The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wild, windy Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wild, windy Wednesday

3 posters

Go down

Wild, windy Wednesday Empty Wild, windy Wednesday

Post  Karen R Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:43 am

A typical October morning, but I can see a bit of sunshine looming.
Not sure what I am up to today, the grass could do with a short back and sides, but also got a bit more to do down at Mum's house. Can only do a bit here and there what with visiting etc. but its got to be ready by next Wednesday, so at least we can relax after then and wait hopefully for a good tenant.
The meeting went ok yesterday, the lady kept mentioning Dementia whilst Mum was there... we havent told Mum of her condition, she does take in certain things like she said the other day she was going to London (think the came from Keith going there) she also remembered about Bailey. So I pulled the lady up on and she said she didnt think Mum would understand (I dont care what she says...I dont want it mentioned in front of Mum) Keith also told her, and she did lower her voice after that. Mum still hasnt had her Assessment, but is 'medically fit' to be discharged. Apparently there are extra things that Mum can have, and depending on what we decide we will try and get for her. There is a good Home into Retford which is about 7 miles away, but we have to wait till the Assessment is complete.
Well... I better go and get a shower, will wake me up a bit! Enjoy your day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Wild, windy Wednesday Empty Re: Wild, windy Wednesday

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Good morning Karen, overcast here at the moment and the ground was wet when I got up this morning. I would be so mad if someone did that to my Mum - dementia doesn't mean she doesn't understand anything Mad she is bound to pick up on things even if it is sometimes confusing for her, and especially when you asked her not to use the word in front of your Mum - doesn't she realise that she is upsetting you all by doing it. Evil or Very Mad Glad you have found out a bit more - hope you get things sorted out.

Took Molly to the vet yesterday and came back minus £90 and antibiotics for 4 weeks, kidney pills for 4 weeks and he gave her an anti-inflammatory jab. Sally came last night and she took some food from her. Sally wanted me to help her do a booklet for Richard's birthday telling him what his present is - a long weekend in a cottage in Yorkshire. He loves York as he went to Uni there. We printed out photos of the cottage, the York Minster etc. but as a surprise they are stopping on the way up to go to Diggerland as she thinks he will love it there Laughing The clue she gave him was a picture of a caterpillar Laughing Took me a while to connect the two scratch
While we were upstairs, Martin was watching tv and missed the fact Molly needed to go out - poos wees and sickness in the kitchen. I told him it was pay back time for leaving me with her on my own over the weekend lol! Anyway, this morning she has eaten a little cooked chicken and rice but still had to hand feed her. The vet says if she is still unwell in a few days then bring her back but she is definitely a lot more awake and alert this morning so keeping my fingers crossed.

Got to go shopping again as Martin has run out of his breakfast cereal this morning Mad Why he didn't say yesterday morning when we went to the shop Question Men Laughing Have to go out anyway as I have to post a birthday card.

Enjoy your day all, whatever you are doing. Glad Jane has finally landed in Oz.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:43 pm

What a lovely idea Sally came up with for a surprise birthday present.
Hope Molly picks up... bless her.
Just hoovered up and Bailey brings in a tree...well not quite, but needless to say she is making a mess!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:03 pm

lol! oh Bailey. Karen - Sally is just a big kid so I am sure she will love diggerland as much as Rich Laughing Rich is very inventive when it comes to gifts for Sally so she made the effort too. It also meant I could use my Zutter which I got from Celie ages ago - it worked really well.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Afternoon ladies.

I overslept this morning! I was so tired last night I forgot to put my alarm on. So instead of the alarm going off at 7am I woke up at 7.45am!! so was a bit rushed, but managed to get to the shop in time. I don't know why I bothered though, as we didn't have many people in at all, but other shops are saying the same, not just the charity shops.

Karen, I don't blame you for saying what you did when the women mentioned dementia in front of your Mum, and am glad you and Keith managed to get through to her about it.
Jacky, I am so sorry to hear that Molly is so poorly. How old is she?

Think the weather is changing today, we had the sun out but its a lot colder, well, more like this time of the year should be.
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down