The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thundery Thursday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thundery Thursday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thundery Thursday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thundery Thursday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thundery Thursday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thundery Thursday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thundery Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thundery Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thundery Thursday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thundery Thursday

+4
lexiecraft
Craftworker
poppytree
Karen R
8 posters

Go down

Thundery Thursday Empty Thundery Thursday

Post  Karen R Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Morning..

Well its not thundering... but it looks like it could do!!
Not much doing here today. Hope to have a walk up into the village if the rain keeps off... I was up at 7.00 and could see a bit of blue sky... but its clouded over and and looks like rain now.
Have a good day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Thundery Thursday Empty Re: Thundery Thursday

Post  poppytree Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Couldn't believe the noise of the wind through the trees last night - had to shut the windows as it kept waking me up. Still windy and a little cooler but bright sunshine now.

Putting yet more cards in plastic bags ready for Saturday's sale - have about 200 to get rid of and nearly 100 wooden stamps. I've also made 10 necklaces (french knitting) and may take some quality but old magazines (USA and Aussie) to seel.

Apart from the necklaces (£3) everything else is going for £1 (2,3 or 4 cards in a pack) Chip as chips but I need to clear as much as I can.

Have a good day whatever you are doing.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Thundery Thursday Th_IMG_0041 Thundery Thursday Th_IMG_0046 Thundery Thursday Th_IMG_0047 Thundery Thursday Th_IMG_0049 Thundery Thursday Th_IMG_0043

A few photos from our walk on Tuesday. Good morning Karen, Jane and all who follow. It was very windy here too last night Jane - you have got a lot to sell, are you sure you don't want to pack them all up and ship them over to Oz. Hope the rain stays off for you Karen.

Going to carry on doing my Christmas cards and try to stay away from the computer today. I can catch up on my phone but can't farm and it's difficult to type in comments on it so the computer will be going off for at least a few hours Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Good Morning all, very windy here last night, buy nice here today still blustery so I've put washing out.Done the
ironing and am going to get my butt upstairs and do some cards , and my friend has choosen her beads and wants a necklace made , I'll also do earings to match .... one present less to buy ! I've started another necklace for another friendbut Might take some of the darker beads off as it looks a bit drab ... well I think so !
Hope everyone has a good day , take care and hugs to anyone who needs one ... oh blow it hugs to all !
Chat later x Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Lovely pictures Jacky.
Keep an eye on that sky Lexie - rain due soon!

Posted my swap card but needed some large stamps for the ATCs - they'll go tomorrow
Done the monthly challenge so that's me finished for the month.

Now I can concentrate on class samples and the rest of my Christmas cards.

Still got plenty of stuff to ship to Oz but want to get rid of the stuff I don't need anymore and all my old card samples
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Morning ladies. Well so far I am keeping up with my target of 2 Christmas cards a day! Been surfing the web this morning for printers - nothing wrong with mine but it's just run out of ink and the cartridges cost more than a cheap printer! I'll have to get one( a cartridge that is) as I need to print a letter today but am looking at getting a new one that takes individual colour cartridges as they are only about £8 each so is more economical.

Jacky if I'd known Anne was doing a Cricut class I'd have come as well. She hasn't got any classes listed on the website as I looked the other day.

Have a good day all.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Its very cold and windy here today geek ------> (what my hair looks like after school run!) ....... gonna pee down at any moment...it wouldn't surprise me... mind you it wont last long coz the wind is whipping them clouds across the sky!

Made Emily's birthday card this morning and am thrilled with it! I used a sheet of A3 card and did a gatefold..... then covered the doors with blue swirl and star holographic card and made it all into a TARDIS from Dr Who! She is gonna go crazy for it. I then printed a piccy out of the inside of the tardis and the little sign and the St Johns Ambulance Logo and stuck them on.... it looks excelllent (even if I do say sdo myself) but am not sure if it will photo very well cos of the holographic card! We will just have to wait and see I suppose!

