The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thursday oh yes it is !!!! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday oh yes it is !!!!

+8
lexiecraft
Craftworker
lady of kent
poppytree
CraftyPat
Andrea
muppet73
cubbie66
12 posters

Go down

Thursday oh yes it is !!!! Empty Thursday oh yes it is !!!!

Post  cubbie66 Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 am

Good morning ladies Smile Stopped raining here at last stills looks a bit murky out there but might improve Smile
Must get some h*******k done today, I know I shouldn't but needs doing Rolling Eyes
Apart from that nothing else planned other than maybe a trip into town if the post comes I'm expecting Neutral
Well Lou has had almost her second week isn't the time flying Shocked let's hope she feels much better for it Smile
Have a great day all whatever your doing and stay safe Smile
Take care xXx
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867
Registration date : 2008-07-05

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Thursday oh yes it is !!!! Empty Re: Thursday oh yes it is !!!!

Post  muppet73 Thu May 14, 2009 9:17 am

Good morning Jan, hope your well after your splashing yesterday. Good morning to everyone else Very Happy
Can't believe that it's another working week nearly done with it's just flown past this week.

Jakes is still in bed he's shattered from yesterday. He's been doing SAT's this week and also had PE at school yesterday then Gym club at after school club and then he went to football training. He's still snoring so I think I'll leave him as late as possible before I wake him I love you

Went to fat club last night, stayed for the exercise class....phew. But lost a total of 15lbs now, still a long way to go but every little helps Very Happy

Hope the weather cheers up a bit, have a good day Very Happy
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Thu May 14, 2009 9:35 am

Good morning Jan , Di and all who follow, wet here this morning it was lashing down when hubby went to work at five. I went back to bed for an hour then son woke we up Mad , nothing planned for today . Well done on the weight loss Di and Jan get that housework done then you can play Very Happy Hugs to the poorlies .
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CraftyPat Thu May 14, 2009 9:43 am

Good morning Ladies

Just popped on before I go off to work, well done Di on your weight loss. Once I get back from Cornwall(end of month)
then I have to get myself into gear as I do suffer from carrying too much weight.

I have now added the cards made at The Craft Barn with the Dreamweaver paste to my gallery post, so if you have time pop in and have a look, Christine they were really easy so go on and have a go. I watched a few youtube video clips on it as well they helped take away the worry about doing it.

Well have a good day ladies, sun is out here but I am not awake enough to appreciate it yet as my wisdom tooth decided to give me grief last night, so I suppose as much as I am not looking forward to it getting it taken out on Saturday is probably a good move! despite it being my birthday.

Catch up with you later girls

Pat x
CraftyPat
CraftyPat
New Moo
New Moo

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-10

http://craftypats-chaos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

Morning all. Dull and grey but no sign of rain yet - won't be long I reckon.
I'm off to an exhibition for the day so no craft for once!

Well done Di with your weight loss- I must start again. After my 3 stone loss last year I haven't lost any more since my Australia trip. I haven't put much on either thankfully. Just not in the right frame of mind yet. Will carry on eating sensibly and try again when it gets warmer. Don't fancy salads when its cold -just want comfort foods!

Forget the h*******k remember, dust is a protective covering for furniture!

Hugs to those who need them -I'll be back later this afternoon
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lady of kent Thu May 14, 2009 11:05 am

Morning, dull and grey here but a nice day all the same. Have a good day all. Janetx
lady of kent
lady of kent
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 6966
Registration date : 2008-07-05

https://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o422/ladyofkent/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu May 14, 2009 11:55 am

Morning all, bit murky here this morning but the sun trying to come out Very Happy Have two sympathy cards to make today, had a letter from Martins cousins yesterday to say his Aunt had died. I took some decoupage to cut out and assemble while I was in the New Forest and they will be ideal to put on them.

