The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Monday morning blues EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Monday morning blues EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Monday morning blues EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Monday morning blues EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Monday morning blues EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Monday morning blues EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday morning blues EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday morning blues EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Monday morning blues EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday morning blues

+6
CraftyPat
Jenny M
LoopyLou
Craftworker
Karen R
Andrea
10 posters

Go down

Monday morning blues Empty Monday morning blues

Post  Andrea Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:12 am

Good morning ladies still dark out buy very cold , nothing planned for today except take crimbo decs downs. Kids are back at school so i can have a good tidy around. Hugs to any poorlies and take care when out its slippy here with the snow we had the other day.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Monday morning blues Empty Re: Monday morning blues

Post  Karen R Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 am

Morning Andrea and all who follow....

Well everyone has got me worried now - is today a Bank Holiday????
I am going to have to check Amy's school website to check to see if they are back today.
Dark, cold and frosty out. Plus the heating hadnt come on when I got up - will be nice and warm when the rest of the family get up!!!
Got the children coming soon, so better make a move!
Have a lovely day
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:54 am

Good morning Andrea, Karen and all who follow Very Happy Glad you got your days worked out Karen Laughing Laughing it does get very confusing though. It is -4.8 degrees here this morning and Martin has just gone out to play golf affraid must be mad or perhaps he has had enough of me lol! I am going to do some h*******k this morning while he is out of the way and then when he gets home he will be taking the decorations down, had enough of them now Smile He is at work tomorrow so will be able to craft as long as I like Very Happy Nice lot of things you bought yesterday Andrea have fun with them Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Good morning girlies!

Well the kids went off to school with a spring in their step and wearing their new bogey coloured uniforms.... well jade green anyway!! Shocked The headmistress (in her infinite wisdom Rolling Eyes ) decided that her kids were getting blamed for stuff other kids in a similar uniform were doing so decided to change it from navy to jade green. After issuing a whole year group with a free uniform just at the beginning of september... waste of funds if you ask me! So now they are allowed to wear either the navy with white t-shirts, the green with white t-shirts or green t-shirts ...oh ts all soooo confusing LOL I am going back to bed!!!

Oh blast, I cant Evil or Very Mad I have got to go and have a filling replaced...... said filling (a large one) vacated its hole about 3 months ago and the dentist has only just got round to giving me an appointment to re-fill it. I have been driven mental (ok MORE mental) this last few months trying to not get any food in it, pulling all sorts of faces and trying to get it out when we have rice! So am actually happy to be going today!

Then at lunchtime I have a big bod from Occupational Health coming round to assess the house..... she was talking stairlifts, walk in shower cubicles.... ramps, widening doors!!! Shocked But we'll have to wait and see.... mobility has become more of a problem lately with the cold and damp weather...... hopefully they can turn the light back on at the end of the tunnell!

Martin must be almost as mental as me Jacky.... GOLF????? Shocked Shocked

Karen... today is NOT a Bank Holiday hun!

Have fun tidying Andrea, my decs are staying up another day or so coz hubby trashed one of the decorations boxes and has himself only gone back to work today so he needs to get a replacement box from work!

Hugs to any poorlies.

Jane hope you're feeling a bit better now x Hugs

Jen.... did the snow brighten your SADS days? Has it all gone now? Or are you still in Normandie? If you don't answer then I guess thats a YES LOL

Last edited by LoopyLou on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz my fingers are cold and my typing is crappo!)
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Morning Karen and Jacky, got kids off to school so no bank holiday here Karen. I forgot put on my stash i also got some papermania stamps retail therapy and Anitas bag silhouette card shapes Very Happy i will enjoy using them Jacky . Morning Lou you snuck on in there hope all goes well at the dentist and occupational health
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:24 pm

