The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Monday Blues EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Monday Blues EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Monday Blues EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Monday Blues EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Monday Blues EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Monday Blues EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday Blues EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday Blues EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Monday Blues EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday Blues

+5
lady of kent
Jenny M
poppytree
Crazy
mikki
9 posters

Go down

Monday Blues Empty Monday Blues

Post  mikki Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:20 am

Good morning Ladies and Gents,

If your back Ann I hope you had a good time on your holiday.

Sorry to all those of you who have to go to work Sad mind you I would love to go to work, it's funny really when your at work you can't wait for your holidays to come and wish you didn't have to work and when you can't work due to your health you wish you could, I think it's down to the fact that if you are unable to work the choice is taken away from you.

I am tidying my craft room today as I was given a printer/scanner/copier yesterday so I am going to set up my laptop down stairs with the printer and that will mean I can use my craft room more with out having to run up stairs to print stuff, it also does borderless printing and up to 280g card, so I can print out patterend card blanks.

Karen, my pasta with meatballs was really tastie, I would reccomend it.

Now I'm thinking of breakie, I brough some lemon curd yesterday so I think it will be that on toast this morning mmmmmmmmmmmm

Have a great day what ever you are doing.

xx
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

Monday Blues Empty Re: Monday Blues

Post  Crazy Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:56 am

Morning Mikki and all,

Bit of a nip in the air this morning, but it is dry.
Just getting ready to go to work. I know what you mean Mikki about the choice being taken away from you, it is far better when you have the choice and decide not to work because you don't want to and not because you are not able.

Hope you have fun with your new prinrer and scanner, its great getting new toys Very Happy
Well whatever everyone is doing today have a good one, catch you later.

Crazy (Lyn)

Crazy
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:42 am

Cool but bright here too. Off to a class soon (a bit underprepared but time ran out yesterday)
Doing a 'wire' class and making bees and butter/dragonflies.

Going to try a bit of gentle aerobics this afternoon as skin should be healed by now -hope so, cos the stitches come out on Wednesday! Make the most of the sun today girls - looks like it might rain tomorrow.

Good luck with the new printer Mikki. That reminds me.......I must have a go at making some (low sugar) Lemon Curd. I've got 4 lemons in the fridge!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 am

Mornin Ladies Very Happy
Back to work today Crying or Very sad someone has to pay the bills Rolling Eyes
Hope you all have a good day

Jayne flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:29 am

Morning ladies Smile Oh you lucky thing having a new printer to play with Mikki, and one that does up to 280gsm too, that's great Smile Is it a top feeder ? What make is it ? I may be looking to buy a new printer after Christmas as the ink cartridges on this one cost almost as much as a brand new printer and I need two of them Sad I know what you mean about the working thing, and as I usually tell people being off work permanently is brilliant if you are getting paid or have plenty of money. However, on benefits its no joke and you are very limited to what you can do, definitely none of the things you dream of when you are working. But, hey we deal with what we are given in life and nowadays I look around for free or cheap ways of entertainment, thus the picnic on the weekend he he.

Welcome back from your hols Anne, I was so glad that Wales treated you well weather wise, its such a shame it didn't do the same for Celie, bless.

How did it go in Ally Pally Sadie? did you have some great bargains? Smile

How are you feeling after the weekend Jayne, still on the road to recovery ? Just noticed that you posted that you are back to work today, don't forget to take it easy and allow yourself to adjust back in gradually Smile

Lovely weather here again in Cardiff, and I'm making the most of it by sitting outside cutting Christmas decoupage ready he he.
Hugs and positive vibes to all who need Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 pm

Good morning ladies, another Monday again, it is a lovely day here so far, but isnt it dark already in the early morning? Had a good time yesterday down the field, no rounders for me Razz I kept score Laughing it was so nice to have a good afternoon so late in the year. Well have a good day all and take care. lol! lol! Janet xx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Sorry to all those of you who have to go to work mind you I would love to go to work, it's funny really when your at work you can't wait for your holidays to come and wish you didn't have to work and when you can't work due to your health you wish you could, I think it's down to the fact that if you are unable to work the choice is taken away from you.

