The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
That goodness it's Friday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
That goodness it's Friday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
That goodness it's Friday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
That goodness it's Friday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
That goodness it's Friday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
That goodness it's Friday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
That goodness it's Friday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
That goodness it's Friday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
That goodness it's Friday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

That goodness it's Friday

+6
topgran
Karen R
craftymumof3
Andrea
Craftworker
muppet73
10 posters

Go down

That goodness it's Friday Empty That goodness it's Friday

Post  muppet73 Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:23 am

Well we've made all through another week, its been mayhem at work lately, 2 more weeks then the work dies down a bit and we manage to catch up with ourselves Shocked
Dry out of the window today but far to early for any sun yet, hopefully we can save it up for tomorrow.
Hope all the poolies are doing ok, good news on Lou being released back into the community lol! I bet her family miss her terribly not being at home.
Hope you get your inspiration today Jacky for Martin's card Smile

Have a lovely day everyone Very Happy
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

That goodness it's Friday Empty Re: That goodness it's Friday

Post  Craftworker Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:14 am

Good morning Di Very Happy and all who follow. Off to Sandown today so maybe get some inspiration from there Laughing Laughing Could be cheaper to buy a card lol! Sun looks as though it's trying to come out here and I have 2 little blue tits going in and out of the bird box by the back door. Never had any birds in it yet in the 2 years its been there, but a bit late for nesting Rolling Eyes

Hope you all have a good day - whatever you are doing. Hugs to any poorlies out there Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:56 am

Good dmorning Di,Jacky and all who follow, must be very cold there then Jacky if you have two little blue tits bobing in and out Shocked sorry could not resist Very Happy Not a very good day here its like a typical September morning cold and grey, got my eyebrows plucked later and will go on the flab shaker Very Happy then hopefully food shop in the afternoon if hubby is home early. Great news Lou well done. Hugs to the poorlies i am hopefully going to shipley tomorrow to the Kanban shop (thanks Janet)hope theres lots of goodies for me to get Very Happy
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Morning everyone. It's freezing cold here. Last night Michaela and I went up to look around the local high school and it's very impressive. She has another one to look around in 10 days time then she has to make up her mind which one she prefers so that I can get her option form returned to County Hall Smile

Not doing much today. Have a nice day whatever you are doing Smile Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Afternoon ladies...

Had a busy morning.. went into town with my Mum this morning. She had to have a retinopathy/eye test. I also saw some frames that I liked - so next week when I have a bit more time, will go in to sort out another pair for myself. That test took the best part of an hour, so I managed to get done what I had to.
Sun is out, but its still a bit cool.
Dont forget that the Dancing starts tonight at 8.00 pm... will have to tape tomorrows programme as X Factor is on at the same time.
Well I better go... no cupboard cleaning today!!!
Have a lovely day, take care and thank you for all your support.
Oh and Andrea.... dont spend too much!!!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Been to shops and stocked up on milk for Roy! Considering putting the heating on as I'm really cold. Decided to give Sandown a miss as back still not 100% and will miss Ally pally next week as Roy will be in hospital. Never mind - think of all the money I'm saving!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi ladies Smile

You're finally going to Kanban Andrea - well there's only one thing for it, you have to share your goodies with us so that we can drool along with you he he Smile Seriously though let me know how you get on there, I'm not green honestly Smile I will get to go one day hehe

Hope you enjoy the shows those of you that are going, the same applies to you girls, we want to know what goodies you got he he I promise I will share my purchases when I go to the Cardiff one on 1st Oct Smile

I finally caught up with downloading some photos so will update my gallery soon. I've also got a couple of photos to share with you on the psp section for those of you clever enough to work on them to use them for cards.
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Had a great morning at Sandown, had to leave before I spent any more Shocked Treated myself to a Hot Foiling Wizard, as I have tried it out at the last few shows I have been too Very Happy Andrea Embarassed Embarassed lol! It was cold here this morning too Laughing Have a good day at Kanban Very Happy You are right Sue, you would have saved a fair bit not going to Sandown. I was tempted with a few Butterfly Kisses stamps too, but there were several things I was tempted with but walked away from Laughing Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:16 pm

