The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Phew - Friday! EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Phew - Friday! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Phew - Friday! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Phew - Friday! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Phew - Friday! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Phew - Friday! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Phew - Friday! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Phew - Friday! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Phew - Friday! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Phew - Friday!

4 posters

Go down

Phew - Friday! Empty Phew - Friday!

Post  poppytree Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 am

Not much work done today as I was at the girls house by 8.00am and on the beach an hour later. Can't believe I was in the sea for over 2 hours and swimming on 23rd December! Did some craft with them in the afternoon and played in the pool till tea-time. Just made up the bed in our master bedroom. Not good battling with a super-king-size duvet and pillows in this heat but at least its not 37 now (about 28 and 7.00pm)

Still piles of clothes to put on hangers and the craft room to tackle but really must wrap the presents tonight. Tomorrow (Christmas Eve) we are helping at the open air carols, nativity and fun and games evening on the local oval in Blackwood (organised by our church). Clives helping with the sausage sizzle or camel rides and I'm on fairy floss and doughnuts! Another hot day forecast but hopefully it will be a bit coller by 6.30. They are expecting over 2000 people to turn up so a major community event! At least I don't have to cook the dinner on Christmas Day - just turn up at midday with presents, crackers, wine and the Christmas Pudding and brandy custard!!!!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Phew - Friday! Empty Re: Phew - Friday!

Post  topgran Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Looks like everyone is busy again! Can't imagine why scratch Just made a load of mince pies. Hope they taste alright as the pastry wasn't being co-operative this morning! Got to go collect a prescription this afternoon from surgery for Roy. It should have gone straight to the chemist but when I tried collecting it yesterday they had sent it back to the surgery as they said the cream was discontinued! Doctor rang this morning to say it wasn't and the chemist next to the surgery had it. So will have to battle with their too small car park! Then need to drop Roy's washing back with my ironing Very Happy . So better go and have some lunch.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Evening...

Well... been into town, absolutely tiddled it down and we got wet through.
Went into Asda to pick up things I forgot to add onto my delivery... spent loads in there! Only went in for eggs, sugar and a bottle of rum!
Got back home, marzipanned and iced cakes, got my pudds steaming away and now relaxing. Keith is at his works christmas drink... but wont be long before he is back. Amy is off out this evening with some friends... so I have a nice piece of steak for my tea!
Still got lots to do tomorrow and want to fit in a visit to mum... think I might get up at 4.00 am!!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Good evening all - thought I had posted on here earlier but remember now I just read Jane and Sue's posts on my phone but I posted on FB. Managed to get everything wrapped - very difficult wrapping Martins (golf bag and a huge tool box on wheels for his model airplane stuff) - pretty sure Sally will guess the mucking out fork lol! especially as she was with Martin when he got it. 6 days before Ebony is moved to her new stables nearer to Sally's home. Unfortunately the tow ball on the Bongo is slightly smaller than normal so the horse box didn't fit (breathes a sigh of relief) so Martin couldn't practice last weekend so Sally's friend who owns the horsebox has offered to move Ebony for Sally. Martin has since fitted a new tow ball but they are sticking with the plan now as he hasn't tried towing it Very Happy Spoke to my friend last night, who often had Molly for me if we went out for a long time and her little Cavalier spaniel died on Tuesday. I tried to phone her Wednesday but she wasn't in so tried again last night. It seemed strange that she had brought round a card for me and hadn't included Louie on it - she always included her dog so I was really worried. I knew he had been ill with heart problems for a long time and she knew it wouldn't be long Sad She couldn't bring herself to actually phone and say so she was glad I had realised. When Callie was here last weekend and went out in the garden Louie had barked at her and she ran in - so sad but pleased he didn't suffer.

Just got the house to sort out now and stupidly told my friend that New Year could be at our house this year What a Face We haven't done it for a while so we are due to do it but nothing had been organised. Our other neighbour comes too but she may want to stay at her house as she has 2 foster children with her at the moment - due to go to their adoptive parents soon but still with them at the moment as no date has been set.

Jane hope you enjoy your carol service - we went to one in Adelaide but havent a clue where now and it was Carols by Candlelight. It was just so beautiful singing carols outside in the warm holding candles Very Happy Afterwards (about midnight) we went to a pancake parlour down a small sidestreet Very Happy
You all put me to shame - my mince pies, pudding and cake are all bought from the shop Embarassed Hope you got the prescription sorted out Sue.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down