The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thundery Thursday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thundery Thursday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thundery Thursday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thundery Thursday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thundery Thursday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thundery Thursday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thundery Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thundery Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thundery Thursday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thundery Thursday

+2
lexiecraft
poppytree
6 posters

Go down

Thundery Thursday Empty Thundery Thursday

Post  poppytree Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:33 am

The sky is grey and cloudy and if I was in the UK I would say it looks like we're in for a heavy shower but looks are deceptive here. Its actually over 20 (before 9.00am) and set to rise to 30 later. There is just a chance (20%) of a possible shower (they last about 3 - 5 minutes if we're lucky) later this afternoon. Good day to get the washing out as it will dry in an hour before the sun bleaches it! Off to a coffee morning at 'Probus' later and have another social event this afternoon.

Got to pop into the doctors to arrange a medical certificate. I can't get an Australiana driving licence without it as I wear glasses and take meds for mild BP. My letter from the UK doctor stating my BP is fine and under control and the opticians prescription saying I don't need an eye test till 2013 aren't good enough!

Clive handed his forms over and got a photo done immediately and a tempory licence straight away yesterday - typical. Lots of specials advertised at the supermarket today so might do the main shop later. Then its off to the library to change the books and maybe get some DVDs to watch over the weekend (you can have up to 10 books and 6 DVDs for a month and its FREE)

Finally sold Clive's old BMW back in the UK (for peanuts) but the extra cash will just about pay for a dining table and a couple of the 6 chairs we'd like that we've seen in IKEA.
Thundery Thursday 6469297827_10371828d2
table and chairs IKEA by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Have a good day whatever you are up to.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Thundery Thursday Empty Re: Thundery Thursday

Post  lexiecraft Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:13 am

Hello Jane , Sounds like red tape is world wide hahahah Table look s lovely , glad your settling , be good to get your stuff before Christmas !
Will stay in touch . Keep well xx Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Not a day for putting the washing out here Jane!!! lovely table. I do hope you are ok today Lexie Smile Hope all is a little better for Lou today. Weather is not nice Sad of to feed the little ones clean and wash floors later Laughing 140 for Christmas dinner yesterday, it was lovely Very Happy Have a good day girls lol! lol!
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Just seen the temperature back in the UK - poor you. Thermals and hot water bottles again!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Thundery Thursday Empty Hi

Post  LoopyLou Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Morning all, hope u are all safe and protected from the wind, rain and snow... Hope ya don't get rain Jane, that would be a disaster! Lol!!!

Lexie hun, how u feeling? Hope you are ok.

Emily managed to sleep undisturbed through the night. She has had some breakfast so just hoping that stays put. If so she can go back to school tomorrow.

Is everyone ready for christmas then?

Hope u all have a good day xx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Afternoon...

Lou.... in one word NO!! People keep telling me its not long until christmas, but I am nowhere near ready.
Had a bit of a scare with Mum the other day, the Home phoned to see if we could take Mum up to the surgery for an emergency appointment with the Dr. She had been complaining of her boob tender, she had a mastectomy 5 years ago, and obviously very wary. Fortunately the Dr was calling down at the Home...he checked Mum over and was certain that it wasnt anything nasty... she had probably knocked herself.
Had word from the Solicitor yesterday that Keith has a date for the court case from his accident... it should be next April/May, but, they have asked for figures, loss of earnings etc... so it may not even go to court. It will be, by then almost 3 years since his accident.
Really tired, was up early as Keith has gone off to London... I wanted to make sure the roads were clear! He phoned me up to let me know he got there ok!

Well it cold and horrible out, but nice and toasty inside.. enjoy your day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Afternoon ladies. What a horrible day - cold wet and windy! Sorry I've been away but it has taken over a week for my body to get used to the increased meds, made me feel very whoozy! I was planning on going up to Telford this weekend to see Mark and family but have put it on hold till after Christmas as I didn't fancy travelling while I felt so rough. Don't think the unrelenting attention of two small boys a dog and two cats would have helped either! Like Jacky I've also been avoiding the computer as much as possible as I am nowhere near ready for Christmas. Think I've got all the cards made but have still got to write them - will make a start on that this afternoon. I've also still got the cakes to make! I was going to do one on Tuesday but when I got my flour out it was full of weevils Shocked I've never known them here before - used to get them in Malta with the heat and humidity though. Anyway that made me clear out the pantry and get rid of out of date stuff although the flour was quite new! So now I have a very tidy and clean food cupboard but also very empty! Think my Tesco order is about to grow Rolling Eyes

Lou do hope Emily feels better soon and hope the rest of you don't go down with it again.

Karen hope they settle out of court to save it being prolonged any further.

topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down