The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Sunny Saturday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Sunny Saturday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Sunny Saturday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Sunny Saturday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Sunny Saturday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Sunny Saturday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Sunny Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Sunny Saturday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sunny Saturday

+4
poppytree
cally
Karen R
mikki
8 posters

Go down

Sunny Saturday Empty Sunny Saturday

Post  mikki Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:46 am

Good morning Ladies and Gents,

Well I have gone down as far as possible emotionally over these past few weeks and so the only way to go now is up Very Happy

After 8 months of being of being told that I would be able to have the gastric bypass operation I have now been told that sorry because I have ME and blackout 2-3 times a day I can not have the operation, I went to see the consultant on Wednesday and he said because they have never operated on some one with ME and who blackout due to my bloodpressure dropping they do not want to take the risk with me.

I told him that they were all very cruel and should not have said I could have the operation without checking things out in the first place.

But I may have had a lucky escape as on the news the hospital is under investigation after three people have died and one of them was a lady who had gastric bypass surgery.

Well thats all in the past now and I have also given up my voluntree work after five years as treasurer, so I can now concentrate on card making Very Happy

Is anyone going to Alley Pally this weekend, I would love to go but I know that I would be unable to walk around the hall as the ME is bad at the moment, so I am going to save my pennies for the NEC in November.

I am going out to day to try and gets some clothes for my holiday next week to Cornwall, I have loads of jeans but not many tops, most tops now day don't have much of a sleve and I hate my bingo wings lol!

What have you all planned for this weekend?

Well we are off out for breakfast so I wish you all a very nice weekend, the weather is supposed to be nice.

xx
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

Sunny Saturday Empty Re: Sunny Saturday

Post  Karen R Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:17 am

Morning Mikki and all who follow!

Sorry to hear about your disappointing news, but like you say it looks like you may have had a lucky escape - sending you some cyber hugs.
Well its nice here this morning. Off out shopping when daughter gets dressed!!! Her new glasses have come in today, so she will have to go and get them sorted out. Then its back home to unload and put away the shopping Neutral
I stamped some angel images out last night, thought they looked ok, but on looking at them this morning poor thing looks as if she has been on the booze !!!
We are looking after 2 Ridgeback dogs for 3 weeks, so think hubby and Amy will be going walkies later, so will get some more stamping done - in natural daylight!!!
Well better shake a leg Very Happy See you later

Karen

yay!!! look who's siggy has appeared!!! think it must have had been on holiday!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Morning all so sorry about your news mikki but looks like you might have been saved, what part of cornwall are you going to ? I will be there in on 8th nov for 3 weeks cant wait after the year i have had, Karen who is following who ha ha, hope your plumber rang, but you can always get the dogs to sleep on the bed if your cold lol.

Well washing on the line, need to put some hand made stickers on my cards i did last night so must get on have a nice day all take care hugs janette
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Hope you are all having a good day. - health better, central heating working, enjoying you day out at Ally Pally,card making, just chilling out etc. Can't remember who's doing what!

Decided to give Ally Pally a miss this time -have far too much stock already and may be working at the next craft show there in a couple of weeks time.

Glorious day here though a little chilly. Making ATCs later and preparing next weeks classes. Love these Saturday Autumn evenings with Merlin, Strictly and Casualty to curl upon the sofa and watch (with a nice glass of wine!)
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Morning Mikki Karen Jan and Jane, and all the ladies how follow ,so sorry to read about your op Mikki, might be for the best after reading your post, I do hope you have a wonderful holiday next week. Boozie angel Karen !!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing have a wonderful day Jan and Jane. Weather is lovely today here again Very Happy Hope you all have a grand day ladies lol! lol! lol! Janet xx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  mikki Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your words of support, I am putting all behind me now and getting on with life.

I never went to Alley Pally as I didn't have the energy but a friend of mine did and was very disappointed, she was only there 45 minutes, she said many of the usual stall were missing and the ones there were a let down.

So I'm pleased I didn't bother.

I hope your weekend is going well.

xx
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:49 pm

mikki wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for your words of support, I am putting all behind me now and getting on with life.

Good for you Mikki. Keep smiling -we're all here for the times when you need cheering up (like you all did forme last week)
I've had a nice relaxing day enjoying the sunshine and actually making a couple of ATCs instead of talking about them!
Sunny Saturday Mono

Looks like we didn't miss much at AP and saved money too! I may be working at Birmingham, depends how the next Ally Pally show goes (Knitting and Stitchcraft on the 13-16 October)

When are you off to Cornwall and where? Enjoyed our week there in August and even had good weather compared to the rest of the country. It must be looking beautiful now and much quieter.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 pm

Jane... your atcs are cute... kitty one is lovely!

My mum is from Cornwall and we holidayed down there every year when I was younger - my grandparents lived in Swanvale (Falmouth) not been myself in years, but Mum is going down again in 3 weeks, hoping to meet up with friends and reminisce!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Awww Mikki that is bad sending lots of ((((((hugs)))))) to you i know how much you was getting yourself reay for this. Its been lovely here again today but is a bit chilly now. ive been doing these, its a pg tips box tarted up to put sweeties in for Christmas or birthdays.

Sunny Saturday Teabox1

Sunny Saturday Teabox2

Sunny Saturday Teabox3
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:19 am

Wow Andrea, the boxes are stunning. I just love boxes Laughing I always make for them when I see them in shops and Martin says "what do you need them for" i just tell him because they look nice. I have stopped myself from buying them just have a few in the bedroom and lounge Laughing Laughing Mikki, so sorry to hear your news - have they given you the pills instead like they told you. It does really sound like it's for the best, so keep smiling. I have just spent the day at my mum's in Cheltenham. Our daughter came with us too and took her some flowers so she was thrilled. We went out and had a lovely lunch which Mum insisted on paying for. The weather was very foggy all the way there but sunny when we got there sunny It was our 39th anniversary and we have had the same weather every year apart from 1 when it rained - so my daughter says when she gets married she is going to do it on the same day lol! lol!
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 am

Real sorry that they have messed you about Mikki, you have the right attitude though upwards and onwards regardless of them Smile Huge hugs to help you with it Smile
Brilliant box Andrea, I love it and Jane, your ATC's are brilliant too - well done ladies and thanks for sharing your inspiration with us Smile
We had absolutely gorgeous weather yesterday afternoon and early evening. Pete and I took a drive to Aberavon via a craft shop in Taibach, has to be done he he. I got some lush tapestry card from the shop then spent the rest of the day on the beach in gorgeous sunshine with a picnic Smile The actual beach was about 2 miles long so before returning home we went for a casual stroll along the water's edge. Lapping sea water, sunshine what more could you ask for Smile
Hope you enjoy your day in AP today Sadie Smile
Hugs and positive vibes for all that need Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:22 pm

Morning all, glad you are feeling a little better Mikki. Your ATC are great Jane, and loved the boxes Andrea, Hope you all have a good day Laughing lol! Janet xx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down