The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Monday morning EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Monday morning EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Monday morning EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Monday morning EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Monday morning EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Monday morning EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday morning EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Monday morning EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Monday morning EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday morning

+2
mikki
lady of kent
6 posters

Go down

Monday morning Empty Monday morning

Post  lady of kent Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:26 am

A very good morning to you all ladies, I do hope you had a grand weekend and that you have a great day, cant tell what the weather is like just yet, bit darkout there Razz but it is windy, really sounds like winter. Hope your day goes well lol! lol! Janet xx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Monday morning Empty Re: Monday morning

Post  mikki Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:18 am

Good morning Janet and all who follow,

Your either a nigh person or an early riser Janet lol!

Well here in North London winter has arrived, it's time to turn the heating back on I can't believe how cold it's turned, I love winter but only if I'm warm and snug inside.

I forgot to say, while we were away Alan brought me one of these little spelling computers, it's the type you can also use for crosswords, it's really good because you can put in what you think is the correct spelling and it will give you a list of what it could be, the only trouble is it's still in the bag I am yet to unpack D'oh

I am going to be really busy this week, I have to finish all my voluntree paper work so that I can hand it over to our new treasurer, there is so much and I keep putting it off, but the quicker I get it done the quicker I can be rid of it.

What are peoples plans for the week? has anyone started Chrimbo shopping yet? What meat or veg option do you have for Christmas dinner, I would like a bronze turkey as they are supposed to taste incredible but they are really expensive, I would also like to try a goose, but my son Daniel wouldn't eat it, same with duck, I think it will be a plan old turkey.

Do you have any special rituals that you do every Chrimbo? our main one is that you can only open the presents when everyone is up and sitting in the living room with a glass of buckfizz.

Well it's that time, breakie is calling.

I wish you all a great day what ever you are doing.

xx

Mikki
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:43 am

A lot of questions to answer there Mikki - I'm off to work soon so will join the Christmas debate when I get back.
Have a good day everyone.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:32 am

Morning Janet, Mikki & Jane and everyone else who visits today. My Janet what were you doing up at that hour in the morning Shocked I haven't given Christmas dinner a thought yet although we were discussing on the forum that no-one had seen any turkeys in the shops yet. Neutral We alway wait until after breakfast to open presents but now there is just the two of us we wait until we have a visit from son, d-i-l and daughter. Our daughter in law's family usually wait until after Christmas dinner Shocked I couldn't wait that long Laughing Laughing

Planning on visiting a friend today, Martin on a golf day, hope everyone has a good day and doesn't get blown away Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:43 am

Morning...

what a funny start to the day we had... the sky was a really weird colour - almost as if someone had switched a bright light on (it wasnt the sunshine!!) and then all of a sudden it was switched off again and it looked like we was going to get a real bad storm. Really creepy.

Anyway... mum has gone on her jolly hollies! Will miss her, as I always call in after dropping the children off at school!
Just as well I have the children all week, apart from Friday.

Mikki... nice to see you back Smile
Must admit have done quite a bit of my christmas shopping - we have finished getting stuff for Amy, apart from her usual sweets etc
OH ... well we normally get a little present and then money, as you can always get twice what you would get after christmas!!
For mum.. well havent got anything yet, but I know what to get - so thats half the battle!
My friend in America... I try and get light things for her, but we are going to London for the day in a couple of weeks, so may try and see if I can buy some stuff then! Amy wants to go into Harrods!!!
As for Christmas traditions... we love it. On Christmas eve, Amy and I put the nuts, sweets and nibbles out, 'dress' the table and have christmassy songs on. Then we usually settle down to watch a nice film along with a piece of christmas cake. When Amy was younger... she came down Christmas morning to find Father Christmas had pinched a piece of cake.. and it has stuck in her mind ever since Smile
We always wait for everyone to get up to open presents.
Think this year Mikki... I will be calling on you for a little Bucks Fizz!!!
We have Turkey... hubby's boss always buys a fresh one for us.

Well hope you all have a lovely day... back soon !
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Good morning all Smile weather is now a bit gloomy here but started off with some sun Smile

Christmas omg haven't had a thought about it yet and probably wont until a week before Laughing not my favourite time of year so don't like it to last too long Smile The last 3 years I have been made redundant just before it so they haven't been the best probably why I can't really stand the thought of another one Laughing

Still no news on Jaynes pc probs and she's not online so probab;y not got it sorted yet Sad
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  mikki Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:13 pm

[quote="cubbie66"] The last 3 years I have been made redundant just before it so they haven't been the best probably why I can't really stand the thought of another one Laughing

Thats really sad Cubbie, I hope this year will be a happy one for you.

Your Christmas sounds lovely Karen, when I was young we use to put the fruit,nuts and sweets out on Christmas eve, and the christmas tree was always put up on my birthday (15th Dec). We always had a very full house for christmas dinner, around 20 people, mum would get two tressle tables and long benches from the community hall.

I find the fun has gone out of Christmas now that we have no young children around, I wish Daniel would hurry up and give me a grandchild Very Happy .

Heres another Chrimbo question, do you make any thing crafty other than cards at Christmas?

I am like a big kid I love the run up to Christmas with the decoration every where.

Have a good one.

xx

Mikki
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Not sad just should have made the career jump sooner, finance hasn't been the best occupation to be in for sometime now Laughing
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:59 pm

Afternoon all lovely to see you all. Christmas affraid affraid it changes every year as the children take it in turns to go to inlaws, but we all do one family dinner each over the period, so makes it last longer Razz only trouble is when the children turn up they switch of and the grandkids are left under our control affraid affraid I must admit as I age I am finding that I am am really K--------D by the time they all go home Sleep Lv Janet xx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 pm

[quote="mikki"]
cubbie66 wrote: Heres another Chrimbo question, do you make any thing crafty other than cards at Christmas?

I am like a big kid I love the run up to Christmas with the decoration every where.

me too me too!!!!

I love making the Bucilla Plaid felt kits - I made a 5' Father Christmas about 10 years ago... he comes out every year to hang on the door. Also made a Rudolph wall hanging, tree ornaments... loads of things. They look so effective when they are done, this year I am making a set of coasters/serviette holders. Made some last year to send to my friend in the states and was so pleased with them - have done us a set this year.
Making my christmas cake next week, and possibly my pudds!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:25 pm

oh and another thing... always put the deccies up 1st December!!! Have done since Amy was a baby and now I am a childminder the children love to see the decs up. By the end of christmas the baubles do need a bit of dusting though Laughing
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down