The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wild and windy Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wild and windy Wednesday

+2
Craftworker
Karen R
6 posters

Go down

Wild and windy Wednesday Empty Wild and windy Wednesday

Post  Karen R Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 am

that is the weather of course!!

Morning...

Doesnt seem quite as cold out today, but its windy.
No big plans for today, a date with the ironing board and thats about it.
Have a good day, see you later x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Wild and windy Wednesday Empty Re: Wild and windy Wednesday

Post  Craftworker Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Good morning Karen, oooh can't type this morning my hands are so cold Shocked Put the little heater on in my craft room before I came in here so it is warm but I can't seem to warm up. My shoulders are really aching again this morning. Woke up about 6.00 and shuffled the pillows around but couldn't find a comfortable way of laying. Martin rubbed some Deep Heat on for me before he went to work which has warmed it up but still aching Laughing I just want to snuggle up in a blanket today but have to get some cards done, haven't done any for days although I keep saying I am going to.

Thinking of Jen today - hugs to all that need one and enjoy your ironing Karen Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Morning Karen, Jacky and all who follow. It's very windy here and the car said it was -3 when I took Michaela up to her friends this morning. I've got the heating on today (which I usually don't do)hat when I try to do some cards later I will be able to use and feel my fingers.

Karen once you've finished your ironing do you want to come and do mine??? Smile

Jacky I hope you get your cards made Smile

Lou I hope Emily is feeling better Smile

(((HUGS))) to anyone who needs them Smile

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Morning all - just a quick pop on here as I have some cards to do before I go to Roy's for dinner. Isn't he good he's cooking tonight. Steak and baked potato. Jacky sounds as if you've got a flu type bug to me. Hope it goes away soon.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Afternoon all,

late in today cos I have been making christmas cards with Emily, well really all I had to do was search and gets bits out of my stash and then keep reminding her not to put the double sided tape down on the carpet so it don't get hairy!!! She made 7 in all and then lost interest, all made from my christmassy papers and bits recycled off last years cards my mum and dad received! She only does handmade ones for her 'special' friends.... the rest are getting the ones I bought in the after christmas sales in January!

Thinking of Jen today. Hopefully only an overnighter she said in a PM so hopefully will be able to catch up with her on Friday x All the best babe xx

Jacky really hope your shoulders ease up soon, mine have been bad this morning but have had my heat pad on them... its great because it's not bulky or heavy like a hot water bottle and it is continuous steady heat and you can wrap it over your shoulder... i got it for £15 on Ebay and I highly receommend one x The first one I had was a Paula Radcliffe endoresed one but when that broke I got another one by a companty called Dreamland.... its a good size pad so it covered pretty much all of your back too for my bad days! If you want a link let me know hun x

Sue have a lovely time at Roys tonight, steak and baked spuds sounds perfect for these cold nights!

Frances... I have the heating on too at the moment, trying to conserve energy is a pain but there are only so many jumpers you can wear before looking like a blasted sumo!!!

Karen.... we really must find you a hobby.... you do more ironing than anybody I know!!!

Hugs for any poorlies x Hope you all have a lovely day, and that Jen gets a dishy doc or nurse!!!

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Lou, thanks for the tip about the heat pad, googled it and found Boots sold it so phoned the little Boots we have in Frimley now and they have one in stock so Martin is going to pick one up for me on his way home from work. £19.99

Sue, your dinner sounds good to me too Very Happy especially having it cooked for you. I can't really complain as Martin does the ironing and I would rather cook than iron Very Happy and you could be right about a virus as I have felt so tired for the past few days and with a headache in the background nearly all the time. I do feel better today, not so tired, just the nagging pain in the neck but at least he is at work today Laughing Laughing It's my shoulder really but couldn't resist that, bless him, but it did seem to start at my neck. I have done some cards today at last and have sussed out the card which Jane put in her gallery so have started on some using that design now Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 pm

I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.... if its for your shoulder the tip is to bit with a cushion behind it so it is pressed right in there and some come with a strap to help secure it but it may be too short for a shoulder so a dressing gown strap does a good job!!!

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrea Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Good evening ladies bloomin freezing here and wet and windy, not done much today except go to the drs over my thumb, she pierced it twice has it was swollen and infected. Put a dressing on it and given some antibiotics and told to keep an eye on it incase the infection got worse. Hugs to any poorlies sat now trying to keep warm and havin a cuppa. was contenplating going into town to watch the Christmas lights been switched on but the celeb is pepper pig pig Shocked so dont think we will be bothering.
Andrea
Andrea
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://andreas-card-creations.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:46 pm

lol!!!! Peppa Pig Laughing snort snort Laughing

Well, I had a phone this afty from my Social worker confirming that 'the panel' have agreed Mum can have 2 night sits. Just waiting now to hear from Crossroads who will be doing them. They are going to contact me regarding an introductory meeting to enable Mum to meet the Sitter. Just wondering whether I ought to be there on the first night sit (obviously I shall be there to meet the sitter when Mum meets her for the first time) what do you think???? The sit will be from 10.00 pm through till 7.00 am
Mum should be having Dawn tomorrow, so can always ask her.
Dark and raining out now... first rain we have had today.

Lou.... you should know by now... IRONING is my hobby Laughing
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:50 pm

LoopyLou wrote:I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.... if its for your shoulder the tip is to bit with a cushion behind it so it is pressed right in there and some come with a strap to help secure it but it may be too short for a shoulder so a dressing gown strap does a good job!!!

Great thanks, much better than the hot water bottle which kept slipping down, this stays put and heats up so quickly too Very Happy

Thats good news Karen, glad you are getting some help at night - it will help you sleep better knowing your Mum is safe in her house Very Happy You could be there when she gets there but then leave her to it but it would be a good idea to ask Dawn what she thinks Very Happy
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Really glad you think it was a good purchse hun x Also good for pre-teen daughters with belly ache!!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:02 pm

He does my ironing as well!!! Very Happy Very Happy
topgran