The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Saturday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Saturday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Saturday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Saturday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Saturday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Saturday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Saturday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Saturday

2 posters

Go down

Saturday Empty Saturday

Post  Karen R Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 am

Morning,

Feels a bit cool out and going to put the heating on in a bit!
Got a lady coming to see me today from the Council (they work on a Saturday???!!) Its regarding a review for Mum's 'care package' - thought it be easier for me to talk to her, especially as she is of 'eastern origin'. I am going to see if I could perhaps have another night sit. Whether she can help with that I dont know.
Amy is off to a party tonight... another one! She doesnt go out a greal deal, but this week 3 times!!
Not a lot else happening today.
Enjoy your day
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Saturday Empty Re: Saturday

Post  Craftworker Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Good afternoon Karen sorry to have left you all alone Sad Woke up with such a headache about 2.00am. My sinuses were blocked so used my spray which cleared it in minutes, the headache disappeared and I went back to sleep for a short time but woke again with a headache and just went in and out of sleep for the rest of the night. The spray is supposed to work for 10 hrs. so didn't want to do it again.

Had a lovely evening last night, went out for Martin's Birthday meal for a Chinese with Ian, Ruth and Sally, to Fleet. I just had the tea to drink whereas the others had wine, apart from Ruth as she was driving us all. I was supposed to be driving but Martin had been out in the car before we went out and came home with a problem on the car - the rear brake was sticking on and smelled awful when he pulled up. Had to phone Ian & Ruth to ask if they would mind driving. It ended up with Ruth and I looking vacant while the other 3 were having an intelligent conversation about weights and calculations to do with Martins model plane geek Ruth and I decided we should start watching the same tv programmes so we could baffle them lol!

Hope you can get more help Karen from your council lady Very Happy Did Amy enjoy her Justin Beiber concert the other day, what it's like to be young again and can party all week Laughing Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:18 am

ooohh... its a bit quiet today !

Well 'Arlene' came rather late, but nevertheless was very helpful. If everything that we requested works out... things should be a lot better! BUT ... I am not holding my breath.
I have requested an extra night sit. which she is going to push for. Also looking into why we lost so much money when I had to give up childminding. Its all well and good being honest, by my honesty lost us £400 a month, and then because I am classed as 'working' and getting carers allowance... they take it off of Keith's sick money! All wrong, but not going to go there!
She also gave info on Direct Payments... dont know alot about them - but basically I get money paid direct to me - and then its up to me how I spend that money on care for Mum. But every single penny has to be accounted for, books kept, receipts/time sheets etc.... do I really want all that fuss of keeping a note of what goes where when I may have had a particularly bad week with Mum confused I did say that I would then lose the Carers that Mum has got used to over the past year. Arlene's reply was oh no... that care package will remain in place - I cannot see Notts County Council, in effect paying for 2 care packages! especially with all the cuts that councils are now making.

So... will have to wait and see what happens! Expect to see flying pigs next week cheers

Amy had a lovely time at the Bieber concert thank you Jacky... she was worn out with all the screaming and jumping around! I found it much more refined at the Il Divo concert I went to years ago (till the end, and then all the ladies ran to the front screaming their names!!)
Amy has spent most of the afternoon and evening beautifying herself for this party tonight!

Hope everyone is ok xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:44 am

11.30 the phone rang... Keith had just gone for Amy - I answered the phone (didnt recognise the number) it was Keith... he asked me if I had a mobile number for one of Amy's schoolfriends mother (not a close friend though) I didnt care what it was for... I thought something was wrong with Amy. But Keith explained that he was there with Laura, they were waiting for the ambulance - the girl was absolutely blotto - she isnt even 18 yet (not that that matters nowadays) but a waste of precious time for the ambulance service... makes me so mad.
Keith has assured me that Amy is fine... she wasnt going to take any money with her and was going to stick to water!! but we gave her £10
The mother of the girl is away and the only way of contacting her is by mobile -which I dont have.
Shall be a lot happier when Amy is 'back in the nest'!! My heart is still pounding :/
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down