Well done on your weight loss Di. Have fun whatever you plan to do today - h*****k No No
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Thu May 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Good morning ladies , no rain here , hope it stays away as I 've got one lot of washing on the line and more to go , getting ready for mum next week. I am trying to break in a new pair of shoes , only had them on for a little while last night and they marked my feet so I've got thick socks on and am trying again , eventually I want to wear them without socks! Got a nice easy supper tonight ,my step son is comming over his reqest sausage and mash , Rupe asked for that on tuesday wants it to so easy peasy.... Have a coffession girls I hoovered our bedroom had to , I suffering from very dry skinand it was in the bed yuck so had to hover!!!! affraid Iam worried becase I tied the craftroom yesturday and hoovered in there toooo....hope I am no going down with any thing ha ha !Making folders for my ATC's doing them on the Cricut , the cartridge is Fabulous Finds ,I love it its really useful. Must dash .Hugs to everyone Very Happy Lexie Laughing
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cally Thu May 14, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi there well what a day its still misty from this morning and where i look out of my office window and usually look at hills all i can see is mist, hope it clears up for next week when we go back to st ives.

Well another boring day only took 6 calls so far so thought i would pop on here and see what you are all up to today,

When we went up wigan last week we went to the garden centre that used to have craft central in and everything was half price in the craft place not much left but they had a cutting machin e is it called a cuttlekid well i got it for £15 so i bought it for my grand daughter for her birthday in oct dont know wheather i will be able to keep it that long just want to see her face when she gets it.

right better go in case someone comes in you never know.

talk later take care
cally
cally
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 400

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g13/j1414d/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Thu May 14, 2009 4:36 pm

Afternoon everyone. Sorry if I keep disappearing my computer keeps losing the internet today for some reason. Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing Smile I will try and get back on here later Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Thu May 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Congratulations Di on your weight loss, that is a tremendous effort! cheers

Drizzly here, and it's been like it on and off all day. This morning I went into school to help as a reader for 11 year-olds doing their maths SATs. The children needed help reading, but they could do the maths if the questions were read to them. There are strict rules for the readers, they absolutely can't help, not even to suggest the child moves on to another question if they're obviously stuck. It's only right, as the ones who can read have to manage their own test, and it wouldn't help to have a false result anyway, if help is needed it has to be known, so you have to repress your instincts to help when they're obviously struggling.

It's funny though, for the maths they must know their numbers and symbols, even if they can't read, so readers can only read the questions, not numbers or symbols/signs. For example, if a question said "There are 120 animals in a field, 6 pigs, 8 goats, 20 sheep and the rest are an equal number of cows and horses, how many cows are there? And "Which symbols would you use to do your calculations?" We had to say "There are (point to number) animals in a field, (point to number) pigs, (point to number) goats, (point to number) sheep and the rest are an equal number of cows and horses, how many cows are there? And which of these (point to each symbol) would you use to do your calculations?"

The teacher was also a reader, and even she forgot, when the number was 160 she began saying one hu... and had to stifle it. Smile It's easily done. What's difficult is missing things out of a sentence when you're concentrating on trying to make sense for the listener. (Honestly, try reading aloud from the forum missing all the 'the's' out.) It was my first experience with SATs, but I think the girl I was with did quite well, so I was relieved I hadn't ruined her test! Very Happy

I am helping tomorrow too, so shall have to watch my p's and q's again. It was quite an interesting experience. Smile
Christine
Christine
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu May 14, 2009 7:53 pm

What a day its been... started off drizzly, now its a steady heavy downpour and I have had puter problems... but all I did was pull and push a few wires.. and hey presto its working again Laughing

Amy is on her last day tomorrow... taking in a shirt for 'shirt signing'... gets her Year Book as well and its Smart Day. Only hope the rain keeps off for her to get round to school - she is wearing white trousers (what was I thinking about!!)
I can remember her leaving Primary School wishing she was starting Nursery again... here we are about to leave Comprehensive... they're not babies long

All these sheep and cows and chickens running around I am already confused... ooopsss no chickens!!!

Enjoy what is left of Thursday!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  muppet73 Thu May 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Think it must be a day for computer problems, had to switch my router and broadband off for a while which seemed to sort out the problem.....thankfully Smile

Well done for keeping all the weight off Jane, I last went to fat club 3 years ago and had put all my weight I'd lost back on. I have always been big but I'm trying to lose it and keep if off as my knees play up otherwise.

I hope your tooth has been a bit easier today Pat, good luck for Saturday Very Happy

Have you seen a doctor Lexie? Obviously coming down with something to keep tidying up and hoovering. I like Jane's idea that it's a protective covering for furniture Very Happy

That's really great Christine what your doing, I would struggle with not being able to point them in the right direction. Good luck for tomorrow Smile
muppet73
muppet73
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down