The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday

+7
Jenny M
lexiecraft
Craftworker
LoopyLou
Andrea
muppet73
Karen R
11 posters

Go down

Wednesday Empty Wednesday

Post  Karen R Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 am

Morning..

a bit dark out at the moment. Didnt sleep too well, (didnt think I would anyway!) my throat is so painful - so going to see if I can get in to see the Dr today.
Keith phoned me last night, he goes down at 12.00 for his op.. he has to have an epidural to start with then, General Anaesthetic.. they are only going to collapse one lung . Dont know how long the op will last, but will phone at 5.00, hopefully get some news.
Going to get some of those jobs I have been saving up!!! Must not turn tv on, or the puter. Think I will do the bedrooms to start with.
Have a good day. Will let you know what is happening when I can.

Thank you xxx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Empty Re: Wednesday

Post  muppet73 Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:03 am

Good morning Karen and all those follow.
If you can't each to see a dr today Karen try a throat spray as they really help, but it sounds like it is so sore now that you need antibotics to shift it.
Hope Keith's op goes ok today and don't do too much h*******k today you deserve a bit of time to chill out.
Jan and Jane hope your both feeling better today oh and Lou hope your hands are working a bit better today for you. Hugs to you all Very Happy
Have a lovely day Smile
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 am

Good morning Karen , Di and all who follow , good luck for today Keith. Hope the poorlies are feeling better and Lou hope your hands are okay , i keep laughing at your lovely hat just seen it on facebook. Enjoy your day if you are off out. Right need to get on my games now Very Happy
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:23 am

Morning all,

Hope the op goes well Karen, I am sure Keith will be fine and giving the nurses hassle in no time hun x Big hugs, I know it is such an anxious time waiting around for news xxx Also hope your throat settles down and you get some sleep tonight x Stress makes your immune system crud.... you poor hun x

My hands are not too bad thanks today ladies, going to put on my new thermal gloves when I go out this morning.... mind you it's raining slightly so my trip to visit my friends may well be off if it keeps up Sad

Hope any poorlies are starting to turn the corner..... and any working peeps have a stress free day at work xxx

Oh and I plan on wearing my gorgeous hat all day!!!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:57 am

Good morning all Very Happy Horrible drizzly weather when I got up but think it has stopped now, will soon see when I go down for the paper Laughing Martin is at work, I have made some butternut squash soup, love soup when the weather gets like this, just got to put it through the blender now Very Happy That's my lunch sorted Laughing Laughing Made my ATCs yesterday , got another 3 birthday cards to make for this month so think I will make a start on them. Got to sort out my Farm Town on facebook first though Laughing Laughing spend far to much time on it but am competing with my Brother in Law Laughing Laughing Nearly there now Very Happy

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing, Karen you should rest with a sore throat, your immune system works better when you are resting and when my throat was really hurting the doctor just recommended gargling with soluble asprin in water. I used Aspro clear as you don't get the bits in it and it worked very quickly Very Happy Stung a bit when doing it but then seemed to numb it and it had gone after a couple of days. You can also do it several times a day if you dont drink it, but drinking it afterwards helps too but don't overdose Laughing Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 am

Karen stuff the h*******k , far to boring watch telly , have a bath , dance around what ever rocks your boat but please no turfing ou bedrooms , we shall all be thinking of you, i'll say a prayer for you and Keih and what ever you do GET TO THE DRS , your throat has been hanging about a bit too , hope Jan is also feeling better now, I feel antibiotics all round ! Hope Karen your day is'nt too anxious . Big hugs to everyone , I can't believe its the middle of October already .... so be feb and I 'll be on my holiday !!!!Really missing my mum at momemt . Sad Have a lovely day I am off out for lunch with a couple og girlfriends Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 am

Morning ladies, I'll get the nagging done first off - Karen ....head to the doctors then take it easy, crafting, watching TV, reading whatever relaxes you the most, we all have our fingers crossed for Keith so have that covered for you, you just have to start looking after yourself so that you can look after him when he comes out Smile

Jan .... hope you went to the doctors and are staying home from work to allow your body to recover properly Smile

Hope your hands are playing fair today Lou and that the hat and thermal gloves helped he he Smile

Heck why not tell everyone to chill out, relax and help their immune system cope with the winter ahead of us he he Smile

I'm playing catch-up after my holiday still and want to get Nov birthday cards out before the postal strike next week. My online gaming mates thought I was ill as I haven't been on there for a while either, so I just had to play for an hour or so last night to put their minds at rest he he .... I really didn't want to geek geek I want to try and get out for a walk as well some time today as the weather is gorgeous yet again.

Hugs for all
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Afternoon Ladies, Jan I hope you feel a little better, Lou it is a great hat, Karen I do hope all goes well, and that you feel better soon, enjoy the soup Jacky, Have a good card making afternoon Jenny, did you get to Kanban? Warm hugs to all the poorlies, takre care all and have a good afternoon and evening lol! lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi there,

Just got back from the hospital.......

Whilst I was there I had a fall, got all upset, cannot hold my
stick properly because of my gammy fingers and hand... so they
took me round to the Rheumatology Dept but my consultant had just
left and there was no one who could do the injection I needed, so
they are gonna phone him and ask if he can see me tomorrow as he
is at the hossy for a short while in the morning and I am also
at the hossy tomorrow for an early 8am blood test..... so am waiting
for a call back.....

