The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Super Saturday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
Super Saturday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
Super Saturday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
Super Saturday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
Super Saturday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
Super Saturday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Super Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
Super Saturday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
Super Saturday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Super Saturday

+2
Karen R
poppytree
6 posters

Go down

Super Saturday Empty Super Saturday

Post  poppytree Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 am

Had a great time at McLaren Vale Harvest Festival. Started with a traditional blessing of the produce and then the fun and games began. Lots for children to do - animal rides, petting zoo, facepainting, water walking and food and wine tasting for the adults.

Where else but Australia could you have a wine spitting competition followed by a Masterclass in Winetasting! Had 4 hours there and the crowds were still pouring in when we left. Bought a lovely chilli plant with 7/10 strength golden chillis on - just planted it out in a large pot in full sun. 6 chillis on at the moment and hopefully more to come.

Will download some video clips to youTube and post a link later.
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday Empty Re: Super Saturday

Post  Karen R Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:31 am

Morning Jane and all who follow...

Sounds a good day out, like the sound of the wine tasting!!

Jack Frost has certainly been working his magic last night - it is a really heavy frost.
Bailey went out on tip toe wonder what on earth the cold white stuff was, she didnt take long to do her business this morning!
So ... another Saturday, no plans for today.
Stay safe if you have to go out and enjoy your day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Good morning all. -2 here this morning but the fog they forecast hasn't appeared and its a bright sunny morning. Martin is off to get some wood to make some more shelves for my craft room. Funny thing though is I used to have enough shelves. Think they may have shrunk when the wood dried out Question Laughing Found a box of things I bought from QVC a long time ago and haven't used when I was sorting out yesterday. I think I should go through my stamps and do 1 impression of each to make a card, then I would have hundreds of cards ready to send Laughing

Hope you find something enjoyable to do today Karen, and I don't mean ironing. Jane, you are still finding plenty to occupy yourself.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Morning ladies

Jane, lol but how much of the wine went down your throat Smile

Karen, don't think I would fancy going out on a frosty morning either to do my "business" Smile

Quiet week end for me as far as I know. But I am going to go to Tesco sometime today and take back one of their ink cartridges. I have an Epson printer and on the front of the Tesco cartridges it says in large writing, "compatable with all Epson printers". Well, it isnt compatable with mine. They say once its opened they won't change it, but how else was I to find out.

I did take a Christmas card to pieces yesterday as I wanted to make a template Smile so I might have a go at doing that.

Enjoy the day and keep warm all of you.

Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  topgran Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Good morning ladies lovely day here as well - white and frosty and the sun is shining. Roy tells me it's very cold - I haven't put my nose out of the door yet!!

Seems funny Jane to have harvest festival just after Christmas!

Craftworker wrote: Martin is off to get some wood to make some more shelves for my craft room. Funny thing though is I used to have enough shelves. Think they may have shrunk when the wood dried out Question Laughing

lol! lol! Like that one Jacky 'cos I was thinking my room had shrunk!

Good idea to stamp all your stamps. I know some people do that and keep them in a folder so they know what they've got. Sounds a bit too organised for me!

Have a good rest of the day ladies.
topgran
topgran
Milk Shaker
Milk Shaker

Number of posts : 2871

http://www.susanscardcreations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craftymumof3 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Morning ladies. It's very cold and white here too today. I'm sat here with a hot cup of tea in one hand and snuggled up under a duvet to keep warm.

Jane sounds like you had a lovely day Smile

Karen I don't blame Bailey forbeing quick this morning Smile

Jacky it must be the central heating that's drying your shelves out Smile Smile

Marion I've got an Epsom and an HP printer and got inks from Tesco when they said they would fit but they don't. I took them back and got my money back so hope you do too Smile

Sue have a good day when you do put your nose outside the door Smile

I've got to take Kayleigh into town to the library then hopefully I can get some cards made. Smile

Have a good day whatever you are doing Smile
craftymumof3
craftymumof3
Mega-Mooer
Mega-Mooer

Number of posts : 4747
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen R Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 pm

topgran wrote:
Good idea to stamp all your stamps. I know some people do that and keep them in a folder so they know what they've got. Sounds a bit too organised for me!

My friend does that as well... she has quite a few folders, all titled ...hmmmm... wish I could be as organised!
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Marion Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 pm

craftymumof3 wrote:
Marion I've got an Epsom and an HP printer and got inks from Tesco when they said they would fit but they don't. I took them back and got my money back so hope you do too Smile
Smile

Yes, I got the money back as well. She said oh well it does say compatable, so I just said well if it had been I wouldn't be here now. So the money is now back in my purse Smile
But I have a friend that told me about somewhere on the web where he always gets his from for his Epsom, this is the address
http://www.inkredible.co.uk/Default.aspx
He has two Epsom printers and said he has been getting them from this site for over a year now.
So I am going to give it a go.
Marion
Marion
Moo'ette
Moo'ette

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:15 pm

What a stupid thing to put on the ink cartridges. I worked in a stationery shop before I retired and you wouldn't believe how many different cartridges there are for Epsom printers. Some really tiny, some thin, and some really chunky ones. We always said why didn't printer manufacturers make the printers so that they all used the same cartridges.
Martin has almost finished the shelves. He has to go and get some board to back it now as he forgot to get it this morning.
When I first started getting organised with my stamps I stamped the images on 2 pieces of card - one to go in the box and the other in a folder so that the stamp would always go back in the right box. Gave that up once I went to craft fairs and got so many Laughing The clear ones I have trouble knowing what to do with. Did put some in plastic pockets in a folder but then forgot about them - to be honest I have only just remembered them Shocked will have to go and see what's there.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  poppytree Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:19 am

Marion wrote:Morning ladies

Jane, lol but how much of the wine went down your throat Smile

All four glasses (and some of Clive's!) I wasn't driving and I don't believe in wasting good wine $34 a bottle!
poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down