The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday

2 posters

Go down

Wednesday Empty Wednesday

Post  Craftworker Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Good morning all, have you all slept in this morning Laughing When I went out to the craft shop yesterday, I heard on the radio that it is Mothers Day on Sunday and I suddenly realised I hadn't made Mum a card. I was so busy getting all the March birthdays done which are on my calendar in my craft room, forgot all about Mothers Day. I did know it was on too as Sally and Ian are taking me out for a meal, the day before they flit off to USA. The whole family were here last night so didn't have a chance to get on with it, although I did start on it yesterday afternoon. So this morning I thought I had better get on with it and leave the computer alone. Just waiting for some glue to dry so just popped on to say hello Very Happy

Hope you are all doing something nice and not h*******k Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Empty Re: Wednesday

Post  Karen R Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Morning...

Had a rough couple of days here. First of all Keith was due to go to Nottingham Hospital on Monday, transport didnt turn up so appointment made for next week. Then Monday 6.00pm had a call from the Home saying they were waiting for an ambulance... they thought Mum had swallowed her top set of teeth, she had been violently sick and was in pain. We went down and got to the Hospital, after injections/xrays (tried to get blood, but couldnt) at 12.15 they were happy for Mum to leave - we couldnt bring her home, they advised an ambulance - but couldnt say how long it would take, as Mum was asleep and comfortable Keith and I came home. I phoned the Home yesterday morning expecting them to tell me Mum was in bed asleep... instead I was told Mum wasnt back from the Hospital. Phoned the hospital to be told that her temp had 'spiked' and they were just taking bloods and abdominal xray, once results through they would ring me. They did and everything was fine, no sign of teeth! She then had to wait for an ambulance to take her back to the Home. So... I phoned them to let them know what was happening, only to be told that Mum would be ok to go back, but they had to close the Home to visitors as there was a D & V bug . Was upset I couldnt see Mum,but understand its best for everyone.
Then early hours this morning Keith started feeling unwell and he has been sick. He is still in bed feeling rough. Amy hasnt been too well, me... I am waiting, hopefully it will miss me out!
Phoned the Home this morning, they said it was still closed to visitors, but Mum was up having breakfast.
I was a bit annoyed as one of the carers who was convinced Mum had swallowed the teeth said they had been missing since Friday... I saw the bottom ones on Saturday when I went down, should have said something then as they could have done with a clean. But she 'disagreed' with me. One of the Night carers I spoke to said she had seen them as well.
So all in all... I feel very tired, especially as Daisy thinks it is a good idea to bark at 6.00 am!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Aww Karen - huge hugs for you all. Your mum may have hidden them somewhere Neutral Hope the bug misses you out, I know what its like for everyone to be ill at the same time. When Sally was a baby we all had flu apart from her, but was so lucky to have a great neighbour that was happy to look after her.

Can't believe that you weren't kept informed as to what was going on with your Mum though Mad

Take care and try and rest - you will certainly have to save your energy. My computer crashed when I wrote the post about Lexie so have closed it down. Have to try and start it again later.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down