Oh Mikki have you hit the nail on the head or what?!!!
I do have to have patience and bite my tongue sometimes when Alan come in at night and moans about his day at the office
99 times out of 100 I manage it as I know things aren't so good there just now
I won't mention the 1 out of 100 times Embarassed Embarassed
I am so sorry about your news but sometimes things have a reason for happening
I hope you will take a BIG breath then fight for that other medication
Though you shouldn't need to fight for it that seems to be the way of things these days

Hope you kept the score right Janet Wink
Rounders..........now that brings back memories Smile

I love doing wire work Jane and it is a LOT easier than it looks Smile
Although I tend to feel so good about getting it right that I have to confess I have never used any of my attempts on my cards scratch

I didn't make it to AP Jenny Crying or Very sad
But I keep consoling myself thinking of all the pennies I saved Smile
And Alan did get quite a bit done in the house so not all was lost Smile
Is it perchance a Lexmark printer you have?
When I used to work in Rymans the customers used to always complain about the price of their cartridges
I have an HP copier/scanner/ printer and find that if I shop around I can usually get the cartridges at a reasonable price
The only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't top-loading and I am very limited with the weight of card I can put through it apart from that I am more than happy with it Very Happy

I hope you take it easy on your first week back Jayne
And that is an order from Aunty Sadie lol!
Scotty
Scotty
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 1797

https://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/Scotty_57/Cards/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Mine is a HP printer/scanner/copier too but the inks are £19.49 for the one and £18 for the other while the printer has been on the sales for £29 for the last few months; and I don't buy the black one as I use a black and white laser printer for non colour printing. Its only 1 year old but technology is such that it was out of date the minute it hit the stores he he. I know what you mean about the rotary feed limiting what you can do with it, mine has that problem too. I was talking to a craft shop owner on the weekend and she uses Epsom both at home and in the shop for her classes. Her third Epsom printer cost her £40 brand new a month ago and the inks are £11 for 3 colours and 1 black. She uses all three as she does so much printing, including things such as the Artylicious backgrounds which I love but dare not print as they are so ink intensive. One day he he Smile

Shame you didn't make it to AP Sadie, but as you said the bonus is that you saved money he he Smile My next show is end of Oct in Cardiff then the Feb one in Farnborough. My printer purchase will not be before that show he he Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:01 pm

I too have an HP 3 in one - with a black and coloured cartridge which came with my PC. Even buying recycled cartridges is expensive so I don't print coloured sheets very often. (Another reason why I also avoid card making CDs - they have lots of good ideas but printing costs can be very high - I find it still works out cheaper to buy or stamp/decorate my own background papers) I have acess to a good colour photocopier which prints A4 for 10p and A3 for 15P!

You often find that the more expensive printers are cheaper to run as the cartridges last longer and are cheaper to buy!

I've heard mixed reports about AP this year. Those of us that stayed at home may not posess the lastest 'must haves' (what were they anyway?) but we saved some money..............for now!

My Scottish roots are showing - I'm not really mean but like a good bargain and hate waste! I'm sure we all have things we've been tempted with and then hardly used.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Afternoon ladies!

Hope you are all well. All the little angels have gone home and I am now tidy!! Just got to sort tea out, dont know what concoction it will be tonight - quite fancy Mikki's Meatballs and Pasta... dont suppose there is any left Mikki??????

Well the weather is turning a bit cooler - hope it doesnt get too cold, we still havent got our heating sorted out. Our usual plumber still hasnt called back, so we have managed to get another one, but he cant get to us till Thursday afternoon - so it looks like bedsocks again tonight Smile

Have a lovely evening, might pop back later - take care
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  mikki Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:00 pm

I knew you would understand Scotty Smile

It an HP printer Jen, but I haven't played with it nor tidied up the craft room as I got side tract and started putting inserts in to all the cards I've made and then I had to make a load of envelopes as the cards were not regular sizes, and then I started to watch a scarey film.
So tomorrow I'm going to try again.

Sorry Karen Alan took the left over pasta to work today, he has braised lamb with roast pots and roast veg to night, I tend to have my veg soup most night, I love veg and buy loads of it so I make big pots of soup which I have during the day, it stops me eatting naughty food.

Have a great evening everyone.

xx
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Mikki.... naughty Alan!!!! I am afraid I dont like lamb, I was put off it when I was pregnant with Amy, hubby won the said meat and produced it one night, and that was the start of my morning sickness!
What scary film did you watch??? we watched one yesterday...Saw 3, bit gruesome and gory, but I hide behind a cushion in the scary parts Laughing
enjoy your soup!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 pm

Scarey films don't like em affraid
Hi all, been very busy today just a flying visit, hope everyone is ok Surprised)
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867
Registration date : 2008-07-05

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 am

Still no heating Karen? No We had intermittent heating and no hot water for nearly 6 weeks earlier in the year. I do sympathise with you. Hope its sorted soon.

Monday Blues 12Does it mean you have to keep busy to stay warm? Monday Blues 2
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:00 pm

lol!!!!

in a word.... NO!!!! Laughing
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Just a quick visit to catch up on all the posts Very Happy I have been away for a few days and now I have to catch up with housework, shopping, and card making. Guess what is coming first - well it is my brother's birthday and I have to send it off soon Laughing Laughing

Hope everyone is well - hugs to those who need them. Will chat later. Smile
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content