The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thursday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thursday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thursday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thursday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thursday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thursday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thursday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday

5 posters

Go down

Thursday Empty Thursday

Post  Karen R Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 am

Morning....

Think we have had some rain overnight, doesnt look very promising out at the moment either.
Usual trip up the village for me and then the bathroom needs a bit of a tidy up.... then cream cake time!
All quiet here, keep hearing Amy's alarm clock going off! She isnt like me, once I am awake... thats it I have to get up... Amy likes to squeeze every last minute of sleep she can get!
Right off now to get some breakfast. Enjoy your day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Thursday Empty Re: Thursday

Post  Marion Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am

Good morning ladies.

Karen, I am like you, I hear the alarm and once I am awake I have to get up, totter dowstairs and put the kettle on and two cups of tea later I start to come to Smile

Sarah and Matthew are going home this morning, its been lovely having them here.

Hopefully my eldest daughters husband should be arriving back from Italy this morning.

Will catch up with you later, don't know what I am doing yet today.
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:47 am

Good morning Karen, Marion and all who follow Very Happy I can't lie in bed either. This morning Martin woke up and asked if I wanted a cuppa. I said yes and then as he was about to leave the bedroom I told him to leave mine downstairs as I would get up. I used to lie in until midday at weekends when I was younger Laughing Laughing Now I don't go to bed until midnight and am awake at 6.00 every morning, at the moment it's 4.00 but usually manage to go back to sleep about 5.00 for an hour.

Dont know what I am doing today either. Still looking for some screening - we need one panel 6 x 6 ft and the other 6 x 3 ft. Wanted a curved top and have found the 6 x 6 but the other size is 3 x 6 so the curve is on the wrong side. We have found one but there isn't a 6 x 6 to go with that either. I can see him making his own at this rate What a Face

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing today.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Morning Karen, Marion, Jacky and all who follow. It's dull here today. Joshua has gone to the zoo with school and Kayleigh is going up to the local senior school today to watch a play that Michaela is in Smile
Tonight Michaela and myself have to go back to her school to see some work that is being put on show by the gifted and talented kids in the school (of which Michaela is one) then we are both being presented with First Aid certificates that we earned after doing a course Smile
I've got a PTA meeting this afternoon so i'd better go off and do the agenda in a minute Smile

Karen and Marion have a good day. Jacky I hope you find the panels you need Smile

(((HUGS))) to anyone who needs them

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile Smile Smile

craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Morning ladies. Took the car to the Vauxhall garage this morning to see what this fault is with the EPS and how much- hopefully a lot less than the other garage quoted. So I had an early morning mile walk home and my ears were hurting by the time I got home - seemed to be a cold wind! Cleared out two drawers in the bedroom so have got a bag of stuff for the charity shop now.

Karen I'm like Amy - not a morning person at all! One of the nicest things about retiring was not to have to set the alarm!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:10 pm

I don't need an alarm Sue, I need a sleeping potion Laughing Laughing

Found some panels at last at Frensham Garden Centre, and some more plants Very Happy Got to go and put some in now, but some are bedding plants which I have put out of the frost. Well done to Michaela Frances and to you to for the First Aid.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Afernoon all.

Jacky, my yongest daughter was like you, before she left home on a Sunday she will sleep until lunch time lol but sine she had Matthew things have changed lol
I am not a morning person either, but I think I am getting better Smile I am sleeping fine now thanks to the doctor, I aren't taking sleeping tablets but just something to calm me down and de stress me before i go to bed, and they are working great.

craftymumof3 , oh dear, I really must get everyones nams sortd out! Well done you on getting your First Aid Certificate. I am sure you will enjoy seeing Michaela's work.

Sue, hope it was good news from the garage. I bought my car in january, and it won't be three years old until September, so at the moment its just costing me insurance and petrol. lol I am hoping it will see me out Smile

Well my youngest daugher and grandson (Sarah and Matthew) are back home now, and once again its very quiet here. I love having them stay but the house always seems extra quiet when they have gone.
My eldest daughters husband arrived back from Italy this morning. Usually when he goes away anywhere I ask him how it was and he usually answers oh it was okay. This afternoon when I asked him, he said its not good, and he looked pretty grim when he was saying it.
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:30 pm

No it wasn't good news! The diagnostics showed up 2 faults on the ABS . So they can replace the control box at £500plus labour plus VAT but that might not be what's wrong and they can't take it out and re-use it once its been fitted, or they cab replace the complete ABS at a total cost of £1700! They reset it and said it might be OK for a few hours or days. or weeks- the light was on again before I got off the forecourt! Meanwhile its Ok to drive but if I have to stop in a hurry I might not have ABS but there again I might What a Face So looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and have it done but it will have to wait till after my holiday in May. Oh and it cost aother £100 just to have them check it and tell me that Twisted Evil
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Gosh Sue, no, that certainly wasn't good news.
It sounds like the devil and the deep.
Yes, leave it until after the holidays, keep the speed down to 30 mph and you should be alright!
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Dont know about biting the bullet Sue... can you ride tandem??? Laughing Be a bit cheaper Very Happy
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Could be difficult - not only does Roy not drive- he can'e ride a bike either lol!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down