Hand is now absolutely killing as is knee where I twisted it as I
lunged forwards I really don't want to let this get back to the
summer when I couldn't move far or get upstairs. I cannot even curl
my fingers round the bannister rail either..... oh blast Evil or Very Mad ..... and I was
feeling so positive this morning

Hopefully my consultant will agree to do it in the morning, as his
secretary said I cannot go on like this as I will be immobile again
very speedily.... and that is the last thing I want.

Other than that though.... until I fell..... I had a lovely catch up with
my friends and drank 3 cuppachinos!! LOL..... maybe thats why
I didn't hit the floor totally, coz I was flying on the caffeine! Shame
that such a nice enjoyable morning ended in me in tears and hardly
able to move!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Just had a phone call from the hospital and my consultants
secretary said they cannot fit me in till 10am NEXT WEDNESDAY

Can I scream now please......?
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Scream away Lou, you poor thing - I could cry for you Sad What a shame your morning has been spoilt. I can't believe he couldnt have made time for you tomorrow when you are there, how long does an injection take for goodness sake Evil or Very Mad
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Afternoon ladies. Had scrapbooking class this morning so got two pages to finish off before next week but am totally stuck as to what to call them!
Karen hope you get to drs and get your throat sorted and that all goes well for Keith this afternoon.
Lou can't someone else give the injection - does it have to be the consultant?

Jacky hope you enjoyed your soup - i really like butternut squash soup.

Jan hope you're feeling better too.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmicfairy Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi there ladies love and hugs to all Karen i have been praying for you and krith hun here's to a pain free anfd fast recovery, dont over do things and take care. Sending ((BIG HUGS))
Lou ooooo hun i really feel for you is there no one else that can give you the injection?? surly someone must be ableto do something for you. Send ((big hugs)) to you to. Love and hugs to all that would like one and to those that need them love to all take care.xxxxxxxxx
cosmicfairy
cosmicfairy
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Good evening Ladies

Lou I am Sorry to hear what started as such a fun day ended so badly for you. They are really testing your happy
personality this year aren't they.

Karen, I hope the news from the hospital is good for you tonight and that you managed to get into the Drs as
you will need to be feeling a lot better to cope with looking after Keith, in a way it is probably down to all the running
around behind him already that has left you run down enough to be suffering like you are.

Hope all the other poorlies are starting to turn the corner now.

Keep smiling everyone

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 pm

lady of kent wrote: Have a good card making afternoon Jenny, did you get to Kanban?

Oh yes it was brilliant even more so as Pete kept saying on the way up that it would take us too far out of our way so we wouldn't be going - then kapam!!! there it was in all its glory Smile I ended up staying there for 2 hrs slowly filling up 2 boxes, and a few things from the outer room too he he - we actually skipped lunch as we'd been there so long, oops but it was great fun Smile

I haven't had a chance to unpack the boxes and drool yet, but I will next week he he Smile

Poor Lou you really are in the wars again hun, I'm sure the sister or someone could give you the injection. What are they injecting ? is it steroid ? My niece has RA and she went through a bad year or so before they were able to settle it down and control it with the right meds for her. She is now back in work, travels around the world and you wouldn't know she even has it and its only 2 years since she thought she would be permanently immobile. So don't despair too much, there is hope on the horizon, it just feels very far away at the moment I expect - hugs zooming your way hun Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Well... I phoned at 5.00 and was told to ring back in a couple of hours, rang at 7.00 and he still wasnt back. Rang at 7.30 and he had just got back. The Staff Nurse just said he was comfortable, total pain relief and was sleeping. I explained about my throat and she has told me not to go in.... got a bit upset when she said that, but to be honest - I was expecting it anyway.
I have an appointment for tomorrow morning, so hopefully a dose of antibiotics will get rid of it.
Havent done a great deal today did go on the puter, and of all days, got a virus and corrupt files Embarassed I tried AVG and it said everything was in order - so I turned it off and wont go back on that puter till I speak to Keith!
So... not going to be long till I go to bed - got some throat pastilles, but they are not doing much. So this calls for desperate measures..... a good drop of Southern Comfort for me!!

Thank you so much for your kind words xxxx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmicfairy Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Oh bless you Karen i know you want to go and see him but best to stay away and go to the docors and feel better yourself to hun. You will have to check which throat lozenges they are think they are called Dequacaine they are dual action formula for severe sore throats. Local anaesthetic numbs throat pain. Anti-bacterial agent attacks sore throat infections. They are fantastic and i swear by them so do a lot of friends they really are good. Hope they help you take care love and cuddles.xxxx
cosmicfairy
cosmicfairy
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 am

Shame Karen or try Tirroccettes they are excellent for sore throats,Hope when you speak to Keith its all good news , thinking abou you. I had a nice day today , went out for lunch with 2 girlfriends and then out for supper tonight , one of my friends did the ' playtex Moon Walk earlier in the year and we tried to get places for next year , I defnetly have'nt got a place but there is one other way I can apply so i'll try tomorrow.Big Hugs to all that need them , and especially to Lou , I am sure my hand is'nt any where nearly as bad as yours and mine is really painful at moment , so what you must be going through , shame lovelie , speak tomorrow , night everyone Sleep Sleep
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:21 pm

So glad you enjoyed Kanban Jenny. bounce bounce bounce
lady of kent