The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Wonderful Wednesday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Wonderful Wednesday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wonderful Wednesday

+2
Karen R
poppytree
6 posters

Go down

Wonderful Wednesday Empty Wonderful Wednesday

Post  poppytree Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:13 am

At last the action is slowing down here - three weeks to the day since we arrived!
Can't believe how much we've achieved in that short time - masses of paperwork, a new house and a new car just for starters.........phew!

Another cold day here but the sun is shining so may pop out later for a pensioners special at the Duck Inn in Coromandel Valley. Hope it it all good where you are.

The washing maching has just bleeped at me so time to hang it all out and put the next load of all our towels in. It dries so quickly here so not much need of a tumble drier. Took the covers off the outside sofa which Karen and Paul are 'getting rid' of. They were covered in mildew but have come up a teat - just the frames to wash down and vacuum to get rid of any lurking spiders. It will do us until our suite arrives but the house won't be fully 'equiped' till after the New Year then they can outside in the garden. At least we shall have a lovely home even if it is only partly furnished.

I know most of you will be asleep (or up late) as I write this, but have a great Wednesday whatever you have planned. Hugs to the poorlies too

(a few new pictures of the house in my blog and on FB)
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wonderful Wednesday Empty Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Post  Karen R Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:32 am

Morning...

Bit dark out at the moment, so no idea what the weather is doing! Let Bailey out, and she isnt wet... so I assume it isnt raining!! We had enough last night.
Not much planned for today, do have a date with the ironing board.
Enjoy your day xx
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 am

Morning all.

How lovely to hear that you are enjoying your new life. Do keep us informed of everything you ar doing, as I for one find it really so interesting.

Karen, lol enjoy the ironing.

I am off to the shop today, Sarah is taking Matthew out somewhere. They are going home tomorrow.

Short and sweet this morning, a bit behind Smile
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 am

Good morning all. Heavy rain when I woke up this morning, then a bit of blue sky. Rain looks imminent again now. Martin clearing out all the things he has dumped in Sally's old room as we have someone coming tomorrow to measure up for new vertical blinds and he wouldn't be able to get to the window Laughing 3 tvs to go to the dump. The old one from the lounge has been up there 3 years, the portable from my craft room 1 year, and we have just got a small one to replace the old portable we had in the dining room. I ordered a Grand Calibar yesterday so looking forward to that coming soon. Got to get my tickets for NEC too.

Don't work too hard Karen, don't want you aggravating your knee. Jane, lovely photos - you have been busy - so much in 3 weeks. Enjoy your day at the shop Marion.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 pm

The furniture in the pictures belong to the current owners but we hope to replace it in time with something similar - its going to look a bit bare till after Christmas but it will be worth the wait hopefully.

Had a nice lunch out at the Duck Inn in Coromandel Valley - pensioners speacial - we had garfish and chips with a garden salad followed by sticky date pudding with caramel sauce and ice-cream ...... yum. Needed a long walk in the botanical gardens after that.

The proteas were stunning and the bottlebrushes are still in flower. Some of the pink daisy type plants from 2 weeks ago are nearly over but the agapanthus will be out soon.

Wonderful Wednesday 6282318619_2778842c63
DSC01806 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Wonderful Wednesday 6282325661_5061db8730
DSC01814 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Wonderful Wednesday 6282847500_3fdd7e809c
DSC01818 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Wonderful Wednesday 6282306949_0ddccc4962
DSC01789 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Wonderful Wednesday 6282820224_d2a5aafc98
DSC01779 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Wonderful Wednesday 6282332767_3d14830803
DSC01819 by Poppytree2010, on Flickr

Last edited by poppytree on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Good afternoon girls, quite nice and sunny here today. Got washing and drying to get done today, first load of drying is in the tumbler tho cos I hate hard rough towels!

Hope you are all having a good day so far. My girls are driving me potty and not listening to a bloomin word I say....dunno whats up with them Rolling Eyes Well if they don't stay behaving they will be getting a short sharp shock!

Also I need to get my case sorted and make sure everything is organised shopping wise!
Can't have them all starving next week while I am incarcerated can I? LOL

Beautiful pictures Jane x Our garden and surrounding areas are looking very windswept at the moment, any flowers I had left in the garden have been well and truly mullered!

Ooooh Jacky and Grand Whatsamadoodle! How fab is that!!!

Marion hope you and your family have a lovely time together.....

I am getting nervous, the cat is stalking me at the pc desk Shocked just waiting for the claws in my leg Sad

Oh Karen, you and your ironing board! Its a match made in heaven!! LOL
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2992
Registration date : 2008-11-14

http://the-lou-natic-asylum.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:57 pm

What day are you going in Lou.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:11 pm

I go in on Monday hun...... have to be there 9am then I stay until about 3pm on Friday afternoon then have the weekend home and then back in Monday to Friday again. Will be having the Tuesday 'out' tho cos it is Emily's 10th birthday and there is NO WAY I am not waking up at home on her birthday!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Afternoon ladies. Very mixed bag of weather here today. Went up to Fleet this morning - what a palaver. The main road from me to town is closed for 5 days by the canal so have to go miles round to get there! Did the banking and shopping- loaded it into the car and went back to the machine to pay and as I stepped off the doormat onto the tiled floor ( in the Shopping centre) my foot went from under me with the wet on the tiles and I ended up sitting on the floor! Mad
Fortunately didn't do anything serious but jarred my arm where I went down - lucky it didn't break! Rang the management when I got home and they said they'd send a cleaning team round there! That's the last thing it needed - it needs a non slip floor! I had intended going to Roy's to clean his suite with the shampooer but have put it off - thought my arm might not cope with it.( at least that's my excuse!) Drove home in torrential rain and with the sun visor down!!
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Aww Sue, you poor love. Hope you don't start getting too achy after your expedition to the floor. Mega huge hugs for you xxx
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Ouch Sue, sending big hugs. Was worried when I was reading your post that you had done what I did a few years back when I broke my foot. Glad nothing is broken but I bet you will be achy tomorrow Sad I hope you write a letter of complaint too, you should be compensated as it's their fault the floor isn't non-slip even when wet.

Glad you are coming out for the weekend to be with the family Lou Very Happy but (you know what I am going to say) make sure you are still resting while at home Wonderful Wednesday 11

I have had trouble posting on here today from my phone. Once I have pressed send and it goes to my message I can't get out of it and have to turn the phone off completely to clear it.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Hahahahahahaha Jacky, you think I am gonna be able to rest????????

Oh how naive you are!!!!!!! lol!

Apart from the fact that I have to make the sponges for Emily's birthday cake that weekend (to decorate when I have her birthday ready for teatime on Tues eve) plus all the washing THEY will have built up during the week, plus helping Emily with homework she wont have time to do during the week cos she will be visiting me in evenings, plus (almost certain) the housework,

You really think I am gonna have time to rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!

OMG I think I need a TENA LADY!!!!!!
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  LoopyLou Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Add to the fact that I will be exhausted from all the physio and torture they have in store for me!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
LoopyLou
LoopyLou
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down