Didn't get on the PC at all yesterday as I took the PORTALOO into town to get some birthday bits for my Emily... she has 6 friends coming for a birthday tea on Saturday and then has 2 of them staying over and we are hopefully going to the cinema on Sunday then her best mate is staying over on Sunday night too so I will have 3 kids farting about getting ready for school on Monday morning!!! His mum is a nurse and her hubby is a train guard and their shifts haven't quite worked out so I am sorting it for her! JJ (joseph) is no problem though... love him to bits... like one of my own as is his sister Sian.

Got to get Rolo back to the vets too... he has been really stiff in the back legs this last couple of days so I think his arthur is playing up and he looks really down in the dumps... can't have that...not my boy!!! So am gonna phone and he'll have to have an appt on saturday afternoon when Ady is off as I can't really get him all that way on the scooter.....

on phone........ Very Happy

Have just phoned and he has an appt for 3pm on Saturday! Least he wont be in pain for too long.... I put my heat pad on low under his hip last night...he seemed to appreciate it!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:20 pm

LoopyLou wrote: ....... gonna pee down at any moment...it wouldn't surprise me...

Do hope you are talking about the weather Lou!!!!

Poor Rolo... hope he can get a bit of relief from the heat pad and when he goes to see his Dr !

I got back just in time... just had my usual Thursday treat and settling down now with a coffee and a cream cake. The ones I buy from my local shop are the slimming ones.. ahem cough cough! they are the only shop in the whole wide world that sells fat free, sugar free, delicious sin free cakes!!!
Its raining now and not very nice out at all.
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 pm

hERES MY dR wHO CARD! i AM SO CHUFFED WITH IT

oH BLAST... SORRY cAPS lOCK

Grrrrrr sorry thought I had corrected it!!!! lol! lol! lol!

Thundery Thursday Cards_66

Thundery Thursday Cards_67

Thundery Thursday Cards_68

This is the poem for anyone who would like it.....

Unknown lands with alien forces,
Through time and space the Tardis courses,
The Doctor and his companion travel,
The plans of aliens they unravel,
The only timelord left alive,
He saves the earth with Gallifreyan drive,
He fought the Daleks and Cybermen,
Destroyed the Slitheen and the Sontaran,
His sonic screwdriver he uses with care,
To open up doors or to mend and repair,
Amy Pond and Martha Jones,
Stayed by his side in alien zones,
Mankind and Earth they ritually save,
When aliens regularly misbehave,
He saved the Ood and battled Judoon,
By transporting a hospital onto the moon,
Nine hundred and three and still going strong,
The doctor puts paid to the alien throng,
Then into the Tardis he closes the door,
He travels through time to fight aliens once more
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Brilliant card Lou, no wonder you are really pleased with it Very Happy Karen, you can buy me some of those cakes and get them shipped here Laughing Laughing

Sue, I just asked Anne if she would do a class and she said yes. It was supposed to be in the evening but she said on facebook that she was quiet and I commented that we could have done the class if she had no customers so she said come now. It was really good - one to one tuition. Now I know what all the buttons are for and it will get me using it again. She has the new machine coming in soon affraid Of course, a customer did come in lol!

I have done a lot of prep this morning on my Christmas Cards but none completed yet. Have to wait for things to dry.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Good afternoon ladies not too bad here apart from the wind and its quite mild, been to aerobics and enjoyed it. When i got home id got a note pushed through my letter box id had a delivery and they left it with next door , yiiipppeeee its my cricut cake all i need now is some frosting Shocked thats not arrived yet. Hugs to all the poorlies and take care if you are off out to bonfire displays or your own , We are doing a few fireworks in our back garden and invited my parents for pie and peas and parkin yum. Beautiful card Lou and great photos Jacky
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Sounds good Andrea! Have a good time.
We havent been to a firework display in ages... Amy never really liked firework displays when she was younger and was quite happy with a packet of sparklers. Up until a couple of years ago she would put 2 pairs of gloves on, scarf, hood up ... took no chances Amy didnt!
Certainly wont be able to have any fireworks this year with having the dogs.... poor Sarbi will just sit there quivering!
Jacky... now I would love to ship the cakes out, but its top secret in Tuxford.. Laughing
Brilliant card Lou... bet Emily will want it framed!!
Piccies are lovely Jacky
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmicfairy Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:38 am

Fab card Lou.xx
cosmicfairy