I fancy the idea of the hot foiling wizard after seeing what Joanna Sheen did with hers, but not sure if I would use it enough to buy one. You lucky thing Jacky Smile I have done a similar version by embossing an image and putting foil on to the hot embossing quickly then taking it off and it leaves a foiled image but looks like a distressed one Smile This was the one I did
That goodness it's Friday Th_IMG_0385edited
doesn't really show it off properly but I'm sure you'll get what I am babbling on about he he Smile

I'm going to find my resistance waning when I can see it demonstrated in a show, I can just feel the resistance falling down he he
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:23 pm

I haven't seen Joanna Sheen use it. I have only seen it at shows and the last time at Newbury I almost bought it but I had spent so much that day I resisted then regretted it. This time I went straight there first Laughing Laughing I was telling the man I used to work with that I was thinking of getting one and he said he resisted getting one at Newbury too and told his wife as they were heading to the car that he wished he had got one, so he phoned up when he got home and bought it over the phone Laughing Laughing He says he uses his a lot Very Happy

Like the card Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:36 pm

What a lovely card Jenny. So glad you had a good day at Sandown Jacky. Have a great time at Kanban Andrea, get hubby a large coffee or two while he waits. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Nice and sunny here. I do hope you all have a great weekend, another `pony party` sitting weekend for me Razz Its great to hear Lou will be back with us soon bless her bounce lv Janetx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:06 pm

Just looked on the website and its shut tomorrow Sad they are only open certain saturdays , so hubby says if he is off one day next week we will have a run out there Very Happy Very Happy
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:38 am

Lovely card really pretty , but I wish I knew what you are talking abou , well probably good that I don't as I 'd probably want one ...I can resist every thing but temptation ,,, Shame Andrea about Kanban being closed they have really upped there game lately and there are some truly lovely papers card etc to be had. Not doing ally pally or Sandown this year, just have'nt got time or money at moment , the car needs a new clutch and got Rupes 18th in Nov and his car needs some work doing soo am for going..... Mad You can't do it all , as much as I 'd like to . lol! Now I am worried is this me speaking or have aliens tgaken me awya nd but someone sensible in my place ...... lol!
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:14 am

Lovely card Jen Very Happy

I didn't know what a hot foiling wizard looked liked but thought it would be the same type of process that we do at work but obviously we have large presses.

Your new toy looks great Jacky but for those that want a cheaper option I found a posting on another forum.

You can acheive the same effect with a black laser printer or anything that has been photocopied, foils and a travel iron.
Just rub on foils over the black image/text, put a sheet of copy paper on top and use the iron on low.
Its the toner that it is used in these processes which make the foil stick to it and even if you did the photocopies a while back the foil will still stick to it once heated up.

I haven't tried it yet but its worth a go Very Happy
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:22 am

They had one of those at the show too Di, but it means getting a laser printer, doesnt work with inkjet. Had a go with a sheet I had photocopied and stuck to some bits and not others. The wizard is just like a small soldering iron with a stylus on the end to draw with - you use it with traced images or stencils. I tried it with the encaustic art stylus but it's not easy to be accurate as you hold it too far up so resorted to paying the money for the smaller one. Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:36 pm

I hadn't thought of using the encaustic art tools, doh it would have saved me lots of rather hot experiences doing it my way he he.
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Craftworker wrote: I have 2 little blue tits going in and out of the bird box by the back door. Never had any birds in it yet in the 2 years its been there,

Just a thought, as I'm no expert, but it seems a waste of a good nesting box not to have it in use. We always have tits in our boxes since we relocated ours, after gleaning, I think from an RSPB book, that boxes are best facing East. It could be coincidence, but it's worked for us, so may be worth considering. Smile Good luck for next year.
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:39 am

Thanks for the advice Christine - trouble is that's where it is facing Neutral quite by chance though as we didnt know they were fussy Laughing Laughing Hopefully, now that they have found it, it might be used next year Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 am

Help ???? WHAT IS A HOT FOILING WIZARD ??? This could be important I could be missing out wha is it ???? sounds like I need or want one ... please someone put me out of my misery and tell me..... Very Happy lexie
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:00 am

Lexie, it is like a soldering iron which you use over the hot foiling sheets for writing or drawing. I have made a card and put it in my gallery Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down