Oh Lou, I hope you get all the help you need. Mum's wet room is brilliant, the shower is really good and she didn't have to pay a penny except that she chose to have a new loo and wash basin as she wanted everything white and hers was a yukky green Laughing A stairlift would be brilliant for you too even if it's just to put things on to take them upstairs on your good days when you can manage the stairs to keep your mobility up Very Happy Good luck at the dentist too Very Happy I like those retail therapy stamps too Andrea, but have decided to try and use some of the stamps I have never used before I buy any more Very Happy Wonder how long that resolution will last lol!
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:38 pm

I've just got back yesterday Lou Smile The sun is shining and its -6.5 but I'm happy and doing my normal few days rest after a holiday wears me out he he. The cruise was brilliant, and we had a great time on New Year's Eve too, I would recommend Heritage Tours to anyone as they were the best I have used so far. We met a lovely couple who live fairly near to here and we are planning on keeping in touch and meeting up occasionally Smile All in all a grand time. I now have a reality check and need to get the decs down today with loads of rests in-between Smile Even though the weather is very cold having the sun out makes it so much better, ok I know I'm in the house he he but hoping to go out for a walk tomorrow Smile

I'll catch up on all the goss later, did notice the smart new photo someone has - nice one Jane, how's your knee?

Hope everyone's health is panning out ok and that the kids all settle back into school easily for you all Smile

Hugs and condolences Jacky, hope the funeral wasn't too traumatic for you /hugs

Take care all and hugs and positive vibes for all.
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies

Back at work now, although everyone is very subdued (in shock at the frosty, early morning start I think).

We work flexi here and I think everyone will be disappear at 4 o/clock and make up any shortfall later in the week.

Put a lot of the Decs away yesterday and OH finishing the rest today as he is home until Weds.

Starting my crafting right this year though I have a normal morning class this Sat, then a full days flower punching
on the 16th and a day at the Glitterpot on the 23rd. Start as you mean to go on I say!!

Have a good day ladies and stay warm.

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Welcome back Jen, glad you enjoyed your time away Very Happy Didn't get to the funeral Jen as the forecast over in Gloucestershire was heavy snow and didn't want to get snowed in in Cheltenham. As it turns out Cheltenham just had rain all day but there was snow over the hills so we may have ran into some trouble. Glad you have started the year as you mean to go on Pat, I want to do some classes this year too, need inspiration, will have to see Anne Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Another bad night - awake till 4.00am Evil or Very Mad but managed 5 hours after that. Sleep Just had a late 'brunch' to warm us up and Clive has gone out to give the bus a check over before tomorrow's school run begins again.

Walking a little better today and not so much pain. hopefully the sun and warmth will help. Just seen the forecast for this week and it doesn't look good - plunging temperatures and more snow for us again. pale Hope we don't have the airport hastle like last year (15" snow, roads closed and minus 3) affraid

I've got my wire class tonight (about 16 expected) and am driving myself for the first time in a month - only 2 miles and quiet roads to negociate. Feeling a bit more possitive at last and the bright sun helps too. sunny Thanks for all your encouragement and kind words - thay really bucked me up. I love you

Took the cards down today, except for all the lovely home made ones from the forum and other crafting friends. They'll have pride of place for a couple more days. Off to make some veggie soup for later. cheers
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Jenny M wrote:I'

I'll catch up on all the goss later, did notice the smart new photo someone has - nice one Jane, how's your knee?

That top is only a couple of months old but it's too big now! Must remember to buy a size smaller next time! - One problem I don't mind having for once. Monday morning blues 2
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:49 pm

I am at the moment waiting for an OT to ring me regarding my mum. So far this week she has a Physio going to see her tomorrow - it has been suggested she has some light physio to help with her knees and back. Wednesday she has the council going in to have a look at the kitchen. The Sink unit/drawers are falling apart and the council dont seem to want to repair it... I think its past repair. We are after the council putting in a shower/wet room for her as well - as she struggles with the bath. The council dont want to do it, they are putting it in the hands of Social Services... literally being passed from pillar to post. Just so many things going on at the mo I can hardly keep up.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Glad you are back Jen and that the brighter weather is helping lift your spirits. Glad you had a lovely time!

