The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Monday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Monday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Monday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Monday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Monday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Monday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Monday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday

+4
poppytree
Craftworker
LoopyLou
Karen R
8 posters

Go down

Monday Empty Monday

Post  Karen R Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:13 am

We are sat waiting for the hospital transport to arrive. Neither one of us slept very well... will be glad when today is over.
Dont know what the weather is going to do today... abit too early!! But at least the wind has dropped.
Going to try and keep myself occupied as much as I can - have a lovely day .
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Monday Empty Re: Monday

Post  LoopyLou Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:23 am

Good morning Karen and a nervous Keith I should imagine!

Hope all goes to plan today hun x Will be thinking of you all x

I seem to have come down with a chill, got a horrid headache, cough and sore throat... still walking like a duck.... and I am also a bit stressed....cos my darling eldest daughter walked to school with her friend for the first time today and should have phoned me or text me when she got there...but hasn't........neither did the other girl text or phone her mum....

I know I know she has probably forgot and was just excited and it slipped her mind...but it was important that she remembered to today so I know she had remembered the route to school right..... Sad The one comfort I (and the other mum) have is that they have this fingerprint registration in classes now so I would have heard by now if she hadn't been in her first class.... so guess who will be getting an earful this afternoon !!!!

OH GOD.... can I have some hugs please????? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Feeling very sorry for myself..... Rolling Eyes

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:57 am

Awww Lou... sending you big hugs, its so hard and you cant help it! I am exactly the same with Amy and she is 17!!! She is going to her friends tomorrow for a BBQ, its only a couple of miles - but she will still text me to let me know she is there. Thank heavens for mobiles I say!!
Keith went at 7.00 and phoned me at 8.30 to let me know he was just going down to theatre. Going to keep myself busy today with IRONING!!! Laughing Also had a call from the Social Worker to let me know as from today Mum is getting an extra call at lunchtime - it is only temporary while things are a bit hectic here. Mum says she will cope, but I need to know she is eating properly.
Hope you feel better soon Lou xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:01 pm

I am sure your mum will be ok hun, you need to concentrate on you, Keith and the kids for a little bit. She understands I am sure.

Glad Keith has gone down nice and early x Fingers crossed xxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:33 pm

Awww big hugs to both of you Very Happy Lou, I was so lucky when Sally went off to school as the girl next door is a year older than her and the one round the corner 2 years older and they all went together. It was the main road I worried about but they went down the side streets and popped out opposite the school and there is a zebra crossing there on a hump. Ian just went with his best friend round the corner and they did that until they left school Laughing They don't see each other at all now - lost touch when they went to Uni although neither had moved house until they moved into there own places. Seemed strange as Sally is in touch with so many of her old school friends and her Uni friends. Hope you hear news soon that Keith is out of theatre Karen, and enjoy that ironing. I suppose it does come in handy sometimes Laughing Sometimes I think mobiles are a blessing but sometimes it's better not to know until after the event. Sally phoned us from Oz to say she was on her way to hospital as the doctor thought she had appendicitus at 1.00 in the morning, we were up all night waiting for her to phone to say what was happening, then went on the computer to google the hospital in Sydney as we couldnt remember what she had said, found the phone number. When we phoned, they told us that she had just come out of the theatre, and 10 mins later she phoned us affraid

Right, must get off the computer and finish a couple of cards which I have started. Take care all, and hugs for anyone else that needs one today Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Big hugs to Lou and Karen - thinking of you. Hang in there girls, the day will soon be over.

Leisurely morning in bed reading, nice shower and (h)air dry so now ready to face the world again - better late than never. Where has the morning gone? Off to watch the end of U Be Dead on IPlayer as I coundn't stay awake for the last half hour!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Afternoon everyone. It's very windy here today and when I took the kids to school there were a lot of branches down in the playground and field so it looks like the caretaker will have a busy day. Michaela phoned me from her outside her friends house this morning to say her friend wasn't there so she had to walk to school on her own. Like your daughter Lou she was supposed to text or phone to say she had got there but didn't. I'm hoping she did but then again I haven't had a call from school asking where she is so I guess she just forgot to text.

Karen I hope Keith gets on Ok and you hear from him soon.

(((HUGS))) to anyone who needs them

Have a good dday whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Afternoon ladies. Sounds like there's a lot of big hugs needed all round! Has a doctor's appointment first thing and thought I would get caught up in school traffic but apparently they haven't gone back yet! Got some pills but he told me to read the leaflet as they can cause side effects! Having read it not sure I want to take them as the treatment sounds worse than the problem!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Clive drives a school bus and had a new route and school today - should have picked up 19 children at 4 destinations. Nobody at first 3 stops and he waited ages at each one then drove past the 4th stop as there was no-one there. Just a trickle of kids at the school, mainly 6th formers so he hasn't a clue what's going on.

Typically 1 child turned up late at the final stop and phoned to complain! He is doing the afternoon run but it seems silly having 1 child on a 24 seater coach. I suspect it was an 'inset' day and they forgot to tell him.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Good afternoon ladies sorry ive been absent from forum for a few weeks but i needed to take time out while the kids were off . Big hugs to you Lou hope you are feeling better soon. Hows Keith Karen ? hopes he is better soon after his op. Well its gone so fast the school hols me and the kids have done quite a bit together going places and we have been camping twice which i really enjoyed. I too have been a bit depressed about my weight i lost quite a bit at the beginning of the year and then put it all back on Sad but the thing that was bothering me was my bump , ever since having kids its not really gone down and looks like im pregnant and ready to drop Shocked . It got to me because a couple of ladies up at school asked when i was due Sad that did it so i went to the drs to see what could be done. To cut a long story short i have been referred to do some excercise at the metrode a bit fitness place and i am going on walks regulary with a health trainer. Here comes the bad bit ive had a few blood tests for liver , cholestral and diabetes, went in today to discuss results to be floored by ive got diabetes Shocked i was besides myself but waited till i got out of the surgey before i broke down. Anyway i know its not the end of the world and it can be managed my dad has had it for twenty three years and copes well. There thats my rant over and big hug to poorlies.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Sorry you've had a shock after the blood tests etc. Andrea. Is it type 1 or 2 diabetes? Diet and exercise can really help so keep it up.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Oh Andrea - there is so much diabetes about, my Mum has it too - big hugs to you and I am sure once you get over the shock you will be fine Very Happy I find Pilates helps with the bump. I am not overweight but still have the bump, and did get rid of it when I did Pilates but you have to keep it up. Must start up again.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Aww thanks Jacky will look into the pilates x
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Think hugs are needed all around .... we still have no school for Dulcie who jus seems to sleep all he time , I am a bit worried as she sleeps well at night to ???? I LOVE Sleep and like nothing bettter than a nap , but Iam 50 not 16! but she had a email reminding her that Rangers was sttartting again tonight ,so her dad has dropped her and Iam picking her up at 9.30 !
Been working today , tomorrow and wednesday getting ready for the weekend eventt , I refused to work this weekend and Iam off from thursday till monday, then I've cut 'em down as I 've got my other Duty Manger job , which even though its unpaid I Love it and have a good laugh up there !
Hope our poorlies are all doing ok , Jane you seem to be doing greatt but don't over do it !
Take care everyone x Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:01 am

Put some cards up on the gallery Stamping Bella Tea Pot Girls , hope you like 'em , Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down