The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Windy Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Windy Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Windy Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Windy Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Windy Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Windy Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Windy Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Windy Wednesday

+4
craftymumof3
Craftworker
Jenny M
mikki
8 posters

Go down

Windy Wednesday Empty Windy Wednesday

Post  mikki Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:02 am

Good morning Ladies and Gents,

It's really windy here in North London today. I have been up since 6 am and intended to do loads but had an email from someone from my past on Friends reunite and when I went to the site I found loads of new entries and lots of people that I haven't spoken to in 20/30 years, so I spent an hour or so writting to them, one was a boy from my first year of primary school (I was 5) we were always together in school and after school and then he moved to Aus and I never heard from him again and I have just found him on FR.
Have any of you found old friends through FR?

I am going to try and tidy up my craft room and stuff, I have a craft room that is so full I can not use it to craft in so I am using the dinning room as well now and that is such a mess, I have boxes of wood mounted rubber stamps that I never use but thye must have cost £1000's and I can't be bother taking them off the wood, but they take up so much space

I have found that when you take the stamps off the wood the rubber tends to go hard. Any ideas?

The trouble with tidying is you can never find things again, I have loads of plastic A4 boxes but I am running out of places to put them, I keep saying I must stop buying things but then something new comes on the market that I must have Smile

What are you up to this week and have you made plans for the weekend.
What would be good is if we could arrange a meet, some where that was easy for most people to get to and get together to do some crafting and chatting with maybe a lunch and a drink. What do you think?

Maybe we could ask Ann to do a workshop one Saturday or Sunday, it would only be small because of space.

Well all my good intensions for this morning have gone out the window so I best have some breakie and get on with things.

Have a warm and dry day.

xx

Mikki
mikki
mikki
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.craftywitch.com

Back to top Go down

Windy Wednesday Empty Re: Windy Wednesday

Post  Jenny M Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Morning everyone Smile It's sunny and crisp here today, which is good news for me as I'm heading off to the card class/demo. That's a great idea Mikki and I wish I lived near enough to join in. Perhaps the cafe next door to Anne's would accommodate you if there isn't a demo going on in Anne's on the same day. You could all have some of the famous carrot cake at the same time Smile

See you later ladies, have a good one whatever you have planned Smile
Jenny M
Jenny M
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2807
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa176/sweetness24jm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Morning all, sunny and frosty here - I too have been in touch with a friend on Friends Reunited this week who I havent heard from in about 40 years. Probably because it is now free to join Smile It would be great to all meet up. I met a few people from the forum last year at the Make It Show but I think Jen and Celie are the only two left on here Sad Enjoy your Craft demo Jen Very Happy

I have managed to keep my laptop today and will send it off with Martin next week as I can't do without it today because I haven't done the insert for the Wedding Card. If he took it in and they took it apart I wouldn't have my programmes to use Neutral

Going to U3A Craft Group this afternoon, making a parchment box Very Happy Have a good day everyone.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Morning everyone it's bright but freezing here today. The kids are at school and I plan to make some cards if my hands don't freeze up. The boiler broke down last night so I have to wait for the council to come and fix it.

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Oh you poor thing. My hands are cold this morning too and I have the heating on. It's warmer downstairs but the computer is upstairs Sad Hope it is fixed soon Very Happy What part of the country are you from Question
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:57 pm

Morning!

Its a lovely morning here in Nottinghamshire... lovely sunshine! Wish I had done some washing now!!!
Just got one little one to look after today, Friday I dont know how many!!! Its an Inset Day at school so sometimes I have a couple of extra ones then Surprised There has been a new Childcare Centre opened in our village... they are charging £6.50 per hour Shocked Think I might have to put my prices up!!! and they dont start until 8.00 am (I start at 7.00 am Sleep )
Got woken up really early this morning by our next door neighbours dog... its a little yappy thing, but she leaves the dog outside to bark Shocked I have dropped subtle hints, but dont think the penny has dropped yet! There are some OAP bungalows at the bottom of our gardens, dont think its fair to them either.
Well have a good day, will pop back later xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:46 pm

mikki wrote:Have any of you found old friends through FR?

Mikki

because my Dad was in the army we moved around a lot and some of the schools were abroad but the last one I went to over here is on there and I discovered that one of the boys from my class became headmaster of the school here that my boys all went to! Unfortunately I didn't find out till after they had left. When he took over as head he gave a talk to parents and various things he said made me think he had the same teachers but it never crossed my mind that I knew him even though the name was familiar and of course he wouldn't have recognised mine as I'd got married. When I fished out an old school photo and showed my boys they thought it was really funny as he had hair in the phot and was very bald when they knew him! When I think of the number of times I sat in his study discussing the boys with him and never knew who he was!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:15 pm

Afternoon All Very Happy
Sunny but chilly here today and the wind
has died down at last
Hope you all have a great day

Jayne flower

Back to top Go down

Post  cubbie66 Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Afternoon ladies quite a nbice day here so far but can see the clouds starting to loom Evil or Very Mad
cubbie66
cubbie66
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6867
Registration date : 2008-07-05

http://pic6.piczo.com/CubbiesCards?g=51112081

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Just got back from work and Asda shop. Almost dark so haven't seen much of the weather. On the way home it was bright sun but with black clouds looming. Quite cold now.

Tracked down 2 people from secondary school 1 in New Zealand the other in France (neither of whom I was particulary good friends with) but did track down our best man after searching for many years
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 pm

poppytree wrote:Just got back from work and Asda shop. Almost dark so haven't seen much of the weather. On the way home it was bright sun but with black clouds looming. Quite cold now.

Tracked down 2 people from secondary school 1 in New Zealand the other in France (neither of whom I was particulary good friends with) but did track down our best man after searching for many years

Going to unpack the shopping back soon. Hope you all had a good day.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Had to go out this afternoon and buy a new grate for
the fire, I think when my ex got the back boiler he