The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Slightly early MONDAY EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Slightly early MONDAY EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Slightly early MONDAY

5 posters

Go down

Slightly early MONDAY Empty Slightly early MONDAY

Post  LoopyLou Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:45 am

Hi girls, I know its technically still Sunday but its been one hell of a day and hence I may be missing for a couple of days so I wanted to say hi and tell you what was afoot!

Just got home from the hospital.... well about an hour ago.....

This morning Ady started feeling unwell, have you seen a man reduced to tears of pain? I never had and let me tell you I never want to see it again Sad He had major pain in his stomach... it was about a 10 on the Richter scale... I used the NHS symptom checker and it advised a call from NHS Direct which we did. NHS Direct referred him to the out of hours doctors at the Chichester Hospital about 8 miles away.....and an appt was made for 3.30pm. The reason they wanted to see him was that the pain was also interferring with his asthma making him short of breath and causing chest pain.

Anyway I got my sis to run us over to Chichester for this appt...then my god did the ball start rolling.... she wouldn't let him go home but referred him straight to the surgical team via A & E.... Shocked He then had a multitude of test (over 3 and a half hours worth), ecg, blood, chest and abdonial xrays, another ecg....etc etc. They said his pulse was fast his temp was high so they were not sure if an infection was making it hard for him to breathe and causing the pain or whether it was something like Gall stones, an ulcer or Diverticulitis. In the morning they want to do an ultrasound to check whats wrong cos xrays and bloods were inconclusive.

Anyway the long and the short of it is they have kept him in...... poor sod is feeling miserable and in quite a bit of pain buit floating on Oramorph bless him. Kids got really upset as I had to leave them with my 16yr old niece all afternoon till 7pm this evening and then got home, packed him a bag and then took the girls over to see him at 8pm. Got home at 10pm....and now am having to make 2 ten inch sponge cakes as it's Georgia's 13th birthday tomorrow and I want her to have a cake!!!

I am at the moment waiting for the second sponge to finish cooking, the first one is on the cooling rack..think I may have to sleep downstairs..... got wine and a choccy bar for company!!!

So intrepid Crafty Cow explorers if I disappear for a few days you will know why!!!

Hope you have a fantastic week xxxxxx

Big hugs for anyone feeling as crappo as my hubby!!! lol!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Slightly early MONDAY Empty Re: Slightly early MONDAY

Post  poppytree Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Oh Lou - I do hope your week improves soon. Poor Ady. He must have been in so much pain. Hope they've diagnosed what's wrong and do something to ease his pain and also that you got some sleep after you finish the cake. I hope Georgia's day goes well and she has a very happy birthday.

Unlike you my day started well when I had a lovely 32 minute SKYPE call with our Iain - first time we've spoken face to face since we left the UK 10 weeks ago. He's had a very poorly computer which was taken back to his work IT department and took 2 days to fix and rebuild. He then had to load all his drivers for printers etc and then finally got SKYPE up and running.

Slightly early MONDAY 6498167149_a487d78e9a
Tobias and Torsby from IKEA by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Did well with the IKEA flat packs and now have a beautiful dining table and 6 stunning chairs. Looking to move curtains from the master bedroom into the formal lounge (I think they came from there originally) and I've seen some lovely ones for the bedroom at John Lewis. Even with £25 P&P it will be much cheaper to order 2 full-length pairs from them rather than have them made here.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Massive hugs Lou, hope they get to the bottom of it pretty quick for all your sakes. Make sure you don't overdo it too - you have to stay good for the girls, they are old enough to understand if things don't go to plan - take care xxx.

Bright morning here today, not looking forward to the winds tonight though. Got to write my cards today.

Hugs to those that need one - I have been reading your posts but haven't been using the computer and more difficult to post with the phone.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Afternoon..

Lou ... so sorry to hear about Ady, hope he is soon on the mend... you take it easy, well knowing you, take it as easy as you can xx
Cold out today, have been to the Hospital and he is referring me on for Physio. Had to walk down from the hospital back into town to catch the bus back - Keith wanted to take me, but he was at the Hospital himself, unfortunately a completely different hospital!
Good news he has been discharged from that Hospital... just another two to go!
Amy and I had a good day in London on Saturday, tiring though. We must have spent almost 2 hours in the Pet section in Harrods!
Take care and enjoy your day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 pm

Sending l Lou a huge hug and that Ady is well on the way to recovery !
Karen glad you had a good day in London , love going up there for a good old shop and nose round . Dulcie was up in London yesturday , she went Ice skating in Hyde Park and then played team games and then cinema and got back at 9pm they had a early start too got the train at 8.30 !! so she was shattered when her dad picked her up !!
Jane your table and chairs are lovely .
Where's Marion ?? hope she is ok
I seem to have the post Christmas blues BEFORE Christmas , feeling really flat and down did'nt help when I got a call from my mum telling me she was in coronary care unit.... Same as before ...so that did'nt lighten my spirits ...
Put the tree up this afternoon looks pretty , but still not feeling in christmas mood !! Really need to do some shopping ......still have'nt done anymore .....
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down