It isn't any good asking me, I don't get confused. Very Happy Well, not with my name yet anyway. Very Happy
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:39 pm

I am a numpty sometimes and you will just have to forgive me lol!
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Well we won't disagree on that one ........ he he ! Give me a 3hr head start so that I can "run" well ok a John Cleese funny walk movement he he Smile

On the topic of our geography it seems that I am the Welsh contingent on here he he .... you poor things Wink
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down