The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Thawing Thursday! EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Thawing Thursday! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Thawing Thursday! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Thawing Thursday! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Thawing Thursday! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Thawing Thursday! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thawing Thursday! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Thawing Thursday! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Thawing Thursday! EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thawing Thursday!

+2
LoopyLou
poppytree
6 posters

Go down

Thawing Thursday! Empty Thawing Thursday!

Post  poppytree Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Snow going now but roads still icy and bittery cold outside. Have just stuffed my turkey and put it in the oven. By 5.00 this afternoon I can carve it up, put in boxes and hide in the freezer till the big day! On Christmas Day I only have to do the roast potaotes and all the trimmings - so much less hastle.

I've just about finished my Christmas cards, done the list and letter and Clive's going to be busy writing the card - he's been off work because of the bad weather so I need to give him something to keep him occupied!

Talk to the family yesterday - they had the wettest day since records began but now the sun's out again and temperatures a comfortable 24 .... can't wait. They're off to New Zealand to visit Paul's sister for Christmas.

Hope you are getting over the various aches and pains and lack of sleep. Stay safe and keep warm.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Thawing Thursday! Empty Re: Thawing Thursday!

Post  LoopyLou Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Morning Jane.... glad u seem normal today poor Jacky seems to be having a freak out... thinking it's Friday!!!

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:01 pm

lol!!! Trouble is Jacky will put us all out with the days... will think tomorrow is Saturday!!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm

LoopyLou wrote:Morning Jane.... glad u seem normal today poor Jacky seems to be having a freak out... thinking it's Friday!!!

You mean I'm not any other day. i suppose its a bit strange cooking my turkey today but it saves so much time and energy on the 25th!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Bit slow on the go today so sorry if I am not with it... horrendous nights sleep again.... was in pain but also worrying about 2 friends of mine..... they were in a car accident yesterday.... not only that but they found out the person that rammed their car head on was actually a relative who thought they had reported them to DWP about benefit fraud!!! Luckily one of the witnesses to it all was an off duty police officer...... I only had coffee with my mate yesterday morning and this all happened about half three yesterday afternoon..... my friend is the same as me...riddled with blessed arthritis and was so much in shock when I spoke with her..... I have spoken to her this morning, they have both been discharged (her and her daughter) but are both in absolute shock! Understandable....

So my head aint quite where it should be....

My god... thank god my family are near normal!!!!! Shocked

This is the lady and her daughter I did the Tatty Teddy invites for!

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Oh crikey Lou, that is awful for your friends - and you too, it does shake you up when it's someone you know. Hugs all round.

I am fuming at the moment, bought a Cricut cartridge off ebay advertised as Brand new and it arrived today. The book halfway through has a watermark on it and distorted pages for about 6 pages as though a glass of water or a drink with condensation has been placed on it. It certainly wasn't brand new Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I have emailed them
SMARTCRAFT and will wait to see what they say. It wasn't cheap either, it's one that can't be purchased in the shops as it comes with one of the machines George & Basic Shapes which they were selling on C & C the other week. I saw it there and thought I would like it and checked ebay to find it. I wouldn't be annoyed if they hadn't advertised it as brand new Mad as I have tried it out and there is nothing wrong with the cartridge unless it has been downloaded onto a Gypsy - but I am never going to get a Gypsy so wouldn't care.

Off to do another 10 Christmas cards, sorted out my list yesterday and I do 105, so a bit short at the moment.

Jane, how can you be so organised. I havent got to cook Christmas day as we have all been invited to Ruth's parents for dinner cheers cheers cheers
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Well I've been a busy bee - written all my cards and some letters to go in them as well, it's taken me all morning and part of this afternoon! Just had to redo a couple of inserts 'cos I'd stuck them in upside down! Having a cuppa now and a catch up on here.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Hehe Sue I think we have all done the sticking an insert upside down thing! I know for sure I have on many an occasion! And sealing the envie, putting it in the pile and then realising you haven't written on the envie and now the envie is sealed and u cant for the life of you remember who it was for!!!

Jacky I would be annoyed too...... flippin cheek! Hope you get a response hun x

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  lexiecraft Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 am

Lou hope your mates ok now ...
Iam not cooking all of Christmas dinner we're going to Carol and Johns , Iam taking a gammon and a alternative pudding and choccies , plus wine and champers ! Very Happy
lexiecraft
lexiecraft
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 3013
Registration date : 2009-04-01

http://lexie-lexieslife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down