Jane.. sorry you had another bad night hun x I love it when my dad makes veggie soup, my kids love it x

Karen.. hope the OT's get back to you about mum real soon, its a nightmare waiting, mind you I can't complain, I think I receive excellent treatment with all my problems..... I am very lucky.... not in health maybe but certainly in my medical team.

Hope hubby is OK now Pat, you had a very stressful end to your year, hoping 2010 is better for you hun x
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Andrea stash sounds great .... Jacky , I like yourself am planning on not buying more stamps for a while as I have loads and loads , many unused . Idon't need to buy anything for ages as I have so much , so Iam not going to ! I will have a spend up of crafty stuff after my holiday !Jen lovely to have you back and you sound very perky .Karen glad you got your days sorted out daft bat ! Jane glad you have a touch more mobility , fingers crossed your mobility will improve .Lou give em hell and hope they help you out . All those back at work hope it is'nt to bad ....Pat hope all your classes are fun .Is Jane Gill taking the flower punch one , she is brill , sadly not my thing but looks beautiful .
The darn snow settled here last night , was'nt to deep but enough to be a pain in the backside .
I've go to have a huge sort out of Dollies room affraid , then make a start on the huge pile of ironing .Micky wants sausage and mash for supper , think I'll have a ham and cheese omlette as I don't feel like sausages , I hink we has sooo much rich food and loads of meat Iam off it at the moment !
Hope all the Poorlies are feeling ok and that the dentist vist was ok Lou , I HATE THE Dentist and had to be put out or down when I had a problem before ! Have a good afternoon , keep warm xx Wink
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Off to my class soon. Didn't manage a nap this afternoon but hope to have a better night tonight. I've made a 'to-do' list to stop things going round and round in my head and there are 19 items on it so far which need to be done before we leave. Hope to start ticking them off gradually and not add too many more!

Looks like we'll miss the snow tomorrow according to the latest forecast but temperatures are getting down to -6 by the end of the week - urgh! Will have to make some more soup!

Hope the dentist wasn't too bad Lou, enjoy your stach Andrea, don't overdo the ironing Lexie, welcome back Je - glad you had a good holiday and stay warm everyone.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Just really wanted to say thank you to two card-sending early birds (I don't mind cards early, it's better than late, and much better than not at all! Smile ) Thank you whoever you are, I shan't open them until the 19th, but it was lovely to get them this morning, when I was stuck inside. Does it intrigue other friends and family when you receive cards from forum members? It does mine ("Do 'total strangers' send you cards, then?") so I have to explain, but my hubby has got it now and knew what today's cards were right away. I think he quite enjoys their arrival himself, and I love it, and sending them, especially thinking that a card of mine has winged it's way to a mantelpiece (or similar) in the USA Smile.

It is good to see you back Jen, I didn't know you were away and missed your 'he he's' .

I'm confused about today and bank holiday too, my diary says 'holiday in lieu of 2nd', and I haven't any idea what that's about. (It doesn't refer to Scotland either, which my hubby suggested.)

It hasn't snowed here today, but we had so much before that we still can't tell where the pavement ends and the road begins. Stayed in all day and watched too many craft shows, resisted everything, and then ordered from an e:mail this evening! Rolling Eyes (It looks like a Carol Wilson set, and I really hope it is, old-fashioned, but beautiful, and too good to miss.)

Thanks again for thinking of me with the cards, I hope you avoided the snow posting them! Hugs to everyone.
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:14 am

Class was fun - 16 turned up in spite of the trecherous icy roads.
They all enjoyed themselves and each made 2 cards.
Monday morning blues Th_DSCF5660 Monday morning blues Th_DSCF5661

Feeling really tired now and was on my feet all evening. Leg held out well and I was able to drive for the first time in a month! Feeling a bit happier now as I've made some more progress.

Of to bed with my book and a hot chocolate. sleep well!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:50 pm

It's a Bank Holiday in Scotland!!
topgran