The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Phew - Friday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Phew - Friday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Phew - Friday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Phew - Friday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Phew - Friday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Phew - Friday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Phew - Friday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Phew - Friday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Phew - Friday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Phew - Friday

+2
Marion
poppytree
6 posters

Go down

Phew - Friday Empty Phew - Friday

Post  poppytree Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:07 am

While you are basking in a heatwave of 16 its reached 38 here! Staying inside with the aircon on. It was cooler working in the cafe kitchen today and, not surprisingly, we had a run on sandwiches, wraps and salads. Great working there as we get a free lunch and unlimited drinks and the company is great - we have such a laugh and its all very laid-back. 4 men on the team - one in charge of the fryers (mainly chips and wedges), another helping me plating up salads and 2 more on washing up! (best place for them!)

Clive's off to cricket tomorrow and I'm going to my first quilting/patchwork class - wish me luck. Have a good one whatever you are up to.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Phew - Friday Empty Re: Phew - Friday

Post  Marion Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 am

Morning ladies.

Jane, oh yes, we are basking in the heat here Smile but its so nice not to have to have the heat on. You sound as if you are enjoying working at the cafe, it sounds more like a play day than work Smile

An early one from me today. Instead of my daughter having to drive all the way here to pick me up today (and it takes an hour longer on a friday) I decided on the spur of the moment to go there by coach. So got it arranged last night and I am off at lunch time today.
My case is packed and when I have finished on the laptop that is going into my huge handbag Smile
My eldest daughter phoned me last night and I told her of the change of plan, and she just laughed, she thinks its great that I am starting to make decisions for myself.

Bye for now, hope you all have a good day.
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 am

Morning ladies...

Another nice morning, dont think its quite as warm as yesterday - but the sun is yet to come out.
No plans for today - will see how things go!
Marion.. have a lovely time with Sarah and family
Jane... enjoy the patchwork class... something different.

Right, better make a start on my day... have fun x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Morning ladies
nice Jane, sould lovely Very Happy
Marion have a wonderful few days, and well done Very Happy
i do hope you are ok Karen have a good day.
And to all going to the SHOW have a good one,
Big Hugs Lou

lv xxx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Good afternoon girls, tried to squeeze into the morning but I do like to catch up before I post!

A nice start to my post.... look at this lettle fella.... Ady took this pic at The New Forest on Sunday just gone... how cute?

Phew - Friday Birthd22

Well I went to the hossy yesterday to see Sister Walsh and she took bloods, gave me a general steroid injection (in me butt Shocked ) and then discussed my liver scan with me, she said I should hear very soon and that when I did she wanted me to let her know cos she wanted to accompany me. It will be done in the small Bognor Hospital when I go to the rehab ward and that is where my rheumatology and Sister Walsh is based so will be good being close for appt. She also shocked me by asking me to go in for rehab immediately, starting MONDAY pale .... she said she was concerned because my arthritis inflammation levels have gone sky high and as I am also off my meds she wants to try and ease me up with some physio. Only problems to that is... the pool is closed for a month so wouldn't have hydro, next week is the run up to the opening of the season at Riverside where Ady works and no way could he get his boss to agree to him being over an hour late for work every day for a week or two cos it is so busy. Also I wouldn't want to put Ady under the stress of having to do that especially with his 'heart' problem, less stress the better. Also this is the last weekend we get with him now till the end of October and I do not want to spend it packing my case for hospital, we want to be able to go out and do something nice on Sunday.

The girls will only get to see their dad after work now, he will have tuesdays off but seeing as they both do after school clubs on a Tuesday only I will benefit from his time off. This is when the year really starts to drag for us. Also not helping that is the governments plans to scrap the 10 day holiday allowance for kids out of holiday time. That ability to take the kids out of school for a few days every couple of years has meant that during the year they could spend decent time with Ady and occasionally we managed to afford a holiday. Now we are in a position to be able to afford holidays they are taking the chance away from us.....really unhappy about that. I hate my kids missing school and don't do it that often but to have it taken away when their dad is allowed no holiday time in the 6 weeks kids holidays or any time at Easter means we are truly stuffed

Anyway, Sister Walsh gave me time to think and I have phoned her this morning, she understands it is too quick and not convenient, even if sorely needed, but we have agreed I will go in as soon as they have space for me and when the pool is up and running,. She is going to get Lorraine the hand Occupational Therapist to set me up an appt for a new pair of hand/wrist splints for resting at night so they will help.
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Marion so glad you are feeling better and enjoy your coach trip to see the family x

Jane phew rather you than me in 38 degree heat! Glad you are enjoying your job x

Karen have fun doing nothing!

Janet thanks for the hugs xx Have a good day yourself x

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Doh DON'T Know how I missed yesturday out !!! as I was on the pc on and off all day ...... Lou sounds like yout RA really giving you gip , sending ya hugs , hope the pool opens soon so you can start your treatment .Got a day not doing much , been up since early as Dulcie needed to be dropped off then , came home did the ironing and got a get well card and a 60 th birthday card to do , both for the same person !Having a hysterectomy on her 60th shame ah .? well got to go as i've got to crack on with the cards and then I want to finish the book Iam reading a real lazy day ...... have fun girls .... Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down