The Crafty Cow Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
another sizzling Sunday EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:39 pm by Marion

» Happy Birthday Craftworker
another sizzling Sunday EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm by Craftworker

» Tuesday 17h
another sizzling Sunday EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm by topgran

» Monday 16th July
another sizzling Sunday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm by topgran

» Happy Birthday Lady of Kent
another sizzling Sunday EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am by cubbie66

» 2nd time lucky
another sizzling Sunday EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm by topgran

» Im stopping with the birthday club
another sizzling Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm by Andrea

» Im stopping with the birthday club
another sizzling Sunday EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:42 pm by Andrea

» Sunday
another sizzling Sunday EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm by poppytree

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

another sizzling Sunday

3 posters

Go down

another sizzling Sunday Empty another sizzling Sunday

Post  poppytree Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 am

Its certainly been a sunny one here but ............. 75% humidy - very uncomfortable. Always happens when I plan a cooking session. The family (+ Karen's in-laws) came for afternoon tea so today I cooked Anzac biscuits, coffee cupcakes and shortbread

Saturday was fun! http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com/2012/01/willunga-farmers-market-28-01-12.html
Got up early to go to the Farmers Market at Willunga and had a great spend as well as tasting lots of goodies. For just over $50 I bought:

a 'Black Prince' Chilli plant - now growing in a large tub on the patio (bought another variet at the Harvest Festival a couple of weeks ago and needed at least one more variety.
mushrooms - clean buttons and huge open portabellos
bok choi
lemon myrtle and chill goats cheeses - don't normally like goats cheese but I'll make an exception with this one!
almonds - vanilla flavour, smoked and chilli (tasted some other weid ones too - used to sweet but not salt and vinegar ones
Coorong smoked mullet with lemon pepper - yummy broken up in a salad
cucumbers - small Lebanese ones
tomatoes - large field grown and tiny cherry ones
rock melon - orange flesh and very sweet
strawberries
lavender brownies - subtle flavour and he makes a good fudge too
grapefruit - a huge bag 8 for $2

avocados - 2 for now and two to keep
Turkish bread - yummy served warm or toasted under the grill spread liberally with with garlic butter

Definately worth a visit and I'm sure we'll be back there soon. Usually finish off with coffee at the Bakery in the High Street when we go there and catch up with the local (free for customers) papers and magazines inside with aircon if its hot or outside watching the world go by when cooler.

Hope its a warm and dry one for you all too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

poppytree
poppytree
Queen of the Dairy
Queen of the Dairy

Number of posts : 7172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

another sizzling Sunday Empty NOT SO SIZZLING HERE!!!!

Post  Craftworker Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Good morning (whoops afternoon, where did this morning go) I have been so busy doing my farm this morning - what a time waster Neutral Martin has gone out with Ian, walking Callie, and Ruth is doing a Wedding Fair today. She is almost booked up for this year for Weddings, I am so pleased that it is all working out that she is having to turn people away as the day they want is already booked. Besides going to the actual wedding she then has to sort the hundreds of photos and choose the best ones, edit them all and print them. She does portrait days and each one she has done has been fully booked too, where the whole family go or just a single person Very Happy

Hope you are all enjoying your day, a bit misty here but at least it's not raining. Don't think I will be doing any baking even if it's cold Jane Laughing I would only want to eat it all and it's not good for my cholesterol. We just didn't seem to get humid days in Woomera, I think that's why I could stand the heat out there.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

another sizzling Sunday Empty Re: another sizzling Sunday

Post  Karen R Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Afternoon....

Just finished lunch and now having a coffee.
Its was a heavy frost this morning, took Bailey for her walk and she somehow got out of her harness, fortunately she was too busy sniffing to realise - she hasnt gone off lead yet.
Enjoy your day x
Karen R
Karen R
Moo'ver
Moo'ver

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Craftworker Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Oooer Karen, I remember the first time we put Molly's seat harness on her and attached the lead to it to take her out to the car. She got as far as the car door then pulled back as she didn't want to get in as she thought she was off for a walk. The harness just didn't hold her, we hadn't tightened it enough and she just started running around in the road. I was so scared as we live quite near to a tight bend and the cars can appear quickly. She thought it wad a great game dodging us. Glad Bailey was unaware Laughing Ruth walked Callie almost straight away off lead when she walked in the woods - braver than me.
Craftworker
Craftworker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 8986
Registration date : 2008-07-03

https://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/JackyM_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down