The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wonderful Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wonderful Wednesday

4 posters

Go down

Wonderful Wednesday Empty Wonderful Wednesday

Post  topgran Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:29 pm

can't believe I'm first today! Beautiful sunny morning, the birds are singing - I do like spring!

Waiting for Charity shop to come and collect some furniture this morning. Roy is off to the opticians at lunchtime then we are going to try and put some new webbing on Michael's settee! Should be interesting! Got a special tool to do it - looks like an old fashioned childs toy! Also going to try and get over to Aldershot to the American supermarket as Roy wants some saltine crackers.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wonderful Wednesday Empty Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Post  Craftworker Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Beautiful here too. Very warm outside. Even did my front garden yesterday. I have no internet this morning so trying to do this on my phone. Lost tv and phone too but they are back on. Molly is being groomed at the moment. Had to get on here to send huge hugs to Karen. Took me a while to log in.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Morning girls... hope it's as lovely there weather wise as it is here.... sunny

Jane have replied to your PM hun x Very Happy

Sorry I didn't show my face yesterday but believe me you sure wouldn't have liked to see it...... It was my nephews 17th Birthday yesterday and it hit me real hard that he's not here..... worse than it has for a few years now... maybe its to do with he would have been a 'young man' now.... whereas he will always be forever young to me. I had a fair few tears first thing and usually I try and control it in front of the kiddies but yesterday I just couldn't Sad

Was just glad it coincided with Adys day off...he thought he was gonna be fitting Emily's new bedroom carpet yesterday and he shoved her bed and matress in our room, I wondered what all the banging was and then asked him to put it all back cos I just didn't wanna sit moping in the house all day and it was a stunningly bright day too....

So we went down the town and had a nice cooked brekkie (tradition on a Tuesday) and then we picked his mum up and went to a few garden centres. Then we went down the cemetary...we took my other nephews grave name marker (cos they don't have a headstone Sad ... long story) as it got broken about 6 weeks ago and I had told my sister but she didn't do anything about it, so last week when we went up there I bought it home with me to mend it. So then I gets a phone call from my sister yesterday afternoon saying she now knows (cos I informed my mum) that I have it and WHEN EXACTLY was I gonna put it back.... cheeky cow Evil or Very Mad I told her I was taking it down that afternoon when I visited the boys.... she made a point of telling me how she had taken the glue down AND EVERYTHING so that she could mend it.... Rolling Eyes too little too late me thinks! If I left it there any longer it would have been destroyed by the strimmers....

Anyway at the garden centres we spent a flippin fortune buying new plants for our pots and hanging baskets and I then spent the rest of the afternoon planting whilst Ady strimmed and mowed both lawns, only after having to go buy a new strimmer cos neither of our old ones wanted to work yesterday so they have gone down the tip!!!

So the day ended quite nicely I must admit.... Very Happy

Then this morning at 8.40am I had my appt with Dr Menon the rheumatologist to discuss the MRI results.....

Not great news.... but I suppose not totally unexpected..... Rolling Eyes

The operation last year was a failure... no sh** sherlock Rolling Eyes and in fact it has made matters worse (he gets the award for stating the obvious does my darling Doc Menon!) ... he said trust me to be the awkward one ending up in the 1% of the stats that get made worse by the back surgery Embarassed . He always knew I was trouble he said Basically the op they did involved removing the soft nucleus of the prolapsed disc and apparently the whole they made to get it out just leaked more of the nucleaus out of it... more than before! Hence my trouble with sitting, less feeling in my foot etc. So he wants me to have it done again, I don't wanna..... Sad Sad so he has arranged for me to be referred to the pain clinic for an injection which is put right into the site of the problem Wonderful Wednesday 701734 , he says it should help more than an epidural to see if that helps.... he also says the MRI shows thinning of the bones in the hip and inflammation consistent with Arthur and after manipulating my shoulder (ouch, groan, crunch, grind affraid ) he says he reckons its in there too.. SO he wants me back in for more REHAB....... I said I will go in after the summer holidays at which he calls me a stubborn young lady lol! and tells me to just phone when I can fit REHAB in! They will be waiting for my call apparently!!! tongue

So there ya go....... my last two days in a (rather large and boring) nutshell!!! lol!

Oh by the way ignore the daft thread I put that says its Thursday... am gonna go try and delete it if I can!!!! I have an excuse .... I've had a rough couple of days!!! Very Happy

LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Yeah I managed it!!! Aint I clever!!!! lol!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 pm

LoopyLou wrote:Yeah I managed it!!! Aint I clever!!!! lol!

We would never have known if you hadn't told us lol!

Sorry to hear you have had a rough couple of days Lou, big hugs to you. Just goes to show these Docs or not always right Sad Glad you got out and about yesterday.

Molly had her hair cut this morning, it had really got overgrown as she is developing little wart like things all over her and last time she was cut I asked the groomer not to cut so short as she starts to lick them and irritate them, which seems to have worked. The only trouble was I kept putting off making the next appointment for one reason or another and then when I did she couldn't do it for 3 weeks (usually it's a couple of days). She looks lovely again now though. Only just got my internet back, was really lost without it first thing this morning, but I got a lot of housework done Neutral
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Oh dear Jacky..... if I tell Ady that he'll rip the modem outta the wall!!!! Housework.... eeewwww scary lol!

Glad the poochie aint a sight on legs no longer! afro
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:17 pm

LoopyLou wrote:Oh dear Jacky..... if I tell Ady that he'll rip the modem outta the wall!!!! Housework.... eeewwww scary lol!

Glad the poochie aint a sight on legs no longer! afro

I will keep it quiet if you do Lou, Martin won't notice that the floor has been vacuumed and the dust has gone from the sides. lol!
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:17 am

Bye the way Jacky - shouldn't you be wearing your sun hat rather than the Christmas one?
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 am

poppytree wrote:Bye the way Jacky - shouldn't you be wearing your sun hat rather than the Christmas one?

Mmmm shows how much I notice Laughing Laughing
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content