The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Tuesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Tuesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Tuesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Tuesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Tuesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Tuesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Tuesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Tuesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tuesday

+3
lexiecraft
Andrea
Karen R
7 posters

Go down

Tuesday Empty Tuesday

Post  Karen R Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:23 am

Morning...

Its raining cats and dogs here at the moment!
Will be glad when today is over. Keith is all ready and waiting for the transport to take him to hospital.
I am going to a meeting regarding Mum. So hoping the rain holds off when we get into town - as its quite a walk to get up to the Day centre.
And its cold in the house. Keith phoned about 6 people the other day to sort our heating out... only one replied, and said he couldnt do it Mad Dont think anyone wants work nowadays!
Right... will pop back later - have a lovely day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Tuesday Empty Re: Tuesday

Post  Andrea Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:47 am

Good morning Karen and all who follow, chucking down here too, off to my parents with kids in tow today. Been organising eldests birthday bash has she is sixteen in december and wants a party. Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and big hugs to the poorlies. Hope you get the heating sorted Karen.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 am

Karen , good luck for today with yourmum , and hope Keith gets on ok .Not raining here just very grey and murky ...Well my Auntie Pat arrived safely in South Africa and Micky and I are jealous as hell still it won't be long till are turn !
Andrea a party ah ! your brave are you having it at home or in a hall ? No doubt your daughter will have a ball!
Guess What and you won't believe this well I did'nt then a huge part of me did ..... the meeting yesturday had to be cancelled AGAIN through sickness ..... what can I say !!!
Have a great day everyone ..... Hugs to all xx
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Good morning ladies. Raining here too, although I got up late and it wasn't raining then. Sally arrived home with lots of chat about her holiday but I still had to sort the rabbits out this morning as she is still in her dressing gown. I think she thinks she is still on holiday - Martin made her a full english breakfast this morning too Shocked

Good Luck today with your Mum and hope Keith gets on ok Karen. Andrea a 16 yrs old party affraid I was lucky as Sally wasn't really into parties and as her birthday is in August she was quite happy with a BBQ but usually preferred to do some kind of activity - bowling or ice-skating or something. Lexie, I can believe it Mad I had a phone call from the hospital a couple of days before Sally went on holiday as they were cancelling her yearly appointment for the next day. I gave the girl Sally's mobile no. and told her she was going on holiday the next day so best to phone her directly to make another appointment as I couldnt arrange it for her. She phoned Sally - who told her she would be on holiday for the next 3 weeks so could they make sure the appointment was made after then as if it was earlier she wouldn't be here to receive the appointment letter and wouldn't be able to cancel it. They sent the letter with the appointment 22nd Oct. Evil or Very Mad So now it looks as though she just didnt turn up Rolling Eyes

Had a text from Frances and Kayleigh is still in a lot of pain but the earliest hospital appointment they could give her was the end of November What a Face
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Typical Jacky , makes you so mad when you let them know and then it looks like your fault ! Poor Kayleigh this has gone on a long time ah poor kid sending hugs ! Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Afternoon ladies. Wet here now as well but it was dry at 5.30am!!!! Roy is staying here for 3 nights as they are doing roadworks outside his flat overnight for 3 nights so he thought it might be a bit noisy! Result is I have to get up and take him to the station for 6.30 train What a Face so I was shopping by 9am then home , coffee, got bread baking and I've ironed his shirts (normally he does my ironing). Waiting for gasman now to fix the gas fire. Might need a nap this afternoon Sleep
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmicfairy Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Afternoon all, Karen hope things went well at meeting and Keith got on ok.xx
Oh poor Kayleigh bless her and waiting till the end of nov is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Sending huge hugs to you all.
Got a card today think its my swap card from Jenny its beautiful but no witing in it to say who its from but beautiful, going to but piccy on now.xxx
cosmicfairy
cosmicfairy
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Afternoon ladies, Lexie, Jacky ive book a room at the Metrodome where i do fitness. Its called the rugby suite i would never have a party at home we would not fit them in the house she is inviting fifty Shocked and we get the room free Very Happy . Qiute looking forward to it now.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:42 pm

She'll have a great time ! Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Sounds good Andrea Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny M Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:10 am

Hi ladies sorry to have been AWOL for so long - its been a succession of one thing after another. In the next few weeks I'm away again for a few days, Devon this time and a few days after coming home I'm having both knees operated on. I'm having my blood tested every couple of weeks at the moment as they won't operate until my thyroid levels have stabilised, they are running a tad high at the moment - not that I have any of the symptoms just the numbers are not right according to their books !!! My meds are being changed about with the hope that we can get them in the right group by my op. Its quite funny really as I'm booked in the day before so that they can pump some platelets into me as a precaution but its a day ward - so I'll be on my own that night - is that what they call private health care ? hehe

The end result should be that I'll be walking fine by Christmas - just in time for my new year short break away in Roúen again he he

As I won't be able to stand for long periods and I craft standing up I've had to get all my Christmas cards done before I go in, I'm almost there only another 6 to make now and 41 made so far phew!! good thing I made a few along the way this year he he Smile

In an attempt to control my SADS a bit more I've been trying to keep away from my computer and make sure I go out a lot, so have diverted my attention to photography and swimming rather than comp to make sure I go out. Not sure if its working but the physio will be very pleased with my exercise levels in readiness for the op too he he. I forgot to mention that part I have to get my leg muscles improved and strong enough to help with the after op physio. Going about with 2 dodgy legs and crutches should be a laugh. I'll have to do the stairs test like you Lou - so far I think the head first or on my bum options are the only ones I've managed when practising he he Fingers crossed for me at the time.

I've managed to rope Pete into being a Father Christmas helper during December - they did suggest that I help too and put on an elf costume and sit in a sleigh, cos of my legs, !!!! guess what the answer was he he

I'm off to bed now - speak to you all soon and please forgive me for not joining in of late. I'll have loads of time after the op he he Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:14 am

Best of luck Jen - but enjoy your holiday first Very Happy
Craftworker