The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Snowbound Sunday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Snowbound Sunday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Snowbound Sunday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Snowbound Sunday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Snowbound Sunday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Snowbound Sunday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Snowbound Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Snowbound Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Snowbound Sunday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Snowbound Sunday

3 posters

Go down

Snowbound Sunday Empty Snowbound Sunday

Post  Craftworker Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 am

Good morning all. Hope you are all safe and warm indoors. I am still in bed waiting for a cuppa Laughing I am so glad when I phoned Sally yesterday afternoon she said she wasn't going to London. She had got up in the morning and gone to muck out Ebony and by the time she finished she had no energy so went back home to bed. She has had a cold for a few days and worked from home on Friday. She said she had had some soup for lunch and Richard was coming over to cook her dinner and look after her Very Happy what a great guy who can cook Laughing At last Sally has grown up cheers A few years ago nothing would have stopped her doing anything.

Have a good day and stay safe Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Snowbound Sunday Empty Re: Snowbound Sunday

Post  Karen R Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:17 am

Morning Jacky...

Wish Amy was here, instead of in London... but she is due back later on - if we get any more she will have to come back earlier. We have had a couple of inches, but its thick fog now.
Everywhere looks pretty, Bailey loves the stuff and would rather be out than in!
Wasnt going to do a Sunday dinner today as its just us two, but it wouldnt seem like a sunday ... so going to do one now!
We have booked our silver wedding holiday for later this year... we are going to Mauritius and Dubai. Got awhile to wait, but looking forward to it.
Take care and enjoy your day - good day for building snowmen me thinks!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:24 am

Morning ladies.

Jacky, is Sally your daughter? sorry, I am still trying to sort out who belongs to who lol

Karen, wow, that souds like a great present to yourself. Hopefully it will take you mind off the horrible weather today

I am supposed to be going to my daughters for lunch today, but shall soon be phoning her saying I shall be stopping at home. I have seen a couple of ladies trying to walk in this snow, and although I would be giving up roast chicken and all the trimmings I shall be stopping at home today.
There must be a good 6 inches out there, and I for one am stopping in.Smile The trouble is, as my mother used to say "but look at the sky, there is more to come", but I hope I am wrong.
Do you realise, for once the weather forecasters got it right Smile

Hope you all have a good day
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Yes Marion, Sally is my daughter - 29 this year but she is my baby Laughing I feel more protective about her as she had a bone marrow transplant when she was 13 and just after that as her immune system was low, she got pneumonia which has left her with a lung condition - can never remember what its called. She has always been adventurous and doing fact things like going to the jungle in Indonesia - standing in water up to her waist all night - catching bats in nets to weigh and tag them, before releasing them. At the time she was on antibiotics just about every other week for something affraid After that she rarely needed antibiotics so my fears were unfounded Laughing I should trust her intelligence by now Very Happy but I don't like her travelling alone very late at night home from London on the train.

Enjoy you dinner Karen. I rarely do one on a Sunday now as I never know what we are doing. If I buy a joint, you can bet your life something happens so that I have to do it on Monday instead Laughing I do love a roast though. Marion, I bought some really good rubber things that you pull onto your shoes and they stop you slipping. You can walk on snow and ice without any fear of falling. They are brilliant and you can just walk normally in them. Sally borrowed mine reluctantly a couple of years ago as she had to walk to work and she couldn't believe the difference it made so bought her own. Ruth, my daughter in law, had a nasty fall in the snow a couple of years ago so I bought some for her and she can also walk in them. She hated snow but was quite happy taking the dog for a walk last year even though she was pulling on the lead. It was Ian who was having trouble. They bought a few pairs this year in case they lost some as they fold up to nothing to pop in your bag.

I better get up now Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Gosh Jacky, I can well understand you being worried about your daughter. Like you say she seems fine now, but it doesn't stop us mums from worrying does it?
And no, not travelling alone at night. You could do that sort of thing when I was in my teens but certainly wouldn't want to do it now.

Those things for your shoes sound ideal. I kept thinking this morning, I aren't going to dinner, then I thought well it would be nice !!! Smile so I have been into the garage and got my welly boots out, and found Johns old walking stick, so I might give it a try, especially as its like virgin snow now and not gone icy at all. If I do go I will take my phone with me Smile

Will let you know later Smile
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 pm

This is similar to mine, lots of different designs at Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Convenient-Non-Slip-Grip-36-42/dp/B0049N66CA/ref=sr_1_7?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1328438279&sr=1-7

Take care - hope you get your dinner Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks Jacky, what:)

Many thanks for the site Jacky, I am going to et some, they will always come in useful won't they?

I went out for my dinner after all. The snow was still so soft there was no slipping at all and the same coming back. Was so glad I went though, my 4 year old grandaughter had me doing puzzles with her before dinner, and then wanted to know why Gran had to go home!!
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Glad you got there Marion. Awww bless your granddaughter, makes you feel so special. Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Karen, just re-read your post and forgot to mention your trip away for your Silver Anniversary - how exciting for you. Now is it all of you going or is it a romantic holiday for two Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down